Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I mean for the iPhone, if you wanna have sound for the user manual video in Tesla app, you know there is the physical switch on the left upper side on your iPhone to turn on and off the silent mode. Turn off the silent mode then you’ll get the sound.
Wow! How WEIRD! I have that physical switch always on red because I don’t like the dings of messages etc. Meanwhile I watch YouTube all the time and have audio no problem! But yep, flipping the switch on the left side of my iPhone (11 pro max) I immediately have sound in these Tesla videos! What gives?!?

Wow! How WEIRD! I have that physical switch always on red because I don’t like the dings of messages etc. Meanwhile I watch YouTube all the time and have audio no problem! But yep, flipping the switch on the left side of my iPhone (11 pro max) I immediately have sound in these Tesla videos! What gives?!?
It’s Tesla replacing yet another physical switch with AI that doesn’t work.

That sucks. :mad: Maybe this might be bank-dependent in some way (because each bank has a different Web-based authentication system)? Or maybe it's a bad user interface. I've never seen a Web- or app-based payment system before that didn't make you confirm your payment, especially for such ridiculous sums of money.

Bruce.
He was setting up Plaid. I was setting up ACH. If an account exists (other than credit card) and you hit pay, it with use it with no confirmation.

• Informative
Reactions: bmah

Just the app developers being lazy... I think you have to do some extra programming to make your app's sound separate from the system sound control. I am not a programmer so I don't know how much work that takes... could be just flipping a switch but I have no idea.

• Informative
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
Hey folks!

Picked up the 2021 VIN on Friday - 11/2021 build date. Either I’m not that picky or I got lucky - this car is near flawless. I scanned the entire car before accepting (following the checklist) and couldn’t find anything wrong with it. I’m very happy with the 2021. Since Friday, the family and I drove it down to Florida. So I’ve already put 1000 miles on it. There are a few minor things I’m going to have the SC look at, but overall I’m loving it.

Interesting during pickup, the sales rep would not let me into the car without accepting. I thought this was odd. I think the person may have been new. I said no way, they asked their manager who open it up right away. I was talking with the manager a bunch about quality and what not. He said that since these are new models off the line, they get inspected by their techs instead of the standard SA review. I do believe they did a thorough review of the car. I’m getting the feeling that Tesla quality is very dependent on how good the SC is…

Coming from a Model 3, this thing is a lot bigger. It feels like I’m driving a tank in the clouds - very comfortable ride. I do miss the sporty feel of the 3 though. Being 6’5”, this is the first car I have full field of vision out of the driver’s seat - love the cockpit. The yoke took a little bit to get used to - overall it’s not a big deal either way for me. I prefer the yoke, but I feel like the yolk is better suited for a sports car, not a SUV. For highway cruising, my hand rests perfectly on the bottom of the yolk, better than a steering wheel.

Items that need attention:
- Passenger FWD sticks out a hair - cosmetically it doesn’t bother me, but I get wind noise at high speeds (75+)
- tow kit was missing the wiring harness. SC is sending it to me.
- one of the trunk LEDs is out
- driver side tweeter speaker might be blown or not seated right. It buzzes/rings when playing music loudly.

View attachment 787012
Congrats! I have a P3 and an X Plaid and the X Plaid is as sporty as my P3 - turn everything to sport mode, lower the seats and you're there!!!

I just changed my seat configuration from 5 seats to 7 by emailing [email protected]. I will update the spreadsheet as soon as I find it again. I wanted to give a shout out to this group for the wealth of info. Without you I wouldn't have known Tesla would honor the original price.
My EDD still says July, same as it did with the 5 seat reservation. Come on 7 seats!
Did your pricing change to the higher prices for this change in configuration?

you might want to try to cover the entire right portion with your palm...easier than finding the button.
That functionality disappeared months ago. It worked on our Plaid S that we took delivery of in August 2021 but not on the long range S that we took delivery of in December 2021. The option to enable it is no longer in the firmware and there's no longer any mention of it in the manual. I think it was removed because of accidental presses (even though it could be disabled). Also, I believe Elon mentioned that cars built since November have a horn button in the center of the yoke so we're probably just waiting for a software update to enable it. Maybe they will retrofit 2021 cars built before November and make the small horn button a pedestrian horn.

That sucks. :mad: Maybe this might be bank-dependent in some way (because each bank has a different Web-based authentication system)? Or maybe it's a bad user interface. I've never seen a Web- or app-based payment system before that didn't make you confirm your payment, especially for such ridiculous sums of money.

