Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Order placed a month ago and delivered?!?!
I'm not sure what to believe because looking at conversation history, at first they said they ordered in Feb. Then "at the beginning of March". And then "on the day the prices increased", which is apparently March 15, but still trying to confirm that. Their story is changing a lot.

It could be possible though. Blue\Cream is probably not a common color, so if someone rejected it or couldn't take delivery they might have just found whoever a recent order was to sell to them instead.

I'm not sure what to believe because looking at conversation history, at first they said they ordered in Feb. Then "at the beginning of March". And then "on the day the prices increased", which is apparently March 15, but still trying to confirm that. Their story is changing a lot.

It could be possible though. Blue\Cream is probably not a common color, so if someone rejected it or couldn't take delivery they might have just found whoever a recent order was to sell to them instead.
Sometimes you just don't know exactly when this is until you take a look at the "welcome you just bought a Tesla" email date sent.

Ok my 5 seater brethren... It's been a long night of editing....
I just posted a new video to my North East Tesla YouTube Channel. We take a look at the interior of my Refreshed Tesla Model X Long Range 5 seater. There are images and video of the interior as well as some of the trunk measurements people have been asking for.
If you like the video please hit the like button, subscribe to the channel and leave a TMC shoutout on the comments! More Videos to come.

You can see it here :

Great help in the measurements BUT you skipped the interior measurements on the frunk. Please update or provide via this medium the interior dimensions of the frunk. I want to be assured by a neutral party that my golf clubs will fit! Thanks in advance(the sales contact told me the dimensions were exactly the same but I have already seen views of the front cutout being replaced by a tow hook storage piece. )

I apologize that I’ve been so busy lately. But yes, I get updates within a few days after they release nowadays. Except for FSD but I’ve given up on getting an invite to that even though I’m still sitting at a 99 score.
@Stro I'd hang up the skates on the FSD safety score if I were you. Driving like grandma is not a satisfying experience as we know and in fact, is quite the contrary. Forget grandma, and start driving your starship again like you just stole it. Tesla just added 30k plus Canadians to Beta, and I don't believe they'll add more Beta users until they allowed wide release to everyone. Elon time says this year, so we all know what that means.

Plaid S owners got their cars and re-entered Safety score in time to get back into Beta end of last year. X refresh owner deliveries in volume didn't come soon enough for Beta wave entry.

I've resigned to the fact that when my Plaid arrives, I'll be pushed back like a roundhouse punch, back down into the dark depths of plebian grade NOA, until wide FSD release whenever it comes. OmfG all the waiting! I've preemptively crawled in the corner and bawled like a baby, but it is what it is. Starting with a Beta-less delivery day, I'll be launching with a teary eyed hearty yell on those clown fools, til the cows come home.

Ok here is my dilemma, I had a plaid and let go of the vin and then switched to a Long range. $30k difference between the two. I’m keeping it for a year or so and then planning on selling. Which model will have a better resell value later on? I have the resources for the plaid but why not save $30k or so. What are some of your thoughts?

Ok here is my dilemma, I had a plaid and let go of the vin and then switched to a Long range. $30k difference between the two. I’m keeping it for a year or so and then planning on selling. Which model will have a better resell value later on? I have the resources for the plaid but why not save $30k or so. What are some of your thoughts?
Personally, I would have a hard time basing the decision on the value of the car a year from now, which is really hard to predict. I get the one you want. Why are you only keeping it for a year?

It's a big fat YES

So is this actually true. My real world driving hasn’t shown a wh/m difference between modes. Obviously drag strip is different since it heats the battery.

I didn’t think Plaid mode heated the battery during normal driving. Could easily be wrong.

To me the wh/m difference is how you drive in each mode. Certainly if you are aggressively testing out Plaid mode the wh/m will increase drastically.

I’ll do some experimentation on my trip to Nashville next weekend to see if Mode impacts highway efficiency.

• Helpful
Reactions: strider and Epradox
spotted .. 😃
IMG_3429.jpeg

So is this actually true. My real world driving hasn’t shown a wh/m difference between modes. Obviously drag strip is different since it heats the battery.

I didn’t think Plaid mode heated the battery during normal driving. Could easily be wrong.

To me the wh/m difference is how you drive in each mode. Certainly if you are aggressively testing out Plaid mode the wh/m will increase drastically.

I’ll do some experimentation on my trip to Nashville next weekend to see if Mode impacts highway efficiency.
Of course your driving habit is a factor of efficiency. If you keep the same habit when driving in different mode, it will result in different wh/mi numbers.
I think Tesla would conditioning itself to the best no matter the modes with only time varies.