Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I emailed Jorge and changed my order LR to a Plaid. The EDD changed from December 2022 - April 2023 to July. I was hesitant about losing the 15 miles in range but realized that’s roughly just a gallon of gas in mileage. In all my previous purchases of ICE cars, I’ve never taken into consideration whether a car had a 24 gallon gas tank versus a 23 gallon gas tank.
When switching from LR to Plaid (for most people) the $30K price tag is the deterrent, not the loss of 15 miles of range

I sent the request to this email address. I ordered on 4-14-2021. I completed my profile within a week of order date (all purchaser data, DL, insurance, payment, trade in, etc.) and today when I asked for my profile completion date I was told it was today, the day I asked. This does not sound right.
Don't want to make a fuss about it but profile completion can delay delivery is totally BS. If Tesla has my deposit and I receive the confirmation order email with MVOP attachment then it is considered ordering completed. Anything other info is missing should be following up by Tesla sitting around doing nothing SA to make sure it is completed before the car delivery.

Reactions: 1pinhigh and Edtreo
Few pages back, one of the post mentioned about profile completion date which raised my curiosity since I ordered MX and received MVOP on 4/30/21. Emailed Tesla asking about my profile completion date and the sky collapsed when they told me it was 10/12/21 .... almost 6 months later and here is Tesla latest email ----------
Thank you for clarifying. Delivery timelines are not guaranteed and can change due to a variety of factors. One factor is profile completion (10/12/2021 in your case). Due to supply chain delays, etc., we have been seeing general shifts in estimated delivery windows. We do not have specific insight into the factory queue, so the date range presented in your account will be your best guideline until a VIN is assigned.--------
I GUESS I SHOULD BE HAPPY WITH THE NEW EDD RANGE DEC. 2022 - APR 2023 🙃
Yeah starting to think this is key. I did what folks here recommended immediately after ordering and set mine to “cash in full” and did any other steps so it was immediately “profile complete”. Would be really interesting if we were tracking this date in the spreadsheet and could figure out if it’s strongly correlated.

More data would be the only well to tell if it’s b.s.

Last edited:
Reactions: Edtreo
I sent the request to this email address. I ordered on 4-14-2021. I completed my profile within a week of order date (all purchaser data, DL, insurance, payment, trade in, etc.) and today when I asked for my profile completion date I was told it was today, the day I asked. This does not sound right.
The trade-in could be part of the problem. Last year we had to keep updating our trade-in info (the mileage) and then would get an updated quote, good for about a month. This repeated chore was becoming quite a pain with the super long delay. DH read someone post on this forum that they were convinced that every time they were queried to update their trade-in info (which had been marked incomplete again while waiting to be updated), they were moved farther back in the queue. We eventually switched to no trade-in. And as many here have noted you can still choose to do a trade-in once you are assigned a VIN. That’s probably the best time to do that work and get a current quote anyway.

Last edited:
I just got pushed to December 2022-April 2023 after having a late May/early June delivery date just a week ago. I order first week of May 2021
Nearly all LR orders got that push unless they already had a vin. Don’t look into it too much. People are still getting vins and getting back to normal range dates. I also ordered in May 2021

Texted a SA about why order was still TBD, got this message.

Our apologies for the delayed response. Unfortunately we are waiting for an update on your profile to reflect a better estimate as well instead of what it says now. If it still shows the same estimation in about a week, give us a call and we'll do our best to see what is up. Have a great evening!

• Informative
My preference for an EV manufacturer is based on it's technological advantages.
My feelings towards their business practice is another thing.
I'm not sure why the need to conflate those 2 together.
BTW, I did no complaining or bitching and I still have nothing IN front of my house.
What business practices have you so up in arms?
You just dated yourself.
Nah. Actually I go a lot further back than that.

I ordered mine one year before you and still don’t have it. Way to rub it in! Seems like a lot of us are now bumped to Dec 22-April 23. Good thing I just got my Model Y. Any possibility there is some amount of Model X re-tooling going on to account for the delay? This is the most absurd thing I’ve ever experienced from a company.
Thanks to daddy's genes, I suffer from sleep apnea. Last July, my CPap machine went kablooie. Three months fooling around with doctors to get an appointment. Then a six month wait for the machine to arrive. Miserable 9 months for me. This is getting to be the norm with a lot of products.

Reactions: gglockner
I emailed Jorge and changed my order LR to a Plaid. The EDD changed from December 2022 - April 2023 to July. I was hesitant about losing the 15 miles in range but realized that’s roughly just a gallon of gas in mileage. In all my previous purchases of ICE cars, I’ve never taken into consideration whether a car had a 24 gallon gas tank versus a 23 gallon gas tank.
With all due respect, I’m curious, if the only difference between the Long Range and Plaid is a 3dr motor so you go faster why do it?
I have the Long Range, I find it crazy fast. I mean if there was a manor upgrade like the sound system, the seats came with massage, a auto spoiler ect.. ect… I mean, it is literally the same car inside and out aside from the 3rd motor.

i'm guessing this is either your first tesla or you're in the FSD beta with a score of 100%. i don't know anyone that drives their tesla and get the advertised EPA range. you would have to be driving in heavy traffic w/ HVAC off with bluetooth and radio off. these cars are too fun to drive to worry about getting the EPA range/efficiency. ;)

• Informative
Reactions: jbrowdy and Edtreo
I did the same exact thing today. Mine also changed to July!
Hopefully we get good news sooner now. being we are just handing them $30k more lol.

• Informative
With all due respect, I’m curious, if the only difference between the Long Range and Plaid is a 3dr motor so you go faster why do it?
I have the Long Range, I find it crazy fast. I mean if there was a manor upgrade like the sound system, the seats came with massage, a auto spoiler ect.. ect… I mean, it is literally the same car inside and out aside from the 3rd motor.
I appreciate your question. The primary reason to change from LR to Plaid is so that we can (hopefully) get our car by this summer. I have been following this thread since April 2021 when we placed our order and I am just not very optimistic we would get our LR until the 4th quarter. There are obvious reasons for the many delays and I don’t see any company overcoming these challenges for several years. And we had planned several long trips for this summer with the expectation that we would have received our car by now.

• Informative