Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This probably just means Tesla is lying to people placing new orders. I don't know it should be taken as a optimistic outlook for old orders with the same delivery timeframe. The time from order to delivery is something like 15 months on average I think. It hasn't really improved since they started deliveries, as you would expect if production outstripped order rate.

When you say 5k i think you are thinking of last quarter, not last month? April would of had almost no Model X deliveries due to the airbag issue. April was worse than December for deliveries based on the spreadsheet. May was about the same number of deliveries as Jan. So they are way behind this quarter compared to last. Also, I'm not sure Tesla has ever shipped over 100k S/X in a year? 2020, which was the last full production year before they stopped for the refresh had less than 60k deliveries. They had some years that look close to 100k but that was before they started making Model 3's out of the same factory.
I respectfully completely disagree. I do not think Tesla has any interest other than accelerating the transition to sustainable energy, and “trying to mislead customers” flies directly in the face of that goal.

I think it must be a mammoth challenge to give reasonable predictions of delivery schedules in today’s environment. This is the most massive complex device most people purchase in their lives. Even with Tesla producing a large proportion of their parts in house, even then they are dependent on raw material suppliers.

Just curious for the ones that have already accepted delivery. How many are using the predictive shifting? The X is supposed to make an educated guess on Drive vs Reverse based on how the car is positioned and other obstacles and such. I'm just curious if most find it really handy or have turned off that feature. Also, can that feature be part of your driver profile? I kind of like the idea of using it but my wife will probably hate it.
I don't use it. I often park in the middle of a parking lot away from other cars so I can go forward over the empty facing spot. In high school ages ago the police officer said that if everything is clear, that was much safer than backing out of a spot for most people.

My SA told me, they will start delivery in Europe mid/end 2023. I‘m still hoping Tesla will start production for Europe this fall for delivery in Nov - Dec 2022. I don‘t think they will start to produce for Europe until Sept - Okt 2022. Still waiting…MXP order form Germany
Mid/end 2023?? I am not prepared to wait that long, I ordered in early 2021 like so many on here did.

Reactions: colo
A Little Hope for You Guys Freaked Over the Jan 2023 - Apr 2023 EDD Placeholder

If you go over to the Tesla website to order a LR X right now, it reads: Est. Delivery: Jan 2023 - Apr 2023. That means a 7-11 month wait... if you're ordering today. For the MX Plaid, the current EDD range is Aug - Oct 2022. But you're not ordering today, you ordered months and months, some more than a year ago. The Fremont assembly line isn't down. Even with chip shortages and other persistent supply chain issues, there is zero chance that Tesla's Fremont X line will sit idle for the 7 months remaining in 2022. Fremont is making Xes; look at the "Got my Vin and Delivery Date" posts that pop up on this board daily. Look at the delivery figures that are released. Last month, don't have the stat in front of me at the moment, Tesla delivered ~ 4-5k Model X's and Model S's apiece - Tesla no longer separates S/X delivery stats instead lumping them together. At peak production prior to the Refresh, Tesla could churn out a combined 100k or so X/S's per year. IOW, they're making them right now somewhere near peak capacity. The 2021 fiascoes when the lines were down for retooling problems early and mostly supply chain issues later created a big backlog. Tesla is apparently now steadily working through the piled up orders.

It's not going to be next year when you receive your car. That Dec-Apr, or Jan-Apr is indeed a placeholder. What Tesla will be doing the rest of this year is fulfill the orders it already has meaning YOURS.

Yep, they prioritize the Plaids, Tesla has done that with every new model it's introduced.

Even so, LR or Plaid, your car is coming a lot sooner than early 2023. My best guess is: By October latest, most of you guys who ordered throughout 2021 will have your cars meaning order placed all the way through December 2021 on into 2022. A few who ordered the past 2-3 months might wind up as Nov/Dec deliveries.
Hope you are right but when I ordered mine in late Apr. 21, edd was Oct. 21so Tesla current EDD schemes meant empty space and pure cr@p.

Reactions: 1pinhigh
Mine came with a Telsa branded version of this Samsung 128 GB Bar stick installed. This is the unit I used in my previous X and the unit from Tesla seems to be working fine in my 2022 X.
Go on down to COSTCO and buy one of their 256GB sticks. They're all made by reputable fabricators and are relatively inexpensive. I use one in my 2018 XLR. Also have one for my music. Happy. so far...

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
I don't use it. I often park in the middle of a parking lot away from other cars so I can go forward over the empty facing spot. In high school ages ago the police officer said that if everything is clear, that was much safer than backing out of a spot for most people.
On the other hand, they may not have had 17” screens with high def wide field reverse/side cameras back then, or ultrasonic sensors beeping at you. 😎

Go on down to COSTCO and buy one of their 256GB sticks. They're all made by reputable fabricators and are relatively inexpensive. I use one in my 2018 XLR. Also have one for my music. Happy. so far...
I use a single stick for both music and camera video. I think I sliced off 16 GB for the media partition and left the rest (~240 GB) for Tesla cams

i was hoping that if there is nothing in front of us and we just start to go it would be forward. If a wall were there but clear behind it will reverse. Think I read or heard that.

Mid/end 2023?? I am not prepared to wait that long, I ordered in early 2021 like so many on here did.
Same here, I ordered beginning if 02/2021
Wasn't the last info that production for Europe starts 6/2022?
So I would expect an update in June.
I hope to get the MXP by October (2022, not 2023) ;)
Come on Elon, I give you my twitter stocks on top when I get the car this October.

Reactions: colo