Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This complaint comes up so often with Teslas that don't have radar, I suspect everyone experiences phantom braking on AP and it can't be long before the NHTSA forces some sort of action.
I'm running FSD Beta (disables Radar) and I never see the blinker issue.

Phantom Braking does happen, you learn to recognize when it's likely to happen or if you don't expect it you just instinctively hit the throttle. Takes a looooong time to get used to that. Now it doesn't bother me (much). I wish it didn't do it, but it's a net win and more relaxing to drive with AutoPilot than not.

I don't drive 2 lane highways (1 lane each direction) much and some claim on coming Semi's trigger it. That's bad, but I don't recall it ever happening. But I'm not on 2 lane highways much.

The City street stuff is a joke and I rarely use it. Also rarely use Nav on Auto Pilot. But the rest is pretty good.

I'm running FSD Beta (disables Radar) and I never see the blinker issue.

Phantom Braking does happen, you learn to recognize when it's likely to happen or if you don't expect it you just instinctively hit the throttle. Takes a looooong time to get used to that. Now it doesn't bother me (much). I wish it didn't do it, but it's a net win and more relaxing to drive with AutoPilot than not.

I don't drive 2 lane highways (1 lane each direction) much and some claim on coming Semi's trigger it. That's bad, but I don't recall it ever happening. But I'm not on 2 lane highways much.

The City street stuff is a joke and I rarely use it. Also rarely use Nav on Auto Pilot. But the rest is pretty good.

That's going to really suck going from a 2015 Model S that had PERFECT TACC to one that barely works. Hope they fix this in software really soon.

EXCITING NEWS!

I just got this text from Tesla :

Tesla Update - We currently plan to build and deliver your Model X in March.
Please reply MARCH if you are ready for delivery this month and we will contact you about scheduling your delivery once your Model X is built.
Please reply DELAY if you cannot take delivery this month and we will reach back out at a later time.

I replied MARCH !!!

MX White exterior, cream interior, 5 Seater, LR

That's going to really suck going from a 2015 Model S that had PERFECT TACC to one that barely works. Hope they fix this in software really soon.

That thought is on my mind too. AP1 (both TACC and autosteer) has been a darn good driver assist system for years, no drama, not perfect but very predictable. Sounds like I'm gonna be missing it too.

Bruce.

Funny thing, I have a Plaid X order from 8/2021 and a X-5 Seater ordered on 1/21/22. The Plaid X was on my wife's account and the LR X on my account which I've bought 7 Teslas over the years.

The LR X got the text even though EDD was January 2023 but no text on the Plaid X

Delivery Location is Irvine, CA - No FSD on either cars
Maybe Tesla finally received their order of 2nd row bench seats they have had on order since last year!

Hey everyone, I finally took delivery of my Model X Plaid this afternoon. Black/Black 6 seater 22' no FSD. I wanted to come back to this forum and post my impressions and some thoughts as I found it helpful when others did this. For
Overall the car is just ama
One thing I was wondering:

Is there a way to adjust the A/C fan setting on the scroll wheels? In my old S I could adjust it using the right scroll wheel but I can't figure it out on the X.

In our M3P i usually just talk to it

MXLR on order April 21 / 5 seater

Have you ever ordered a higher volume car with an incredible demand surge like this in the midst of a pandemic with a myriad of supply shortages?
Yes, He said he ordered and received a 2022 C8, a car with close volume to model x. I factory ordered and received a Bronco during covid and received weekly emails, updates, and specific build updates as the car was built. I could even track its shipment once built. I don't mind the wait from tesla (my third model x so I am used to it), but they definitely fall behind legacy brands with regard to communication and general customer service.

For you guys that took delivery already...have you ever had your VIN disappear a few days prior to delivery? Mine's gone and the option to pay has been grayed out. It used to say "Pay Now" instead of "Start" since I already linked my bank account a few days ago.

