Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last edited:
Hi
I live in a rental and the owner had a spare 50 Amp/240volt breaker in the panel box. I paid for the 6 gauge ROMEX and the NEMA receptacle. He wanted to install it - I could have. He also installed a nice cable holder. So, I have a perfectly functional 240 volt charging station in the garage. When I leave he'll use it to market the rental. Use it a lot - sometimes every day. It'll charge my 2018 XLR 100d at about 6% per hour. I'm happy. Will also leave everything here when I pick up the new beast. Not sure what Musk is talking about. Younger son just bought a Volvo eCar - it came with the 240 volt cable and plug. I installed the system for him. Works for him...

Bob

Reactions: strider
Wow how incredibly cheap of them.
Im excited for all new Tesla owners to come to me to complain their new car doesn't even come with a charger.
Wow how incredibly cheap of them.
I thought Tesla wanted to accelerate the transition to renewables, but instead they just created a new barrier for entry to millions of people.

Electrek.co: Tesla goes full Apple and stops delivering cars with included charging hardware, now sold separately.

Does the verbiage confirm this for new orders versus new deliveries? Would like if any new upcoming delivery VINners could confirm for us.
Truly would be a shame if after waiting for over a year, they start charging us for what was previously offered as standard !

Electrek.co: Tesla goes full Apple and stops delivering cars with included charging hardware, now sold separately.

Extremely angry at this, which shows absolutely no concern on Tesla’s part with the customer, whether spending 60K or 160K.I can rant on but the basics are that Tesla doesn’t care, the decision makers at Tesla don’t ever talk to real people throughout the US, not just east and west coast wealth, and if they think EV infrastructure is any good , I laugh ruefully. That o can even buy a CCS adapter on Tesla’s website is the ultimate insult. That a Manila charger cable isn’t include with the car, what the h-double toothpicks am I supposed to do when stranded in rural America?!

Honestly, this was probably inevitable and I’m not surprised. As much as this will anger current Tesla owners it will not result in a drop in vehicle sales, and the people who don’t populate Tesla groups like this one will just shrug their shoulders and shell out $400 (or whatever the cost) for the charger cable kit when they buy the car (if they need it). Tesla will likely just add various charging options as check box upgrades when you place the initial order for the car so purchasers can select what best suits their needs.