Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all! I am getting my car delivered next week, its been long time since I placed my order (July 2021). Since then I have moved and I put financing with a large sum down payment but that is not the case in reality. My Bank says they need to see the MVPA with the actual amount of downpayment I am planning to put instead of the one I just entered on the website last year to be able to wire the funds to Tesla.

How do I get in touch with someone in Tesla to help me get a new MVPA with new registration details including updated address and the financing information? I get automated texts from a number that tells me my Tesla has been assigned a VIN, has left the factory, etc (not sure if anyone monitors replies to it).. The sales associate who sent me an email when I ordered my Tesla last year, does not reply to my emails, maybe they don't even work there anymore as its been a long time.

What to do?

Hello all! I am getting my car delivered next week, its been long time since I placed my order (July 2021). Since then I have moved and I put financing with a large sum down payment but that is not the case in reality. My Bank says they need to see the MVPA with the actual amount of downpayment I am planning to put instead of the one I just entered on the website last year to be able to wire the funds to Tesla.

How do I get in touch with someone in Tesla to help me get a new MVPA with new registration details including updated address and the financing information? I get automated texts from a number that tells me my Tesla has been assigned a VIN, has left the factory, etc (not sure if anyone monitors replies to it).. The sales associate who sent me an email when I ordered my Tesla last year, does not reply to my emails, maybe they don't even work there anymore as its been a long time.

What to do?
Try texting this number: +1 (510) 369-0818

What to do?
Similar situation, I also need some information updated in MVPA.
Emails to Tesla don't get response.

Am I able to bring a bank check to pay at the Delivery Center?
On their website it says

Final payment is accepted via:

• Electronic check (direct debit) in the Tesla app
  • Wire transfer
  • Certified check at time of pick-up, with your Reference Number (RN) and name in the memo line
Note: Only credit cards are accepted for the initial order fee.
from Ordering a Tesla

I ordered a 7 seater LR in May 2021. I didn't fill out the profile completely because I didn't want them to run a credit score in May 2021 for a car that may not be delivered for a year. Also I wanted to wait until they assigned a VIN to decide if I want to finance or just purchase it depending on where the interest rates would be whenever the VIN is assigned. It's not as if I could lock in the rate had I completed the profile anyways.

Fast forward a year later, I call them in June 2022 to ask what's the delay. They say to complete the profile which could make it get assigned quicker and they reassured me I can always change financing options later.

Now it's August 2022 and I see other cars with the same configuration being delivered on the West Coast, some who ordered months after mine. They tell me that it's because my profile was not completed until June 2022.

Asked to speak to multiple people, escalated this (which got rejected) and also sent an email to [email protected] since the terms and agreement never explicitly said my order would just be "on hold" until profile is completed. Seems like searching back on this forum it was also known by other customers but not well published or stated in the actual order confirmation page. I also told them they charged and collected the deposit, how was I supposed to know my order was not complete.

There was nothing in the webpage or order agreement that said I had to complete a profile to be in a queue to get my car built. So now it's essentially as if I ordered in June 2022 rather than May 2021. I could potentially get the longest delivery timeframe in history from date of order to delivery which is so idiotic based on how Tesla manages reservations/orders.
I really wonder how true that is. If you placed the order June 2022, your EDD would be pushed to next year. I ordered way after you but also waited a long time to fill in registration. Hoping it isn't true :(

But they forgot to put the amount into the finance box, which my bank told me to get Tesla to correct. Radio silent, and the delivery date is less than 40 hours away, and I still haven't got my rate.
aw darn. I had to have them update it too. My delivery date was 2/14 and I ended up getting it 2/15 cause they couldn't get everything squared away. Hopefully they respond tomorrow.

Note that that was for model 3. Still waiting for MX

@KidsEyeDr when did your app request a final payment? I need a final payment breakdown and Tesla keeps telling me to wait for final docs. Pick up is scheduled for Sat. The MVPA alone isn’t enough for the bank. Any thoughts?

They might give you an updated MVPA with a Final Price Sheet on page 2.
They gave that to me less than 48 hours before delivery, and it's got wrong number entered. My bank is still waiting for the correct one.

• Informative
Reactions: jkhanesq
EDD is currently Oct 18-Dec 13 2022. The EDD was changing (at first later, then earlier) so I didn't even bother completing the profile until recently.

Any other suggestions? I've asked them to put a notation on my account that I can pretty much take delivery of any 7 seater LR. Hopefully it won't be a reject if a car does become available.

I live in California and I confirmed with an EECU that I can lock in a rate of 72 months @ 1.99% - planning on submitting loan end of August which can probably get me through until end of November.

Mine is a day after yours. Also in California. Planning to do exactly the same with EECU.

I also didn’t “complete the profile” for my May 2021 order until seeing your post.

Someone mentioned experiencing a rattle or vibration coming from the instrument cluster area. My XLR (picked up June 4th) occasionally has a minor rattle/vibration in that area. I listen to my cars and this kind of thing really gets to me. It's not consistent though. More random than anything. I, too, would like to know if anyone else is experiencing this and if someone has found a source/solution.
thanks,
Bob

Reactions: Elixir and blodg1