Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Really? Is it too much to ask to get a chance to inspect a 100K car before you agree to buy it? Is it too much to ask for people who have been waiting for such a long time to get more than 5 minutes? Is it too much to ask for Tesla to build the damn thing properly instead of intentionally passing on flaws to the customer and making them deal with it after the fact? No, the answer is no to all of these questions.

I never said I don't want the car. But I'm not going to blindly pay 100K for a hot mess.

Sure. 5 minutes. Just keep inspecting the car and every couple of minutes say, "Oh yeah, one more thing." They may try to pressure you, but the only thing they can do is take the car back. I doubt they will do that so quickly. I suggest inspecting the inside first to ensure they let you look inside before accepting. Either that or get 10 of your closest friends together and give each person specific things to inspect.

How long did it take for Tesla to make their offer after you sent your pictures?
To answer my own question ....the 8 days I waited was indicative of something wrong.
Turns out they were waiting for the pay off amount I still owed on the Model X. But they did not communicate this at all. Had to call them to find this out.
Moral of story, if it's more than 48 hours, get in touch.

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
Sure. 5 minutes. Just keep inspecting the car and every couple of minutes say, "Oh yeah, one more thing." They may try to pressure you, but the only thing they can do is take the car back. I doubt they will do that so quickly. I suggest inspecting the inside first to ensure they let you look inside before accepting. Either that or get 10 of your closest friends together and give each person specific things to inspect.
Hahaha, I like that idea. Hi Mr. Tesla delivery person, here is my inspection team ready to look at this car. I wonder what they would say.

Which wheels. I owned (up to last Saturday) a Raven X and just went with a friend to pick up his Y with the small wheels. I thought it was not harsh at all and quite surprised too. Cabin was also very quiet. But I wasn’t driving.
Not sure on wheels . It was the performance Y.
Coming from 22" Raven X it was night and day.
Big relief getting back to the X.

Reactions: jc368
For whatever it’s worth I text messaged my SA yesterday asking to switch from 5 to 6 seat (add $6500) to a July 2021 order and they said no problem and immediately updated the order agreement reflecting the correct (July 2021) base price. So it might just depend on who you talk to over there…
I don't believe you. Are you saying you can get in touch with your SA?

My delivery was scheduled today for home drop off. Got a call from Tesla that ETA was 10-15min.

15 min later get a call from Tesla saying there were faults discovered as they were about to leave the delivery center and they'll have to get in touch with service and reschedule my delivery. My app now doesn't show a VIN and delivery is TBD.

I had insurance issued on the new VIN today and other admin stuff sorted out. Major bummer.

I stopped by the SC that will be handling my delivery on Tuesday. They told me that I am not able to look at the car prior to delivery and that they only do home deliveries. I asked about how other people have been forced to accept delivery prior to being allowed inside the car to inspect it before agreeing to buy it and she said that I would be allowed the inspect the car at the delivery appointment but specifically said multiple times that I only get 5 minutes....

With all of the horror stories going around with model x quality issues, I'm already expecting to be disappointed at delivery. But after Tesla has made us wait for a year (more for some people), the fact that they won't give me more than 5 minutes to inspect the car on delivery day is absolute bullshit. She stated (several times) how fantastic their build quality is and that I don't need to inspect the car because they already have. Honestly I felt like I was her enemy, not a 100K customer. This entire experience has left a very sour taste in my mouth regarding Tesla. I wish I could say I was looking forward to delivery tomorrow but I'm really not anymore.
When I went the day my delivery, they told me the same thing, "No. Come back tomorrow." I left and drove to the parking lot with the Xs and inspected the outside myself. Found a few issues, but knew that when I came back the next day, my focus would be the interior. The only advice I can give you is to take your time. What are they gonna do? Lock you out? You'll be inside the car already. Let them cry.

Guys, I have never contributed to this forum as I never had much to share. But, recently in last 5 days I got these similar texts for March15 -March 31 EDD , which was change from Oct 22 to July 22 to March 15-31 EDD date. In the last 24 hrs, it changed from March 15 -March 31 to March 20-24 with a VIN # Assigned , 7SAXCBE60NF3369XX and mine is a MXP , Red color, 20' inch wheel, FSD and Black Interior, 6 seater ( which was originally 7 seater and I had to change to 6 seater with no pricing change on Feb 2, 2022). Picking up in Fremont ,CA. Hope this helps others who have been waiting for so long as myself, since I ordered on 05/06/2021. Any suggestions prior to pickup or during pickup or post pickup are welcome? I will also review the previous threads for guidance.
Great congratulations. My Order is a day before yours. seems to be July still.:confused::( . Hope to see some traction now.

For whatever it’s worth I text messaged my SA yesterday asking to switch from 5 to 6 seat (add $6500) to a July 2021 order and they said no problem and immediately updated the order agreement reflecting the correct (July 2021) base price. So it might just depend on who you talk to over there…
May be out of desperation - Could you share your SA contact? I have talked so many SA's and they seem to have no clue about this.

just email [email protected] with your reservation number and request the change but keep pricing

That is what I did, and below is their response

Thank you for reaching out. Yes that is correct. I have submitted case to have your interior updated to white and wheels to 20’. Please allow up to 24 hours for changes to reflect on your account. The $6,500 adjustment is applied within 48 hours of your delivery.

Best Regards,

Jorge Sanchez
Inside Operations Advisor
6569 Las Vegas Blvd South, Suite 200, Las Vegas, NV 89119

They gave me no problem about inspecting the car before signing and paying. They guy told us to take our time and just come back inside whenever we were finished or had questions.

i just got an EDD of 3/22 - 4/12 (no VIN), can i put the order on HOLD for the new headlights in June/July or will they cancel the order after 30 days if u don’t take delivery?

I called my SA and they delayed mine for me. And my order still shows a EDD of 3/21 - 4/10. I’m thinking that these dates are just pretty random. 😊

I’m assuming that it will show HOLD if an actual unit is being delivered to me. And it will go onto someone else. For now I just have a random date.

Reactions: iCeMaNxLb