Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I stopped by my service center to see if I could find my X and was delighted to see it along with 7 other Model X! I checked out the build quality and besides one quarter panel window being a little tight on the edge, it’s perfect. Now I REALLY can’t wait until tomorrow 😅. Here’s some pics!
Absolutely gourgeous!

This just in — first 7 seater spotted with missing 7th “centre” seat now in place. Appears Tesla sorted the crisis with locally sourced seat material- arm rest attachments coming soon.
E4BD29FA-F4DA-41BA-A960-4632BAEE44BA.jpeg

Note that Map updates which might happen overnight without seeing or ok’ing install might have improved some situations.

But tapping throttle does not teach the car to handle locations better. It used to be very inconsistent. These days you can typically see why it brakes. Usually merges. Shadows, bridges, Sun have very little impact these days. And your foot didn’t teach it that.

I could also tell it appears to download maps as you go. I think my car recently update to new maps. Driving to a new area I’ve not driven before. Map updating was awful. No street names, no POI’s very course and chunky. I even tried rebooting. Next day I took the same route and it was perfect. It downloaded some stuff as needed. It may download meta data like speeds. Etc. more dynamically as well.
yes you’re right. my foot didn’t teach it that. but what i meant was that extra little goose on the gas pushed Beta to realize ok now i’m edging a bit faster than that car and can change lanes ahead of it rather than mashing the brakes hard in order to merge behind a car that is already 4 or 5 car lengths behind. If Beta eventually is programmed to hit the gas a bit rather than the only current resort which would be mashing the brakes hard to merge, that would be quite splendid and way more comfy and safe driving. .

Last edited:
Question about financing:
I qualified through Tesla back in February 2021 at 2.49%, I have not been asked to requalify...yet.
I now have a VIN and delivery date range of March 23 to April 1.
Does anyone know if I will need to requalify or is it possible my original qualification will suffice?
I believe the application is good for 30 days so you'll need to re-apply if past the 30 days

Reactions: Great White
Question about financing:
I qualified through Tesla back in February 2021 at 2.49%, I have not been asked to requalify...yet.
I now have a VIN and delivery date range of March 23 to April 1.
Does anyone know if I will need to requalify or is it possible my original qualification will suffice?
Yeah, most loan quotes are only good for 30 - 60 days. They will run another credit check and re-issue you rate for the new loan.