Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With two Tesla orders (2019 Cybertruck order, July 2021 Model X order) and now also a Rivian order as of a few days ago, and no reliable estimated delivery date on any of it I feel like I’m going door to door at electric car companies doing this and getting the door slammed in my face
1B6C546A-92A3-41CF-A05C-A85BA20695DB.jpeg

Same here mine was october 12-dec 1 and now back to the dec-april edd , 7 seat lr black/black 22 fsd order date april 2021
For those still waiting, hang in there the wait is worth it. If you focus on the delivery problems you might get discouraged, cancel and bolt to another car. I am enjoying my Plaid and am extremely pleased with the quantum increase in quality, performance and usability when compared to my 2016 Founder’s edition. The ONLY problem is that I think they redefined the “tight” parameters in (dumb) Summon. Unlike the 2016, the Plaid stops when trying to go into/out of the garage under Summon. I have an open work order with my local Service Center and they are “working on it with engineering” to find a solution.
If any one is near Northridge (Los Angeles) and is willing to spend “under an hour” to have the dimensions of their 6 seater laser measured, Lloyd Mats is looking for you. I had a set of their floor mats in my “16 and they held up great for over 6 years. Lloyds only has the front mats for the 2022 available and the 5 seater because they don’t have the measurements yet for 6/7. Thanks for your consideration, I plan to get the rest of the set once they measure😇.
I’m joining the delayed more times than you can keep track of club! Similar to a lot of you- I was a July 2022 EDD. Then moved to Dec. 2022- Apr. 2023. Then moved to Oct. 5-Dec. 14. Now just checked this morning, and moved back to Dec. 2022- Apr. 2023. Thanks to all of you that post with similar dates getting changed to earlier estimations and ultimately getting delivered. It‘s our only glimmer of hope! Everybody has a breaking point!

Clearly they are deprioritizing the Model X in favor of the mass production cars of 3 & Y! I get it. I’m a Tesla shareholder and I understand if they can produce more 3’s and Y’s that may look better on paper with the projections of 1.5 million cars delivered in 2022. The X & S are only a small percentage of the total. Ultimately, the way you treat your customers does have an impact overall! Again, thanks to you in the forum that post your new dates and deliveries! It is preventing me from hitting my breaking point!

Tesla Model X LR 5 seat no FSD Black/black 20” order date July 2021.

With two Tesla orders (2019 Cybertruck order, July 2021 Model X order) and now also a Rivian order as of a few days ago, and no reliable estimated delivery date on any of it I feel like I’m going door to door at electric car companies doing this and getting the door slammed in my face
1B6C546A-92A3-41CF-A05C-A85BA20695DB.jpeg
Rivian is alright. Not for me but like, basically it’s a good thing, advancing EVs … maybe (if it continues to deliver for years to come).

I can’t order Rivian personally because
1) I don’t believe in the company like I do Tesla
2) I question their drive and long term success potential
3) although they have an idea for a supercharger network, it’s CCS or whatever garbage… not Tesla supercharger system with its continually increasing perfection.

If Rivian really knocks themselves out and grows their own supercharger network like Tesla has done (but they’ve basically said, AFAIK, they are only doing national parks etc) then i guess I would consider…

..but I truly love Tesla/the mission/and have deep regard for Elon, and nobody is working as diligently and as fully committed to first principles as Tesla…

Yeah… no Rivian for me. I do love the obvious better Utility of their their sUv though (please Tesla!!!).

No vin yet but EDD changes from June 15- July 20 to May 30 to June 3. My details are in the signature. Massachusetts

Edit: Can’t believe I have a Vin!!

Your Model X​

RN115130***

VIN 7SAXCDE59NF33***

View Design Details

Estimated Delivery: May 30 - June 03​

Can some one educated me on what this VIN means in terms of when the car was made?

Last edited:
I accepted delivery last night! It was the most rewarding feeling after working on the spreadsheet for so long to mark my name as Delivered :)

I will need to spend a day with it before I can give some more tangible information.. but I wanted to give a quick rundown. Ill post again this weekend.

First off, @icebear1987 I unfortunately did not see your car in the lot.
The Mt. Kisco location has a small physical lot for a high throughput of cars. What I did find interesting was when I found out that my car actually arrived in a railyard in NJ a week ago on 5/18. It sat there for a week before they brought it over to the SC for delivery.

• While doing my inspection, under the drivers seat I found these papers...
    View attachment 808929Headliner being the interior wood trim pieces? I am not sure. Everything looked okay though!
  • Delivered with 16 miles on it! Not bad.
    View attachment 808931
  • Maybe it is just where I have my drivers seat located.. but I found the audio to be very heavily weighted towards the front. I needed to balance it back a little bit for a more full sound.
    View attachment 808932
  • I had a few issues at delivery:
    • Paint chip on the front corners of the hood
      • SC brought out a paint fix kit and detailed it right at delivery! After it dried I couldn't tell.
    • Bottom bumper is slightly off white. I am requesting a replacement bumper. More obvious in person and in sunlight.
      View attachment 808933
    • All 4 headrests had weird sticker residue on it. I can't remove it with water.. going to have them address.
      View attachment 808934
    • Passenger seat crease/wrinkles. I am requesting they replace or reupholster.
      View attachment 808935
Other than that all is well! :)
Headrest — what the *sugar* !
Bumper color mismatch & Wrinkle -similar
But glad overall all’s well! Cheers!

Reactions: studioloft
It sounds like just about everyone (including me) without a VIN (or a Plaid?) got moved back to the placeholder of Dec 2022 to April 2023. Relax. This too shall pass. A more realistic EDD shall return.
Agreed. The abrupt change to Dec-Jan a week or or so ago only lasted a couple days before the narrower range appeared. I expect to see it come back again.

Reactions: Driver 8
EDD changed here again as well 🥹 In other news, checked out about 7 refresh MX at my local SC, a few LR(one 7 seater) and mostly Plaid. Two of them had something seriously wrong with the weather stripping/seals on the rear part of the top of the FWD, it wasnt hitting the bar between the trunk and door. The doors looked aligned though, so almlst looks like the top glass was put in wrong. The lthers had nothing glaring, just one plaid with a small rock chip/knick in the black window trim
Would you say the build quality is better than your 2018?

• Helpful
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
Some insight after speaking to a manager today, this will relate to many but definitely not to all.

at least lately, Vin is assigned before car is finishing manufacturing.
This can explain why back in march people got vins but rescheduled delivery because some parts were missing from inventory after the car was mostly built.

I got my Vin (3444xx) on May 22, production was done on 5/26 and will be on delivery truck to burbank, Ca this weekend.
Once they get the car, they will perform their inspection and then will release it to me...Fingers crossed the person who does the inspection doesn't have a half empty vodka bottle in his hand.