Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well the thing is, everybody’s like “oh Tesla is so established and huge now.” (And therefore expectations follow)

But the reality is, Tesla is a BLIP. And Tesla realizes this. They are STILL IN an absolute SCRAMBLE growth phase and will be for a long time. Recall Elon’s presentation where he showed total global car sales versus EV sales. A TINY percentage.

Make no mistake: If Tesla as a company were to stall or begin to falter, let alone crumble, traditional auto mfrs would LOVE to backtrack casually on their electrification plans and future generations would be told “the electric car push wasn’t maintainable”

Tesla must accelerate its growth (quite possibly accelerate its acceleration). So while I think that yes improving the Model X delivery schedule is a good goal, it’s a smaller concern than company growth (and by growth I literally mean survival).

As far as I can see, the only significant transferable benefit re: improving Model X delivery logistics would be that working through this challenge could, I trust, be beneficial for delivery logistics planning of higher volume models.
And it's working in California. A long way to go, but dayum. From Inside EV's:

"Now, both Teslas are above 21,000 units, while the next most popular model, the Toyota RAV4, is under 16,000 (including some plug-in hybrids and hybrids). The Toyota Camry is fourth with over 12,000 units.

It's a huge milestone for electrification, which is expected to gradually continue its expansion.

The top models (above 9,000 registrations):

1. Tesla Model Y - 21,812
  2. Tesla Model 3 - 21,506
  3. Toyota RAV4 - 15,990
  4. Toyota Camry - 12,257
  5. Honda Civic - 11,057
  6. Ford F-Series - 10,279
  7. Toyota Tacoma - 9,616
  8. Chevrolet Silverado - 9,378
  9. Toyota Corolla - 9,318
  10. Ram Pickup - 9,137
  11. Honda Accord - 9,061

May 2021 order, 7 seater... was July and like others now Dec 2022 - April 2023. I reached out to my local sales center and they will not even take my phone call. I can only get an email response from a "Client Experience Manager" essentially saying they don't know anything and they will not talk to me. How is this acceptable customer service, especially from someone managing Client's Experience (whatever that really means)?

• Informative
Reactions: Elixir and lexus26
Agreed. I think someone walks the warehouse and figures out what they have in stock (wheels, interior trim/seat colors, etc) to support the next day's production. Then they figure out to where they can get trucks/trains to deliver the cars. Only then do they look and match up orders to those cars.

The only thing Tesla cares about is delivering as many cars as they can. Everything else is secondary.
So the smart peeps have an insider who tells them what’s in stock
They order that
Voila

I finally got the scoop. They have run out of ideas to give the S/As to tell us about delays. As soon as they come up with more b/s to tell us, everyone's edd dates will go back to original. They are meeting now.
Original EDD would have been March/April 2021. Are they planning on a time warp or is Tesla just warped?

Here are the posibilities:
a. Telsa is planning to not honor 7 seat order. (Cancel all 7 seat order).
b. Tesla will provide option to switch to other seat configuration or cancel the order.
c. 7 Seater delivery will be extremely delayed. July EDD will change again by mid May.
d. Tesla will start delivering 7 seater soon, but not anytime soon.
e. A & B
f. None of the above.
C. Was I right or was I right?

Reactions: Beacher#8