Bruce.

We have purchased multiple Teslas but with the Model S that we took delivery of in December 2021, we ran into the same poor user interface in the app. Shortly before delivery, I went into the app to see if the price had been adjusted correctly for the pre-refresh discount. When I backed out and went back in, the pay option was no longer there as the app had marked the $54k payment as having been made. It never asked for account information and just used the same account that had been used for our most recent purchase. The thing is, that account did not have a sufficient balance but Tesla showed the payment as being complete. We tried making multiple calls but nobody was able to cancel it and allow us to enter the correct bank account. We went into the bank the following day and were able to move money from one account to the other to cover it. Fortunately, the bank had covered the deficit and didn't even charge any insufficient fund fee. It is amazing that they don't have any prompt confirming payment. I mean I get prompted in fast food apps even when the charge is less than a dollar!

So did we ever find out anything about the Tesmanian floor mats?

Latest ETA is still early May according to their website.

How much was the Model X plaid pre-price hike back a year ago?
I believe it went up by $10k right after the refresh was announced. It looks like prices have gone up nearly $35k since we placed our order in 2020. You can see a record of price changes here: Tesla Car Price History

Well, life is short and I am tired of waiting for the perfect Model X. Also, the issues look worse in the pictures than in person. This is my second X and the first was much worse. The inside is fantastic and the driving experience is great. I will report back after Tesla services these issues and let you know what they say is "in spec" and what they actually correct to my satisfaction.
Being a part of the "Tesla Family" is about the good, the bad AND the UGLY!
Congrats!!! Excellent look on life, given the state of the world we are in... Enjoy!

after Fremont told me my car was built yesterday and undergoing inspection, I got an email it was already en route to the SoCal SC; this could only mean 2 things right?

1) either the car was perfect and didn’t need much inspection (wishful thinking lol)
2) QA sucks and they sending it down to SoCal

thoughts?
I am hoping it is the first! Just curious - what number did you call to get this information?

Freeways is all it’s supposed to work on.
Sorry that my wording wasn't clear. I do only use it on freeways and it sucks there, where it is supposed to work.

In other news, my hat's off to any of you that use FSD. Holy crap it sucks. A friend picked me up in his MY with FSD to go to lunch. At one point we were stopped at a red light and it needed to turn right. There was a truck doing 50 mph (the speed limit - this is out in the country) approaching from the left and had the green light. The car did not see it and it pulled out in front of the truck. My friend jammed on the brake and the truck was able to avoid us. But damn we almost died. Seriously. You could not pay me to use that POS.

Did your pricing change to the higher prices for this change in configuration?

I can confirm that I changed my MXLR order (originally placed in August) to a six seater. The only change in pricing was the $6,500 upcharge for 6 seaters. Original pricing remained.

Also you can do this yourself without calling or emailing Tesla. The "edit-design" link still works, even though it is not available/visible on the order page.

Sorry that my wording wasn't clear. I do only use it on freeways and it sucks there, where it is supposed to work.

In other news, my hat's off to any of you that use FSD. Holy crap it sucks. A friend picked me up in his MY with FSD to go to lunch. At one point we were stopped at a red light and it needed to turn right. There was a truck doing 50 mph (the speed limit - this is out in the country) approaching from the left and had the green light. The car did not see it and it pulled out in front of the truck. My friend jammed on the brake and the truck was able to avoid us. But damn we almost died. Seriously. You could not pay me to use that POS.

lol, some people here love FSD so you might get some flak for your strong opinion. I personally do not care for it and refuse to pay in order to beta test. I've never had as bad an experience though.

lol, some people here love FSD so you might get some flak for your strong opinion. I personally do not care for it and refuse to pay in order to beta test. I've never had as bad an experience though.
I have been on this board for a long time and say what I think. I have thick skin :)

I used EAP a lot when I lived in the Bay Area (and on the rare occasion I am in traffic on the freeway I will use it here). It's great in traffic and the surface street speeds are much lower there. So if you live in a congested place, it could work fine as it has more time to detect and process what is happening (though it still drives like a 16-year old the day they got their license). Where I live, 50mph surface streets are common. The car literally did not see that truck coming. I think Tesla is going to need a lot more processing horsepower and better (and better positioned) cameras to ever do this safely. Until then it is a party trick.