Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well this was totally unexpected.
I ordered my Model X on 3/15/21
I daily drive my tesla, as will I my model X, but I keep a work truck around too for heavy hauling.
On 11/18/21 I ordered a Ford F-350 dually, I went with the highest trim and all the features fully expecting it would be next year before I actually get it. This morning it was scheduled for production. I never expected it would come before the Tesla.
They say I should have it by the first week of July.
The race is on! Lol

Is there a common thread among the Jan/Feb 2021 order dates who have not yet received a VIN?
It would appear that orders before the launch date of 1/27/21 are Tesla's lowest priority. Because these orders receive an additional $2,000 discount, Tesla only rarely delivers one of these. Shocking that Tesla would punish its most enthusiastic customers who ordered the earliest over a measly $2,000. Unfortunately, it seems to be what Tesla is doing. Destroying customer brand loyalty for two grand is a huge financial mistake for Tesla IMHO. I know I will remember this, and I think others will too.

Great review. Question about #10. If you drop something into the crevice of no return in the console, which you said you did, how did you retrieve it? Because that is exactly something I will do.
No way I can see without dismantling the console base. Best advice I can give is don't do it. No cards of any kind laid on the console towards the front when it's closed.

It would appear that orders before the launch date of 1/27/21 are Tesla's lowest priority. Because these orders receive an additional $2,000 discount, Tesla only rarely delivers one of these. Shocking that Tesla would punish its most enthusiastic customers who ordered the earliest over a measly $2,000. Unfortunately, it seems to be what Tesla is doing. Destroying customer brand loyalty for two grand is a huge financial mistake for Tesla IMHO. I know I will remember this, and I think others will too.
I’m not sure why but it feels like they completely stopped making 6 seat variant for a while (at least for USA) and have been focusing on 5 seaters and Canada. Hope they switch back to 6 seaters asap for all of you folks!

Which one are you referring to?
Which one are you referring to?

this was the Matrix on a Y. The other was also shown but I only grabbed the matrix.
IMG_3776.png

I have the same configuration as you, different paint color, also in OC. You ordered five months before I did, so maybe I’ll finally get my VIN five months from now 🤷🏼‍♂️
I heard from my Fremont Tesla source today that my X is on the truck and on the way down today as he woke up my car and saw it was in Milpitas, which is just south of Fremont. They are planning for Irvine arrival on 5/19, but clearly, it will be here sooner. My guess is no later than end of day tomorrow. I’m schedule for delivery at 11am on 5/26, so I know it will be sooner than that.

I heard from my Fremont Tesla source today that my X is on the truck and on the way down today as he woke up my car and saw it was in Milpitas, which is just south of Fremont. They are planning for Irvine arrival on 5/19, but clearly, it will be here sooner. My guess is no later than end of day tomorrow. I’m schedule for delivery at 11am on 5/26, so I know it will be sooner than that.
I was told mine was still “up there somewhere”. Waking it up is a good tip. i’m scheduled for this Sunday del’y but can hardly contain myself to find out more detail.

Reactions: RJS101
So, there are people who got promised 2021 delivery by paying more for the 6-seats upgrade even when they preferred 5-seats. They reluctantly paid more to get "not what they preferred" in the the trust that they can get the car earlier, but now the 5-seaters are being delivered?

These folks got triple screwed, no?

- Pay more
- Not preferred config
- They might get earlier delivery if they stayed with 5 seats