Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
YES WE DID! JUST GOT HOME FROM AN ALL DAY EVENT... CAN'T TELL YOU HOW FANTASTIC THE CAR IS!

Went to the Irvine Delivery Center in Orange County, CA - Large staff working for the end of quarter push, including service department - all ready to take care of anything that might be wrong (especially glue spots or minor issues.) We arrived 11:00AM, departed about 1:00PM.

So here are my initial comments:

1 - All doors were perfectly aligned. Falcon doors work perfectly.
2- Only 1 little (1mm) bubble on the hood, near the edge. I am not sure what to do with that - but repainting the hood is not an option I will consider... )
3- The interior of this car is completely better / improved over the 2017 X model. Just way more luxurious, software is significantly more sophisticated. We both really liked the cream interior (picture attached), very soothing...
4- Yoke, turn signals and all of those worries are really a non-event. WE HAVE ALL BEEN OVER THINKING IT... It is just a matter of adapting to it. After an hour of driving the car, did not feel odd, and your left thumb learns to apply the turn signals, auto cancelling works pretty well. The center pad has the very faint S shaped ridge visible. Horn only works from the right side button. I was delighted to see that my wife executed a 3 point turn and backed the car into one of the Tesla parking lot stalls - she did it perfectly and said the yoke was not a problem for her.
5- The X is significantly more luxurious / comfortable as compared to my 2022 Model Y. The Y is just more basic all around. I can see the reasons for the price difference.
6- Software version is 2022.3.102, has noise cancellation (says it is calibrating.)

That's it for now... Overall, delivery process was pretty flawless for me (from Vin assignment through Delivery today.)
Congrats! Did you see a good amount of other Refreshed X’s there?

Today, I strongly feel like to contact to Jorge almighty to change from 7 to 5/6 seat. Patience are running out.
Understand your frustration. 5 seat order from April here. My EDD still says July 2022 as many others. Our wait is not with out some anxiety and inconvenience but i feel that the builds are improving and recognize that there are others who ordered before us who are still waiting. Wonder if the July EDD is because they will be doing a retool that will take time or if Tesla has finally seen that it might be better to under promise and over deliver.

Hey guys so some good news and bad from the last time I posted..... I ended up getting a VIN a day later and was supposed to pick up my car yesterday but on the way to the tesla delivery center I was told that the Vehicle came with a possible "defected power inverter" and it's for a few of the model X vehicles that were produced around the same time as mine and they pushed my delivery date until next week... Now I want to ask the community has anyone heard of such an issue and if just the inverter is there a possibility I would be able to get the vehicle before the new set delivery date? I was so stoked on picking up the car all my excitement just went down the drain for the car 😔

Hey guys so some good news and bad from the last time I posted..... I ended up getting a VIN a day later and was supposed to pick up my car yesterday but on the way to the tesla delivery center I was told that the Vehicle came with a possible "defected power inverter" and it's for a few of the model X vehicles that were produced around the same time as mine and they pushed my delivery date until next week... Now I want to ask the community has anyone heard of such an issue and if just the inverter is there a possibility I would be able to get the vehicle before the new set delivery date? I was so stoked on picking up the car all my excitement just went down the drain for the car 😔
I had that happen a year ago with my Model 3. They had the car 10 days while waiting on the part. It will all depend on part availability. I’ve read of at least a couple of new refreshed MX with this issue. Good luck! Hope you get the car soon.

YES WE DID! JUST GOT HOME FROM AN ALL DAY EVENT... CAN'T TELL YOU HOW FANTASTIC THE CAR IS!

Went to the Irvine Delivery Center in Orange County, CA - Large staff working for the end of quarter push, including service department - all ready to take care of anything that might be wrong (especially glue spots or minor issues.) We arrived 11:00AM, departed about 1:00PM.

So here are my initial comments:

1 - All doors were perfectly aligned. Falcon doors work perfectly.
2- Only 1 little (1mm) bubble on the hood, near the edge. I am not sure what to do with that - but repainting the hood is not an option I will consider... )
3- The interior of this car is completely better / improved over the 2017 X model. Just way more luxurious, software is significantly more sophisticated. We both really liked the cream interior (picture attached), very soothing...
4- Yoke, turn signals and all of those worries are really a non-event. WE HAVE ALL BEEN OVER THINKING IT... It is just a matter of adapting to it. After an hour of driving the car, did not feel odd, and your left thumb learns to apply the turn signals, auto cancelling works pretty well. The center pad has the very faint S shaped ridge visible. Horn only works from the right side button. I was delighted to see that my wife executed a 3 point turn and backed the car into one of the Tesla parking lot stalls - she did it perfectly and said the yoke was not a problem for her.
5- The X is significantly more luxurious / comfortable as compared to my 2022 Model Y. The Y is just more basic all around. I can see the reasons for the price difference.
6- Software version is 2022.3.102, has noise cancellation (says it is calibrating.)