I also went through the process and applied for Tesla insurance and got charged for the first month already. Vehicle is scheduled for delivery this Sat. I even got my MVPA with a VIN and 15 miles declared on the odometer. I hope Tesla doesn't cancel my delivery and/or give my VIN to someone else!

Screenshot_20220316-203310__01.jpg
Screenshot_20220316-203350.jpg

Picked up my LR 6 seat blue/black 20” X in Devon, PA today after 417 days. I was a prerefresh order (1/23/21). The $2k discount showed up about 24 hours before my appointment.

Tim was my SA helping me with delivery today and he was fantastic. The car was washed, tires were shiny black, he was super meticulous, kind, and incredibly patient with me.

Very few problems, if I can even call them that compared to some of the things I’ve seen posted by others. Here’s the issues I reported for service.

1. Drivers side door had a small but deep etched in scratch towards the top. he said they’re going to replace the entire window.
  2. Yoke worm is subtle, but present.
  3. A few tiny scuffs that Tim buffed out right then and there. One tiny ding on the passenger FWD.
  4. Passenger FWD very slightly misaligned. Like, so slight it’s comical. Had a few issues with that door not wanting to close all the way a few times though, so I added it to my service ticket.
  5. Frunk is a little strangely aligned. Kind of a gap on the passenger side, and extra difficult to close, like it just won’t line up (my neighbors with teslas all had a go and it took 4 people to get it shut properly). So that’s been added.
  6. Back bottom of passenger seat plastic wasn’t clipped together properly and overlaps (see photo).
  7. Had to push some weather stripping back in around the FWD.
  8. A few inner plastic trim pieces on the floor near the doors weren’t “clicked in place” and I didn’t really discover they weren’t until I stepped on one and heard it click, so probably push on those.

No weird sounds, no center horn yet. New tail lights and charge port. Old headlights. Hurled my body at the seats a few times to see if they’d move (thanks @Stro), and autopilot worked great once calibrated on the drive home. No phantom braking (knock on wood). Came loaded with software version 2021.43.202.
Going in for stek DynoPrism PPF with Jace at Focus Creative Company in Philly/Southern NJ after service visit is complete.

Yoke, from a woman’s perspective: For those of you fine gents who said their wives are absolutely not sold on the yoke, read on. As someone who was adamantly against the yoke over a year ago when they asked me to convert my order over to the refresh for an extra $8k, I love it. I even thought people saying they loved it were just in denial because they’d spent a ton of money on a car and were trying to convince themselves, but no, I love it because I actually love it. I am a petite woman and finding the proper seat height for my torso and legs is always challenging between reaching the pedals and seeing over the stupid wheel without getting decapitated by the seatbelt or using an ugly seatbelt pad. That extra bit I can see through the windshield without the top of the wheel in my line of vision is a game changer.
What I am iffy about is the stupid turn signals. I miss the stalks. I’m getting used to it, but it’s not as intuitive, even though there is a raised horizontal “bar” separating the left and right signals. I just don’t want to have to feel around for if I want to go left or right. Seems like a step backwards to me there.

So there’s my lengthy review. I hope you all don’t mind if I continue to hang out here. I attached a few photos of some of the issues I mentioned above. Happy to answer any questions! :)
6BBF98FE-FC6E-4A3F-A1E0-CBA624AC0E2A.jpeg
FD56208E-50FB-41E4-AF9E-F54C0DCA450D.jpeg
47545883-BBCA-4E6B-9237-0B5A2CF4D7B9.jpeg
55DF3A85-B0F4-40A2-976A-2AC7D3A278F6.jpeg
9AEAEA9E-00E1-4E34-949F-11007847AD48.jpeg
00A3398F-0E93-4061-BDD0-4CABB3BCB137.jpeg
71B13D81-1CA5-4548-A5EC-F7AB37C9D8D1.jpeg
FEC853C8-76B0-45C4-B25C-037572166945.jpeg