Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So if history repeats itself, after the last major EDD delay to July 2022, Tesla continued to deliver cars and we will continue to see deliveries through this year, especially a ramp up in June. I write this and part of me thinks I’m delusional for hoping I may still get my delivery this summer, but I also grew up a Cubs fan so I have been delusional for most of my life.
So us taking delivery this summer is the Cubs' version of winning the World Series? A once in a generation miracle?

If it was a selectable feature, how much would you pay for it? Just curious.
I feel as though if I had never experienced the feature, I don’t think I would feel the need for it. So maybe around $250-500? It’s just a convenience feature and if there is a way to manually move the screen to permanently be set to the driver, I would just go for that instead of opting to pay Tesla for the swivel.

Reactions: mix261
I feel as though if I had never experienced the feature, I don’t think I would feel the need for it. So maybe around $250-500? It’s just a convenience feature and if there is a way to manually move the screen to permanently be set to the driver, I would just go for that instead of opting to pay Tesla for the swivel.
Got it. Regardless, it seems quite absurd that there hasn't been any announcement about a retrofit program yet. Even if it's a paid one... though IMO it should be free, especially given that it was advertised when I put my order in, and pretty much convinced my car won't have it (based on all of the VIN anecdotes shared here).

The wait has been one thing (I can wait!), but all of the other nonsense surrounding delivery has genuinely turned me off to the whole brand in general.

Have any Plaids been bumped, or did they just push back all of the LR?

It sounds like they have no plans to make the LR when people are willing to pay another $20-30k for one more motor.
Does anyone recall what a Plaid cost back in April 2021? I am seriously considering asking Jorge to change my LR to a Plaid. The 15 extra miles in the LR be damned.

Gut punch this morning, hopefully just something in transition. July 2021 order, been July 2022 EDD for a while like most others. Now see: "Estimated delivery: Dec 2022 - Apr 2023". Ouch. Guess I can stop planning my vacation travel around a possible delivery this summer. :(
Total gut punch. Same thing happened here but for a May 2021 order. White/Black/LR/7 seat/20”
Sadly, I’ve updated the spreadsheet.