Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Heyyy..

I got a kind of old vin.. should I take delivery?

7SAXCDE52NF3400**

It might seem like an old VIN but thats not too old. Tesla issues VINs in batches but they are not always sequential. There are some significant gaps in the order tracking spreadsheet. You can always call Tesla at the 800 number now that you have a VIN and they will tell you it's birthdate from the factory.

As a point of reference, my MX has a birthdate of 5/3/22 and the VIN ends in 3420xx.
Similarly, according to the order tracking sheet there were no VINs 3400xx or earlier issued to any TMC members before May.
My unfounded estimate - your build date is late April. If you have the swiveling screen at delivery that will confirm late April +

Truth. Anybody have an idea of how these factories work to change from different seating options? Do they have to retool to go from 5 to 6 seaters? 6 seaters were Q1. 5 seaters seem to be priority for Q2.
I suspect the reason for the lack of LR 6 is not due to switching between 5\7 but likely because they are saving all the 6 seat production for the plaid.

Has anyone tried removing fsd before delivery?
Yes. If you got it for $10k, try to drop it the day before you make payment and you may get $2k off your purchase. It took 4 days for Tesla to realize that I had $2k off as a "referral credit", at that point they added the $2k back in to the total. Curious what would have happened if I had already paid and taken delivery.

Wrong info. Ignore this.

Attachments

• 75C2EC3A-C94B-461E-8B50-E1438FEF37AF.jpeg
    75C2EC3A-C94B-461E-8B50-E1438FEF37AF.jpeg
    242.9 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
For those recently
For some (like me) yoke was the reason they put in an order!
It is exactly why I put in my order. I still feel it and the dash are like a work of art. The low speed parking lot shenanigans with the wheel are more than offset by the highly satisfying feeling using yoke in turns, and the new hand positioning. A wide 7 and 5 on the bottom rungs or especially the outside of the yoke, feel way better to me than a narrow and high 10 and 2 or 9 and 3 or 8 and 4 or even a gangster lean with an old wheel. And that ganster lean comment was almost sacrilegious, I know. But NOA is happier with 7 and 5 on the bottom rungs more than anything else for me too-- way less nag. I can still do a slight push twirl around to the yoke with the heel of my hand, especially since I switched yoke to the comfort setting. But I'll never go back.

Last edited:
Another day, another shift in EDD. Truly frustrating. Went from a range of June 20 - July 10 to a range of October 29 - January 7.
My June 19 - July 10 still holding for the moment. Also red. I have a feeling being in the west, I may end up in the end of quarter mess unfortunately. We’ll see.