That's it for now... Overall, delivery process was pretty flawless for me (from Vin assignment through Delivery today.)
Love it. And so glad you also had minor issues. Looks like their QC process is improving.

Just sat through a Tesla pre-delivery conference call with the Massachusetts and Rhode Island delivery staff and about 15 customer. It was cool that they offered it, they provided info about what you need to have with on the delivery day, how you can or can’t pay. They told us we need to get the car inspected within 7 days in Massachusetts. I did not know that. In Rhode Island you need to bring a check for the DMV…. Just kind of dotting the i’s and crossing the t’s. They then let us ask any questions we had. They made it clear that we will have full access to the car before accepting delivery to inspect it.

Good Job Tesla.

Credit where credit is due.
Complete opposite over here lol... I was told come pick up the car.... when I arrive they wanted nothing to do with customers... It was like make your payment, get your car, fill out the paperwork and drop it off in a little bin outside the SC and get the F out.

A milestone today! 201 deliveries this morning and 32% delivered. We have come a long way since last October :)

1648643330940.png

The only scary thing... only 6 new VINs in the past 6 days. (previously averaging between 20 and 26 per week) I know there was a good EOQ push but I hope they don't lose momentum!

Still waiting.... 5/3/2021 order date (MX LR, Black, Black, 6 seats, non-FSD). Really getting antsy now! My 3 kids are growing out of the Model 3 and are probably more impatient than I at this point.
Hopefully not much longer. I ordered 4/14/2021, MXLR/black/cream/5 seat/FSD/20 and my EDD has said “July 2022” for a very long time. Unless they slow down production after the Q1 EOQ push, I’m thinking April to May for delivery; however, if they slow down we may have to wait until the Q2 EOQ push at the end of June. I think it’s just speculation at this point.

Hopefully not much longer. I ordered 4/14/2021, MXLR/black/cream/5 seat/FSD/20 and my EDD has said “July 2022” for a very long time. Unless they slow down production after the Q1 EOQ push, I’m thinking April to May for delivery; however, if they slow down we may have to wait until the Q2 EOQ push at the end of June. I think it’s just speculation at this point.
Similar to me. I have a MXLR/blue/cream/5 seat/22 ordered on 3/8/2021 and my EDD still shows July. Seeing all of the 5 seaters being delivered is encouraging, but frustrating, especially for those orders placed after mine. Hopefully, as you point out, it will be sooner than July. I truly hope it's not in an EOQ push in June!

Today, I strongly feel like to contact to Jorge almighty to change from 7 to 5/6 seat. Patience are running out.
FWIW, I switched from a 5 seat order to a 6 (through Jorge), but it did not change timeline at all. I ordered in June of 2021 and my EDD was July 2022 and it still is after the change. We weren't looking to speed it up, though, just to get what better fits us (the family has gone through some changes in size since ordering!) without the huge increase in price.

Reactions: neo1738
I'm excited to see when the first deliveries to Europe will begin. My order is from January 29, '21, since then - apart from a short standard message - silence in the forest.

Current: MXP 100, 9/16, 90 kWh to 100 kWh Battery - upgrade in 2018, FSD
Current order date: 1/29/21 (PLAID) | 5 seat | Silver | Cream Int. | 20" Wheels | FSD |
I feel for ya... I guess that one nice thing I take for granted is that they are made state side and don't have to wait as long as others.

Similar to me. I have a MXLR/blue/cream/5 seat/22 ordered on 3/8/2021 and my EDD still shows July. Seeing all of the 5 seaters being delivered is encouraging, but frustrating, especially for those orders placed after mine. Hopefully, as you point out, it will be sooner than July. I truly hope it's not in an EOQ push in June!
My order moved by couple of days.

EDD now shows March 31 to April 18.

MX-LR
5 Seater/ Ordered 04-19-2021
Order # RN11482XXXX
White/beige
20 inch wheels
No FSD

I am really happy for all the 'ole timers here getting into their MX's. But, I am feeling serious FOMO. While I was a pre-refresh order, I have had an unusual route: Original order pre-refresh -> expressed frustration to SA -> SA cancelled my order -> surprise to me -> had to re-order six months later -> SA no longer with Tesla. So, as far as Tesla is concerned, I am a late May order.

I have had several date ranges, but now have "July". Maybe Moe and Larry look at each other each time a MX is pumped out and say to each other: "No, man. For this particular customer, we gotta get it perfect. Better yet, let's delay a bit and get him these newfangled matrix headlights..."

Or, Tesla is just punishing me. Pretty sure its the latter.

Rant over. For now.