Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"Originally placed MXLR 22/FSD/W/W on May 25, 2021. It was taking too long so I placed another order for same config for a Plaid on April 17, 2022. I wanted to see which one will be ready first and also my wife could take the MXLR if anything. Got a VIN for the Plaid 2wks ago and picking it up on 8/15. Got a VIN for the MXLR yesterday"
This is baffling.
I ordered similar configuration 3 months earlier (Feb 2021) and my EDD is still late October to late December. Can't figure out how they schedule their production.
Neither can they...

I feel like this is old news, but it popped up again 5 days ago:

Yoke getting traditional center horn with software update? Anyone see this as an option? Do the yoke's airbag area actually mechanically depress (terminology?)?

Quick question. I got my VIN but no email, no message, no one contacted me.
Do I buy the insurance and process the final payment now? or wait for someone to call me?

Also, where can I find my delivery center? I don't remember which location I selected.

Last edited:
Reactions: Evfan0630
Wow. I can't even begin to express my thanks for everyone associated with this thread. It has been a daily source of distraction, entertainment and therapy as I've waited for my X. Wanting is better than having, right?

Woke up this morning to FINALLY having a VIN!!!

From and including: Friday, May 14, 2021
To, but not including Friday, August 12, 2022

Result: 455 days​

It is 455 days from the start date to the end date, but not including the end date.

Or 1 year, 2 months, 29 days excluding the end date.

Or 14 months, 29 days excluding the end date.

Alternative time units​

455 days can be converted to one of these units:

• 39,312,000 seconds
  • 655,200 minutes
  • 10,920 hours
  • 455 days
  • 65 weeks
  • 124.66% of a common year (365 days)
1660312485662.png

Quick question. I got my VIN but no email, no message, no one contacted me.
Do I buy the insurance and process the final payment now? or wait for someone to call me?
Also, where can I find my delivery center? I don't remember which location I selected.
I wouldn’t jump the gun. I would not pay for anything, unless you are absolutely certain the delivery is happening, and that your car has been received by the delivery center. Although unlikely, it is possible something bad could happen to your vehicle in the last mile. I went over to my DC the night before, just to make sure they had my car. It had not been cleaned up yet, but I found it on the lot. So I figured I was good. I paid for it at that time. I did not set up the insurance until a day or two after the delivery. Although I did have the policy to which the new car would attach (actually I was replacing a vehicle on my current policy).

you should be able to find your delivery center either in the app, or on the website documents. Next thing for you is to actually schedule a delivery appointment.

Reactions: Elixir
European order EDD Nov-Dec. plaid 5 seater. Just received the call from Tesla to switch to 6 seater without higher costs or wait til sometime next year for LR 5 seater. Agreed to switch to 6 seater in trying to keep the waiting under 2 years - will be tough as I ordered end Nov 2020.
Here I did the same on Oct. 2021 to receive on Dec. 2021, yet here we are in Aug. 2022 w/o decent EDD

I wouldn’t jump the gun. I would not pay for anything, unless you are absolutely certain the delivery is happening, and that your car has been received by the delivery center. Although unlikely, it is possible something bad could happen to your vehicle in the last mile. I went over to my DC the night before, just to make sure they had my car. It had not been cleaned up yet, but I found it on the lot. So I figured I was good. I paid for it at that time. I did not set up the insurance until a day or two after the delivery. Although I did have the policy to which the new car would attach (actually I was replacing a vehicle on my current policy).

you should be able to find your delivery center either in the app, or on the website documents. Next thing for you is to actually schedule a delivery appointment.
Thanks for the info. I just received a message saying the car is out of the factory and in transit to DC. I will not do anything until DC contacts me.

Wow. I can't even begin to express my thanks for everyone associated with this thread. It has been a daily source of distraction, entertainment and therapy as I've waited for my X. Wanting is better than having, right?

Woke up this morning to FINALLY having a VIN!!!

From and including: Friday, May 14, 2021
To, but not including Friday, August 12, 2022

Result: 455 days​

It is 455 days from the start date to the end date, but not including the end date.

Or 1 year, 2 months, 29 days excluding the end date.

Or 14 months, 29 days excluding the end date.

Alternative time units​

455 days can be converted to one of these units:

• 39,312,000 seconds
  • 655,200 minutes
  • 10,920 hours
  • 455 days
  • 65 weeks
  • 124.66% of a common year (365 days)
View attachment 840079
What a great post!!! Love all the units of time!! So happy for you!!!

Reactions: EV3_