Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, cover up the paint problems with a wrap? If they're having trouble with paint, panel gaps, alignment and such - isn't this just asking for MORE problems?
no, not a ppf or vinyl wrap. Most luxury vehicles are wrapped in a disposable transport wrap that protects the paint from chips and dust and dirt while awaiting transport and actually in transit. Instead Tesla chooses to put the luck of all that on the customer and then if they notice at delivery pay for body shop fixes. On top of that in many cases of refresh X buyers, they receive an X that’s been sitting on the dirt lot for months.

Now that's funny...(wouldn't be if someone got hurt)

Nancy Pelosi's husband arrested for drunk driving

Everyone driving down the main drag in Napa is a DUI waiting to happen. We toured the wineries once and were definitely candidates for a DUI after two stops. Wouldn't have helped that the back of the car was full of full wine bottles.

This is an SSD not a USB drive. Where can you use this on a 2022 Tesla? I thought they only used the USB in the glovebox. Help me understand this, I might have missed something.
Yes you can use, I posted this a couple of pages back as well. These ssd are more reliable and have more read write cycles than the little usb sticks. Also a lot more space - 1 tb is only $120.

For those that have taken delivery of your Model X, did your fobs come with the little loop thingy that lets you attach it to a key ring? Ours didn't come with one.
Tesla has never provided them for some reason. I bought a couple of these in desired colors for my wife and I - will update on if they work well. The quality seems good (I already have them and have played around with it) and you get a couple options for the connector to hold the keys. The enclosure actually is screwed in place around the fob so no chance the fob slides out. It’s a good design as long as it doesn’t interfere with the signal.

AC0896BC-8EA7-4BB2-8F7C-2867A63944B7.jpeg

ISDORE Premium Key Fob Cover for Tesla Model X - Aircraft Aluminum Flip Key Protection Case with Leather Keychain - Amazon.com

For those that have taken delivery of your Model X, did your fobs come with the little loop thingy that lets you attach it to a key ring? Ours didn't come with one.
Tesla has never provided them for some reason. I bought a couple of these in desired colors for my wife and I - will update on if they work well. The quality seems good (I already have them and have played around with it) and you get a couple options for the connector to hold the keys. The enclosure actually is screwed in place around the fob so no chance the fob slides out. It’s a good design as long as it doesn’t interfere with the signal.

View attachment 810518
ISDORE Premium Key Fob Cover for Tesla Model X - Aircraft Aluminum Flip Key Protection Case with Leather Keychain - Amazon.com

They used to come with the older MS/MX cars. I saved mine from my 2017 MX and moved it to my 2022 fob. The 2022 fob even still has the loop under the cover to add the ring.. You also might be able to pick up an old or broken fob on ebay just for the ring.
1653917485556.png

How well does that stay clamped on? Is this what you bought? Did you end up using the double sided tape?
Yes, that’s the one.
it actually feels very solid and I would happily pay lot more for it.
i moved it from my X5, didn’t use the tape or rubber pieces it comes with and it’s really solid, I’ll do a short video later today.

View attachment 810518
I have exact same covers. It fits perfectly and no signal interference.
Mine are gold and black 🙂

• Love
Reactions: ironwill96