Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I am still scheduled to pick up Saturday... For the trunk Mat is there an alternative that allow me to have the mat with the third row up and down? If I purchase the full cover, do I need to remove it when lifting the third row? any advise on this? Much appreciated. Thanks

Moderator note: As a gentle reminder, the Marketplace section of TMC is the place for you to put for-sale ads for Tesla vehicles, soon-to-be delivered Tesla vehicles, Tesla vehicle reservations, or variations thereof. It doesn't matter if a dollar amount is listed, or it's as simple as a "PM me if you're interested". All of these types of posts belong in Marketplace, not in this forum or this thread. Mis-placed posts or threads are subject to getting moved or deleted.

For more information, please consult the TMC advertising policy:

Thanks!

Bruce.

Hi all, long time lurker, waiting like everyone else for almost a year now. Just got a VIN assigned yesterday, but it's a 2021 VIN. I confirmed build date was back in October 2021 and thinking hard about declining delivery to wait for a 2022 VIN. Am I crazy? Does anyone know how the declining process goes and what happens to our place in line if we do so?

Hi all, long time lurker, waiting like everyone else for almost a year now. Just got a VIN assigned yesterday, but it's a 2021 VIN. I confirmed build date was back in October 2021 and thinking hard about declining delivery to wait for a 2022 VIN. Am I crazy? Does anyone know how the declining process goes and what happens to our place in line if we do so?
How were you able to tell production from VIN? I’ve never looked into this before. Thank you.

How were you able to tell production from VIN? I’ve never looked into this before. Thank you.
I asked the person who gave me a call to schedule delivery. Before he called, I had already checked the VIN to confirm it was a 2021. He also claimed that they were only sending out 2021 VINs right now, and that I would have to wait until 2023 for a 2022 VIN (straight up lying, for the first part of that statement anyway).

I asked the person who gave me a call to schedule delivery. Before he called, I had already checked the VIN to confirm it was a 2021. He also claimed that they were only sending out 2021 VINs right now, and that I would have to wait until 2023 for a 2022 VIN (straight up lying, for the first part of that statement anyway).
Oh wow, that’s crazy. How did you check the vin on your end? Also, how long did you have the vin assigned before you got your call?

Reactions: Great White
I stopped by my service center to see if I could find my X and was delighted to see it along with 7 other Model X! I checked out the build quality and besides one quarter panel window being a little tight on the edge, it’s perfect. Now I REALLY can’t wait until tomorrow 😅. Here’s some pics!
What state are you in? Glad to see the new charge port and taillight on that X.

Reactions: bkokes

2021 vs 2022 doesn't really matter. You're missing out on the oversized charger port. From what I've heard, refusing a VIN / car puts you back at the end of the line, which is likely early 2023 right now. If its plaid, then you can get one in a few months (late 2022)

It's been a week since I took delivery so I wanted to stop back in and give everyone an update.

I've found a few issues with my X and have a service appointment to hopefully remedy all of them. As a first time Tesla owner, the scheduling of the service through the app took a bit to figure out but I think I've figured it out. The biggest issue is a part of the drivers seat has a piece that's poking up, not sure if it's a seat heater line or what but its a little sharp though I don't really feel it sitting down.

I LOVE THE YOKE. Seriously, I probably complain about little things too much but this thing fits my driving style perfectly. I haven't had any instances where I tried to grab the top of the steering wheel or even reach for the stalks for a blinker. My work has a parking garage and haven't had any low speed awkwardness issues like some have reported having.

I installed the EVOffer Electric Frunk kit last night. I'm pretty handy but it was a little confusing. They definitely need a few more pictures and be more specific in where to mount/run things. If you do it yourself, getting the power from the jump point is pretty difficult unless you have smaller hands. I'm not saying to have your kids do it but maybe think about it haha. There's a pretty sharp piece of metal I thought for sure was going to cut my wrist at some point so that was fun. Also noticed that I only had 5 of the 8 bolts for the Frunk. It's secure but I still would rather have all the bolts lol.

The speed of the LR is plenty fast enough for me. I'm no Ricky Bobby but I do enjoy a quick vehicle, this one is silly fast and I can't imagine Plaid.

Those of you who have your X or another Tesla, is there a way to keep the Radio/Spotify from playing when you walk by your car? Or have it delayed until you actually sit down in the vehicle? I listen to podcasts and they will just start playing when I get close to the car sometimes.

I also wish there was a way to still use the Theater from the front seats to control it for the rear seats. I don't mean to watch it up front while driving, but with small kids, I wish my wife or passenger could get something going on the rear screen while in drive without having to bend around to the back to select it.

Still waiting on a software update from 2021.43.201.

I've owned nearly every brand of vehicle and this one is by far my favorite to drive and own. The wait sucks but the car is awesome. If you have any questions or want any pics of anything let me know.