Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Few pages back, one of the post mentioned about profile completion date which raised my curiosity since I ordered MX and received MVOP on 4/30/21. Emailed Tesla asking about my profile completion date and the sky collapsed when they told me it was 10/12/21 .... almost 6 months later and here is Tesla latest email ----------
Thank you for clarifying. Delivery timelines are not guaranteed and can change due to a variety of factors. One factor is profile completion (10/12/2021 in your case). Due to supply chain delays, etc., we have been seeing general shifts in estimated delivery windows. We do not have specific insight into the factory queue, so the date range presented in your account will be your best guideline until a VIN is assigned.--------
I GUESS I SHOULD BE HAPPY WITH THE NEW EDD RANGE DEC. 2022 - APR 2023 🙃
I tried to get them to respond with my profile completion date and they would never tell me what it was.

Few pages back, one of the post mentioned about profile completion date which raised my curiosity since I ordered MX and received MVOP on 4/30/21. Emailed Tesla asking about my profile completion date and the sky collapsed when they told me it was 10/12/21 .... almost 6 months later and here is Tesla latest email ----------
Thank you for clarifying. Delivery timelines are not guaranteed and can change due to a variety of factors. One factor is profile completion (10/12/2021 in your case). Due to supply chain delays, etc., we have been seeing general shifts in estimated delivery windows. We do not have specific insight into the factory queue, so the date range presented in your account will be your best guideline until a VIN is assigned.--------
I GUESS I SHOULD BE HAPPY WITH THE NEW EDD RANGE DEC. 2022 - APR 2023 🙃
Yeah, that was me that posted about that - it's total bs, but I guess now that you've shared yours, I should be thankful my profile completion date was only 1.5 months after my order date 😳 Good luck to you though, hopefully it still gets pulled in from the new range.

Reactions: JBTMX
We had a trade-in for the first many months that we had to keep updating every month or two. We wouldn’t always be notified and had to check. We finally got tired of the process and took it off - set to no trade-in. Looking back I’m wondering whether it was interfering with our profile completion date each time. Otherwise we had completed everything within a day or two of initial order.

Last edited:
Reactions: Edtreo
With all this talk about profile completion and financial status, I had Tesla finance my X reservation when I had my credit locked (as a security precaution against fraud). I was approved for almost nothing at a huge interest rate. Then I moved it to cash after that because I did not want to do another credit pull and frankly I could get a better rate through DCU. I wonder if that put me back of the line? Would my SA even know what I am on about?

Lol, I ordered Feb 18 2021 and just got the switch to Dec-April. My friends are rrrrrroasting me and I can't blame them. 🤣 Ordering a Tesla really looks like the dumbest move imaginable at this point. Guess I'll just hold onto this Model 3 for a while longer, at least it... exists.
Yeah, at this point I’m feeling like the guy with the imaginary girlfriend. “I’m telling you guys, she’s smart AND beautiful, makes my heart skip a beat just thinking about her. I’ve never met a girl like her. You’ll all meet her soon…” 😂

I emailed Jorge and changed my order LR to a Plaid. The EDD changed from December 2022 - April 2023 to July. I was hesitant about losing the 15 miles in range but realized that’s roughly just a gallon of gas in mileage. In all my previous purchases of ICE cars, I’ve never taken into consideration whether a car had a 24 gallon gas tank versus a 23 gallon gas tank.