Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
4D9DDDDD-5DA8-4897-B176-9593DAE7DEE3.jpeg

Attachments

• F3C39755-0B13-41E5-A5D6-5470332C251E.jpeg
    F3C39755-0B13-41E5-A5D6-5470332C251E.jpeg
    429.3 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Personally, I'm moving from an S to an X simply because it'll be easier to get into and out of.
Same! I leased a Model 3 three years ago because I knew the X would be refreshed eventually and I wanted to wait for it. I rented a Model X during our Vegas vacation last year and fell in love with how much easier it is to get in and out of (I'm big in all dimensions). Driving the Model 3 just hasn't been as enjoyable since that trip.

To those I see fretting about your EDD... the good news is that once your wait gets really insane, you start to develop a real zen (or numb?) feeling about it. My 500th day of waiting is coming soon, in the middle of my summer vacation, so I'm sure I'll get the call from Tesla at the worst possible time, during that trip.

Anyone in the Bay Area get updated EDD for MXLR? Ordered April 2022 with original dates December 2022 - March 2023. Today it updated to June 26th -July 17th. Possibly end of quarter push since im very close to the Fremont factory? Hopefully it will stick.

View attachment 817067
Possible. Or they yank it from you tomorrow lol. I don’t trust those dates until a vin appears. Been fooled too many times

• Love
Reactions: Elixir
Anyone in the Bay Area get updated EDD for MXLR? Ordered April 2022 with original dates December 2022 - March 2023. Today it updated to June 26th -July 17th. Possibly end of quarter push since im very close to the Fremont factory? Hopefully it will stick.

View attachment 817067
April 2022? As in two months ago?? I have a similar range and I ordered end of March 2021…

Hi guys, I recently found this forum and wanted to say you guys are truly awesome.

I have a MX LR with an OD of Aug 3, 2021 (MSM, Black, 20", FSD) with a EDD of Nov 1 - Feb 9.

I want to update my interior trim to Cream and Jorge has opened up the "edit design" page for me.

From your experience, would updating anything at this point will delay my delivery even further? Or perhaps expedite it since I"m giving more money to Tesla?

Your two cents would be greatly appreciated!
It is possible. But no way to tell for sure. My guess (and I emphasize it is just a guess) is that the black interior is far more common than the cream.

Reactions: MxTaycan
My plaid/blue/cream20” is tentatively scheduled for mid July- Mid Aug. we are flying out for a 10-day vacation and just got a call from Tesla saying they have a plaid same specs but with black seats in Houston for pickup tomorrow. I passed but did update my M3P trade-in mileage just case she comes in early. Dreams ALMOST came early today!

Finally picked my MXLR up today. Every thing went super smooth. The Delivery team was awesome even though I picked it up 4 days early.
There was nothing wrong my X, it came with floor mats front and rear a charger, tow hitch, the cover for the rear storage, nothing misaligned or missing even has tilted screen. Also received my 1000 referral miles.
Great experience Memphis team rocks 🙌

Finally picked my MXLR up today. Every thing went super smooth. The Delivery team was awesome even though I picked it up 4 days early.
There was nothing wrong my X, it came with floor mats front and rear a charger, tow hitch, the cover for the rear storage, nothing misaligned or missing even has tilted screen. Also received my 1000 referral miles.
Great experience Memphis team rocks 🙌
@Empty tank , another frequent poster, and long time pillar of this community getting a car! I just love to see this! I know I said it earlier this week, but there is hope for us all! Heck, it hasn't been so long ago that we weren't seeing any VINs not to mention cars. I hope you enjoy your car and that it was worth the wait for you.