Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up in Charlotte NC at 1 pm today after 394 days of waiting! They were very nice and let me into the vehicle to go over the checklist and checked in periodically to see how it was going and if I needed any help.

Everything was almost perfect but I made the mistake after doing most of the checklist of assuming some things were working without actually testing it - namely the backup camera. Upon backing up for the first time the camera shows black half the time and when it works is incredibly laggy like 1 frame every 5-10 seconds. Completely useless! I encourage actually testing everything on the checklist even if it takes a long time!!

Alignment was really good and found no exterior or interior issues. All floor mats and accessories including the mobile charger were included. I have the tilting screen.

Remote sentry cam doesn’t seem to be working either but I’m not sure if I’m just in a bad signal area at the hotel I am at. The car still thinks it is at the dealership - has anyone seen delays in the car connecting properly to LTE?

I’m also not sure how many things have to calibrate - they paired the key fobs but I can’t get any of them to open the vehicle or do anything - it all seems to be tied to my phone. Do I need to delete the phone key to use the fob or can both be used?

For the 24hr 100 mile stuff do I just file service appointments with the details in the mobile app? This is my first tesla so not familiar with this process.

Thanks for everyone here for the fun while waiting! Not sure I will be able to quit the forum since I’ve been addicted for over a year.
Congrats. Beautiful spaceship you got there. The kids are having more fun than you, I bet. BTW, I am taking the liberty to change the spreadsheet for you so you can have every minutes of the first 24 hrs. examine the car from head to tail. Hope all the issues are resolved soon.

Was at the service/delivery center today in MA and saw a White/Cream LR 6 seater ready for delivery. Caked in a ton of pollen since we're dealing with clouds the of the stuff daily, but it looked really good otherwise regarding panels and such. Forgot to get the VIN.

Still waiting for a VIN to be assigned to our White/White LR 6 seater.

Ordered Feb 28. Showing June delivery. Cash payment.

Model X, Long Range, Red, 20" Wheels, 6 Seat.
Finally. Jun 11 delivery apt in MD.

Hello past me. Little did you know 466 days later (from page 3 of this thread) would you finally get this car…well maybe get this car there’s still 1 more week for heartache just sayin

Definitely add checking turn signal cameras to your checklist - those don’t work either on my X. You have to enable the feature under the autopilot section and I think it will only show them if you are in drive so it’s difficult to test that during a delivery. Mine are just black squares when they turn on.

Really hoping the pending software update waiting for me to be on wifi to install will magically resolve a lot of this stuff but I’m worried there’s something wrong with the cameras or MCU with all these camera issues.

Autopilot freaks out often and does the red put your hands on the wheel on very easy highway road with great lane lines so not sure if that’s related.

Pardon my ignorance, but what is the reason behind blocking out the last few of the vin? Just curious, as you can see and take a pic of any vin of any car anywhere in public (even brand new ones on dealer lots). I have never understood the reason behind blurring the license plates either in photos, as anyone can get your license plate number pretty easily….

Pardon my ignorance, but what is the reason behind blocking out the last few of the vin? Just curious, as you can see and take a pic of any vin of any car anywhere in public (even brand new ones on dealer lots). I have never understood the reason behind blurring the license plates either in photos, as anyone can get your license plate number pretty easily….
Being doxxed on the internet. Some don't want their online identity tied to their real life one.

You have to be physically at someone’s car and looking for it to get that info. Very different than broadcasting it on the internet for posterity.

No clue. I had stopped caring and had a 97 and managed to get in. My last Tesla got in with a 99 but it was a year ago or more.
Congrats, @Stro !

If I don’t have FSD beta in my X when I get it (or relatively soon thereafter), I will be VERY VERY sad. It is actually (to me) amazing how much FSD has made the driving experience so much more satisfying.

Well, since I needed a car badly for my daily commute, I had ordered M3P a couple of weeks back with an initial date of Aug 1st week. This morning woke up with a VIN and delivery date on June 6th for M3P however no traction on Model XLR.

I am going to pick it up on Monday and will try to inquire about my other Model X order.

Current ETD for Model X LR shows between "Sep-Dec", my question is, how difficult is it to get 2 finance applications back to back in 3 months? any impact on my current credit check on my next delivery which is unknown?

I opted back in and have 200 miles on safety score. I’m at a 100 so hoping i get back in too!
It’s been a long time since I did safety score driving.

Can you have safety scoring on for one profile but off for another?
With FSD, it’s turned on in my Model Y profile but off in her profile. (She **hates** phantom braking.)

So anyhoo, it would be nice if she didn’t have to be worrying about keeping my score up when she’s driving in her own profile.

First, I am not defending Tesla because they can’t give us accurate delivery dates. But your statement is not accurate either. Lucid and Rivian are known for delaying their product and cut back their production target (which definitely delayed a lot of delivery dates). Ford also can’t give accurate delivery date. My friend ordered a Mach E and was promised an April delivery. About 2 weeks before delivery, he was told the delivery would be delayed for at least a month. So, he went on vacation mid April. All of a sudden, Ford called him again while he was on vacation to be ready to pick up the car in a couple of days. He ended up asking me to bring payment to the Ford dealer because they wouldn’t wait until he came back from vacation.

My point is everyone can give you an “accurate” delivery date until it isn’t. I guess that’s why they call it “Estimated” Delivery Date. Unfortunately, for Tesla their estimate is more often wrong than not 😀 But if you wait long enough, it will be accurate some day 😂😂😂
I have ordered and had built 4 Corvettes in the last 17 years. After your order is accepted they have codes that will tell you exactly what status your car is in. @ 1 month before it is actually built you will get a VIN. That will be your VIN. I picked up my 2022 C8 last September Before that I was able to call up GM and get the latest status including the expected build week. You could find out how many were built everyday AND based on your VIN could pretty much calculate what day - within a few hours- Exactly when your car was being built. Prior to my Corvette phase I had ordered and built 4 Ford F350's - all smooth process. Tesla is amateur hour.