Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All glass NOW is UV blocking. On my 2018 MX I bought the best UV and infrared blocking tint I could find, Spectra Photosync. Why? Because I felt like I was a hamburger cookin' under that big glass before the tint, and after installation it felt totally comfortable.

Fast forward to my new Plaid Model X, and I don't need any tint at all. The improvement in the glass is dramatic! Maybe I'll try to darken the driver side glass a bit, for yet one more layer to also reduce wind noise a bit? But I'm impressed with the new refresh glass-- it feels even better than the 2018 with the Spectra Photosync.
Yeah I bet he was operating under the old pre refresh info. I’ll let him know.

Reactions: DelPhonic1
As promised…

4778D538-B87D-4FB7-9A15-807A4F96A824.jpeg

Guys - I’m picking up my MXP tomorrow and just got the MVPA and noticed $6500 added for the six seat interior. I thought this was included option with MXP. Any insight will be extremely helpful. FYI. Originally ordered MX in Mar’21 and changed to MXP and have a email from Jorge stating new pricing will not be applied
09584FC2-14C1-41D4-AAC0-AFB74B8CE363.jpeg

To be clear I am not saying this is what it looks like. I am only saying this is what I was talking about in a previous post. I don’t fully understand what is going on. It says trimotor and Plaid but it looks like the base price without a Plaid upgrade on the line items.
I saw the same thing in multiple Plaids at the KCSC. Is it possible that there's "more" on the back side or there's a "page 2" that's in the car somewhere?

Guys - I’m picking up my MXP tomorrow and just got the MVPA and noticed $6500 added for the six seat interior. I thought this was included option with MXP. Any insight will be extremely helpful. FYI. Originally ordered MX in Mar’21 and changed to MXP and have a email from Jorge stating new pricing will not be applied
View attachment 817554
From other plaid pricing posted, this is normal in the breakdown

• Informative
Reactions: croman and aagarwa5
I think it is an Error my sheet Has Base Model X Price and the Plaid Upgrade Price...here there is no Plaid upgrade price.

If u add the price of the Plaid Upgrade(which changed with each price increase) to the Model X base price it will make more sense....But hey if this person gets it for this price good for them :).

View attachment 817554
You need to text or call them to credit you for $6500 on the MVPA. They will have to updated the pricing on their end...don't pay until you have an updated MVPA. Should be easy...

View attachment 817554
The plaid with 6 seater was at 126.5k since day one. The 120k price was for 5 seater that was no longer available. So this looks right.

Don’t think they can honor the $6500 as it’s only for people who ordered the 5 seater Plaid.
Correct....only for people who ordered 5 ($6500 credit) or 7 seats ($3000 credit) I ordered the 7 seats plaid. Tesla called and changed my order to 6 seats....said they will credit $3000 at delivery. Just got my VIN, delivery date is June 19 -23rd.

Going to the DC tomorrow for our pickup appt, confirmed again that this VIN bday is 10/21, so no tilt, no charger port revision and no tail light revision.

SA over the phone stated again(sounds like they are reading from a teleprompter) that this is the car you paid for back in 03/21, and if i want the newer features then place another order.

I put a stop payment to the ACH they requested and will bring a cashiers check, anticipating to reject the car.

With the big qtr push, sounds like i have no choice but to accept this 10/21 car, with out any discounts.

Any other things I can bring up? Dont want to be petty but would like at least a 22 year car....
What's the fully charged range in miles? Spec is 351, 5 seats, 20" wheels. Don't recall your order.
You can go online and configure your car specs and see total range,

Does this car have anything close to that? Seriously tell them you are driving off the lot on long trip. Charge it to 100%. See if it is even close to spec.
The cells in your car probably have gone to zero at least once or twice. If 100% range is off spec by more than say 2-3%, tell them they are not delivering to spec. You want a car within spec. This may be your best shot. If it is to spec maybe the cells are ok then.

• Informative
Reactions: JBTMX
Picked up LR 5 seat/white/white today. Original order date (early May 2021).
Delivery was supposed to be this Saturday, but I texted them on weds to check if the car has arrived and they managed to move me for thursday delivery.

Few issues:
  • Carpet missing in the lower portion of the trunk. Appareantly this is on back order and I should make a service request.
  • FWD is REAALY close to touching the trim. I can put a piece of paper between the trim and the door, so I know it’s not touching it, but it’s like real real close. If it moves just a little bit, it will hit or scratch it.
  • Passanger side window is hitting the trim, instead of rubber when closing the door.
Other then that, no issues to be worried about.

I do come from 2014 Model S and reading through all of this, I expected a major difference in how quiet the car is, but honestly, I don’t feel that much of a difference :( .
I also expected more from air suspension (it’s set on Auto) compared to spring suspension on Model S.

Overall, it’s a great car. and I don’t know about Plaid, but LR is much faster than any SUV should be .. like, when will we use this speed for real? It’s just for fun :)