Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had Tim also, 3 weeks ago, same Blue MXLR, same spot, a few of the same minor issues. Yes Tim was great! Love the car. I’m taking mine in Friday for my de rigeur service visit. Only two issues are a reversed seat belt and to confirm the high pitched whine when accelerating hard is normal… does your car make a high pitch whine from the electric motor when flooring the accelerator? Particularly audible at highway speeds?

Took me 2 weeks to love the yoke but I’m there now. I’m installing my EVOffer frunk kit hopefully this weekend. This is the main after market upgrade I’m doing…. Fingers crossed it works!
The whine is normal. I have it in mine too during hard acceleration. After a while, I kinda like it. Gives it that airplane/space ship feel.

Keep us posted on how your frunk kit install goes. I'm thinking of getting that too.

This might be a dumb question, but why does an EV need to be inspected? I thought the purpose of vehicle inspections was to make sure your emissions were under control and you weren't driving around polluting excessively. I could be wrong though.

Some states have emission inspections. Some states also have mechanical inspections. When I lived in Texas, my car (not Tesla) failed inspection because the headlight mounting was loose and the light would bounce around slightly. Some states don't have inspections at all.

Day after VIN assignment I have a delivery date 3/30 but I also got a text saying they are short truck drivers and I must pick up in New Jersey, which is eight hours away, or forfeit the VIN assignment.
Considering staying in the area for a week to get a color wrap (recommendations welcome ) and address any problems.

Always Clean Detailing Services they do amazing work, book early and you might be able to get a loaner to use while they work on your car. Felix is the owner, not only is he super cool, but he used to work for Tesla so he knows the cars really well.

illmatic Wraps - Vinyl Wraps | Xpel PPF | Paint Protection Film | Xpel | Clear Bra They do great work as well, but no loaner....

Both of these are within 15 minutes of the paramus SC

Order date?
Tesla sold my X without my knowledge or any communication. I had a vin # assigned and a pickup time, which I showed up to, just to find out that they already sold it 30 minutes before I arrived (I was 15 minutes early to the appointment). They explained that their salesperson told them that he spoke to me & I cancelled my appointment. They would not tell me their salespersons name or provide any other information. My original order was 6/10/2020. Keep the faith that they will keep their word, but I don't blame anyone that calls Tesla nothing but a complete disaster when it comes to deliveries. and communication. and respect. and customer service...

Tesla sold my X without my knowledge or any communication. I had a vin # assigned and a pickup time, which I showed up to, just to find out that they already sold it 30 minutes before I arrived (I was 15 minutes early to the appointment). They explained that their salesperson told them that he spoke to me & I cancelled my appointment. They would not tell me their salespersons name or provide any other information. My original order was 6/10/2020. Keep the faith that they will keep their word, but I don't blame anyone that calls Tesla nothing but a complete disaster when it comes to deliveries. and communication. and respect. and customer service...
That's such a gut punch. I feel like you need to escalate this to management, I would stop at nothing to make them correct this!

How did you have an appointment for today when you just received a VIN this morning with an EDD of 3/24 to 3/28? Or am I misunderstanding that this happened to you on an earlier date with a VIN for a 5 seater?

1647537500869.png

Last edited:
Some states have emission inspections. Some states also have mechanical inspections. When I lived in Texas, my car (not Tesla) failed inspection because the headlight mounting was loose and the light would bounce around slightly. Some states don't have inspections at all.
In TX, all lights have to work, horn, windshield wipers, parking brake. Probably some other safety checks like windshield visibility. Only some counties require emissions testing.

been lurking here for a while but i figure I should post as things have finally been happening for me. Placed an order for X LR 5 seater back in April 2021, and got the rame delivery as everyone from Oct to Nov then Dec then Jan then March then July, but Monday the local Tesla (dealership idk what to call them) reached out and told me there was a high chance it would be coming end of March and today my App updated to March 21st to March 31st. Should i be excited or expect the same runaround until i get a VIN. I know the 5 and 7 seaters have been pushed back more than others but has anyone gotten a 5 seater yet? Idk if it matters but this is in CO and is white interior

To the folks who have picked up at Devon, PA, has anyone waited to pay via the app (I've linked my bank already) until after they have inspected the car? I'm picking up tomorrow afternoon and got a text (from a CA number) urging me to pay now to "avoid delays" but I'd rather wait to inspect the car first.