Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a 345 just this morning (June 7), along with a four-day window. No email or text, just noticed it in the app and the web site. Details below.
So you got a VIN today with EDD of June 20 - 24 including shipping to Indiana (I think?). The first day of my three week EDD window is June 17th, so if I happen to get a VIN next week it will be a challenge to get to Minnesota by EOQ. There's alot of "if's" in this so will be interesting (and frustrating) to see how this plays out.

In Colorado, your new Tesla comes with a temp license plate. You remove the old license plates from the old car and keep them. When you get your title in the mail a few weeks later, you go to the DMV and bring your old license plates with you. They can then apply the old plates to your new car. However, not long ago, they changed the rule a little. In order to keep your old license plate, you must pay additional fee. They wanted to discourage you from using your old plates.

And if I were you, I would not sell the old car until you have the new Tesla on your driveway and make sure it doesn’t have any major issues. There are too many stories in this forum where they delayed or cancelled the delivery. Or your new car will need to be serviced for a few days, weeks or even months.
I’m keeping mine until after the MX is through whatever service it needs and the PPF is done. Need something to run around in. One car family.

So you got a VIN today with EDD of June 20 - 24 including shipping to Indiana (I think?). The first day of my three week EDD window is June 17th, so if I happen to get a VIN next week it will be a challenge to get to Minnesota by EOQ. There's alot of "if's" in this so will be interesting (and frustrating) to see how this plays out.
Yes, Indiana. It goes by train to Chicago, then trucked to Indy. With those dates, it has to be well on its way. I'll stop by the delivery center and ask. They claim to be able to tell where it is, if I have a VIN

What are the super charger rates in Seattle area? This will be my first Tesla so I haven’t looked into the pricing. My residence has charging parking spots and they want $100 extra a month for unlimited charging but I drive a lot so I’ll most likely go with that

Last i looked it was around 24 cents per kWh, but i haven't supercharged in a while, and most of the time i have it was free (i had unlimited free supercharging for a while because it took Tesla a while to remove it from my M3 after i opted out, and after that i had referral miles). I just tried looking on the app and it seems that annoyingly it doesn't list prices in the app...

Reactions: Philip_Seattle
It was always a 3-week window, Jun17-July07. The three weeks had been moving around slight
It was always a 3-week window, Jun17-July07. The three weeks had been moving around slightly

Thanks for the details. I guess it's encouraging that we both have / had June 17th as the start of EDD. You got your VIN so I just need to (im)paitently wait! I dont know how you did that for an entire year! :) Hope your delivery goes well and everything is as expected.

I sort of do some numbers. That's not 0.06 cents per kWh; it's $0.06 per kWh. Or, in common English, six cents per kWh. Which is actually a pretty darn good price. I live in the Seattle area and pay ten cents ($0.10) per kWh and I'm very happy. By the way, I have absolutely no idea what it costs per gallon for regular gas. Really don't care. At ten cents per kWh my energy costs are essentially chump change. What bothers me is that our City has EV chargers and they want $0.40 per kWh. They probably pay the commercial rate, which is probably close to what robinsj pays in Utah. So, the delta ($0.30 per kWh) is really significant. Like thirty cents per kWh, which goes into someone's pocket.

Maybe the feds will get involved and make the prices fair. Nahhhh!! Never happen.....
FWIW, in California I believe the average price for gas is almost $7/gallon. There is also a station somewhere in LA that is charging $10/gallon....

• Informative
Reactions: neo1738
is this an expensive upgrade to do?
Depends on the options you choose and whether you want to keep your yoke. Wheel starts at $941 for a full leather wheel. If you want carbon fiber, alcantara, nappa leather, heated, etc the price will go up. There is a $450 core charge for your old yoke. I elected to keep my yoke for future resale/trade-in. I ended up paying $1,682 (nappa leather, matte carbon, heated, keeping my yoke). There is a 10% sale going on for the next day with code: HS10

Here is a post with a picture of mine:

• Love
Reactions: tierneyalvin
What are the super charger rates in Seattle area? This will be my first Tesla so I haven’t looked into the pricing. My residence has charging parking spots and they want $100 extra a month for unlimited charging but I drive a lot so I’ll most likely go with that
Hi - for superchargers in the Seattle area - basically $0.40 per kWh. I've driven north to the border and down to the SF area and they're all about the same. For a 100 kWh battery (like my old XLR) you're talking about forty bucks per fill (100 X $0.40). If that gets you, say, 275 miles and you drive 1,000 miles per month you'd end up paying more than $100 per month at the supercharger. So, maybe $100 per month for unlimited charging is not a bad deal? That's a really ragged estimate, but you get the idea.

You need solar.
You'd think so but actually I have spent $0 to-date on EV charging...

Sonic Waiting.gif

Reactions: FDEWEESE
Do we have a good delivery checklist for a refreshed MX, or are the older checklists just fine?

(picking up in one hour! Get hyped!)

See the third tab at the bottom of this sheet.

Reactions: ductordoc
i don’t know how to update my order. My version of the Tesla app doesn’t have any edit function. I want to remove trade in and double check on my payment option As I am pretty sure I want to go through local credit union for balance after my own bank check. Need clarification. Hoping that removing trade in might improve EDD a bit.