Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Spent time on the phone with Tesla. They could be lying through their teeth but the person helping me said that they finally have the X line moving in the right direction. The cars are being produced at a decent clip and he said my car is slotted for delivery in the next six weeks. My EDD is 08/28 to 10/02. Not sure if he is pulling my leg or trying to get me off the phone. He said the EDD’s are a lot more reliable now. I asked him why my order hasn’t been put on hold like others and he said it’s because I’m within the window…. Not sure I believe this but sharing fwiw.

OOD 10/21 Red/ 7 / cream / 22/ MXLR / FSD
I think they are talking BS. It is still too early in the quarter to tell for sure but there is not much indication that they are making Xs any faster than they were at this point last quarter. For instance, the first four weeks of Q3 shows 20 deliveries in our tracking sheet. The first four weeks of Q2 had... 20. And that is including the fact that they weren't making deliveries for the first two weeks of Q2 because of the air bag issues. For completeness: first four weeks of Q1... 25, so they aren't going in the right direction so far.

Very unlikely an Oct '21 order will be delivered this quarter (unless it is plaid). Sorry :(

I think they are talking BS. It is still too early in the quarter to tell for sure but there is not much indication that they are making Xs any faster than they were at this point last quarter. For instance, the first four weeks of Q3 shows 20 deliveries in our tracking sheet. The first four weeks of Q2 had... 20. And that is including the fact that they weren't making deliveries for the first two weeks of Q2 because of the air bag issues. For completeness: first four weeks of Q1... 25, so they aren't going in the right direction so far.

Very unlikely an Oct '21 order will be delivered this quarter (unless it is plaid). Sorry :(
Not to minimize the value of the tracking sheet, but I think as the initial wave of very active forum members got their vehicles and people became less diligent about updating it, its value as a datapoint declined pretty significantly. Given it’s dependent on people remembering to update it as milestones occur (EDD changes, VIN, delivery, etc) I’m reticent to draw conclusions from it. Just my $0.02.

Not to minimize the value of the tracking sheet, but I think as the initial wave of very active forum members got their vehicles and people became less diligent about updating it, its value as a datapoint declined pretty significantly. Given it’s dependent on people remembering to update it as milestones occur (EDD changes, VIN, delivery, etc) I’m reticent to draw conclusions from it. Just my $0.02.
Totally possible, but i do search through forum posts and update the spreadsheet as much as possible and i've also started PMing people that haven't updated it, and update it for them if they respond. If they don't respond, I've started marking their orders as cancelled.

I know this is a quality problem, but I want to see how others are dealing with an issue. I ordered in early June 2021. Now that I have been Vinned I need to add the vehicle to my insurance to upload proof of coverage. I will be paying $123,821.87. If I ordered the same car today (i.e., all of the same options), it would cost $158,810.87. I do want full replacement coverage so I need to over-insure the car. My broker has been asking a bunch of questions and looking for info about the price difference (he is being helpful - but I suspect that someone paying $34,989 less than the present market is not a common issue he faces).
Has anyone else dealt with this issue?
Thanks,
Sutes
I just uploaded a screen shot from my phone of the Progressive app, showing the coverage details. It had my old car showing, because I had not yet performed "replace a car" on the policy. In my state we have 30 days to switch vehicles out on an insurance policy. I think I took care of getting the insurance set a day or two after delivery. With Progressive, it is all self service on their web site, you do not have a retail agent (well, I guess you can if you want, but involving an agent is real unnecessary pain).

I will be paying $123,821.87. If I ordered the same car today (i.e., all of the same options), it would cost $158,810.87. I do want full replacement coverage so I need to over-insure the car. My broker has been asking a bunch of questions and looking for info about the price difference (he is being helpful - but I suspect that someone paying $34,989 less than the present market is not a common issue he faces).

Has anyone else dealt with this issue?
Don't the insurance companies just go off the VIN? You are insuring that specific VIN, not a dollar amount. They should have data on how much it costs to replace the vehicle. If they incorrectly factor in latest MSRP into your policy it sounds like their problem, not yours? (and once they figure it out I'm sure they will just adjust your premium, and then it is your problem :)).

Thank you for the response. Sadly, I agree with you that I’m not seeing this car this quarter and possibly not this year.

That fender not being a uniform gap (bigger at the left than on the right) would sorta bug me.

I think we're being ultra OCD picky on photographs, that the photographs magnify the issues and in real life they really aren't that big of an eye sore. /Shrug

With that said anyone in the KC area wanna scout out the Tesla center and see if my Blue/White/20s Plaid has arrived yet and take pics? 🤪I'm picking up this Friday. 🥳

I need to get on the horn with a SA and make sure they laid eye balls on my car and that the PDI is done done before I spend the 4+ hour drive there.
Happy to do that for you. As an FYI, I ran by yesterday and didn't see any blue X's at all, but, there was a truck in the back just starting to unload. If you'll give me the VIN, minus the last couple of numbers I'll take a look and if there post some pictures for you.

• Love
Reactions: Mike Hawk
Well, today is August 1st, and my EDD stays stuck on Aug 1 - Aug 22
I'm getting antsy, to say the least. I'm fully expecting Tesla to push back my EDD window.

How often do they get to the start of the EDD without any update to the window?
Hit my EDD window twice (once in June and once in July) and both times it changed the next day. Current window starts Aug. 16. This is getting old.

With my trade-in (a 2018). There cared about getting both key fobs. But did not seem to care about the charger. My old car had an old Gen-1 UMC, 40 amps, which I wanted to keep. I offered to give them the Gen-2 from the new car, the SA told me to just keep it.
I have both a gen 1 & 2.... Think I'll keep both. I'll tell them that as long as they give me fobs for my new one then I'll give them the fobs for the old one. I mean, they either come with the car or they don't....

I just started using the gen 1 charger again. I completely forgot it got me up to 40 amps.

Reactions: Elixir