Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, it sounds like they are lying to you... I think the EDDs have been pretty reliable, especially in that short of a timeframe. California is about to get a huge amount of VINs in the next month, and they are mostly for May-July 2021 orders.
Agreed. If it makes you feel any better, I ordered June 31, 2021 - 7 seater in Los Angeles and my EDD was Sept and they pushed it last week to Oct - Nov. If yours hasn’t pushed yet I’d lean towards keeping your order. You’ve waited this long… you should get what you want.

My EDD shifted today.
It was stuck on Oct 5 - Nov 30 for quite a while

Today it shows Oct 12 - Nov 23
Screenshot_20220824-052739_Tesla.jpg

Reactions: Kitt9000 and Elixir
Then I received a message on the 14th that one of the rims was damaged upon delivery, so they had to move it to Thursday, August 18th. Whew! What a whirlwind and SO different from my first Tesla experience (ordered and received within a couple of months). On the first delivery, they made you feel pretty special, with a big bow on the car, Tesla swag, set up in the showroom. This delivery was literally just driving to a service center and seeing the car sitting in the lot. I also thought that the S and X owners would get a key fob, but only received a key card and the iPhone access. One thing that I didn't expect was a year of free premium connectivity, so that was nice. Although it was hard giving up my grandfathered unlimited free charging. It will be interesting to see how much it ends up costing on a road trip

Funny, I got the same text that a rim was damaged in transit! Was supposed to pick up August 18 but am now scheduled to pick up this Saturday the 27th!

I am (finally!) taking delivery of my X on Monday. I read previously about people not making final payment until they checked the car for issues on the delivery date. Is Tesla still allowing this? Doesn’t it then take another day for a wire payment to go through?
Wow, another WA delivery! What is your config? (lr\plaid, ext\int color, seats, wheels, etc.)

I suspect as long as Tesla is notified that the transfer is happening then they are ok with it? But it might be people paying up front but not accepting delivery until the inspection is complete. My plan is to bring checks with me.

Wow, another WA delivery! What is your config? (lr\plaid, ext\int color, seats, wheels, etc.)

I suspect as long as Tesla is notified that the transfer is happening then they are ok with it? But it might be people paying up front but not accepting delivery until the inspection is complete. My plan is to bring checks with me.
LR, white/cream, 5 seat, 20” wheels. I had an EDD of 8/30-9/10 and it suddenly changed to 8/16-8/20 (I’m having them hold it since I’m on vacation. It was quite the battle). I’m hoping it’s not a car that was rejected by someone else because the date ended up being earlier and so sudden.

Reactions: Philip_Seattle
WOW! What a car.

Had my X for a couple weeks now, and it continues to amaze and delight me. It is an awsome Grand Touring Car. Lots of room for people and stuff, power beyond belief. It really commands the road with it's instant torque and passing power. Quiet and smooth, but when you ask it to power around corners or highway bends it automatically firms up and handles securely at speed. Automatic self opening/closing doors are pure joy and luxury. The stereo is awsome. No need to change out parts to get a great auditory experience. The Yoke really opens up the interior and displays. Plenty of modes to select to personalize the car to your desires.
Aerodynamic design and dual pane glass gives a wind free hushed ride. No need to turn the stereo up when you gain speed. The seats are comfortable and supportive. The chilled air through the seat vents is just perfect. Not noisy like others. That it preselects the proper gear when you put on the brake is true out of the box thinking. Driving up to your garage door. it automatically senses your approach and opening is a grand experience.

Yes, it was a long and often frustrating wait from order to delivery, but this refreshed X is magnificent.

LR, white/cream, 5 seat, 20” wheels. I had an EDD of 8/30-9/10 and it suddenly changed to 8/16-8/20 (I’m having them hold it since I’m on vacation. It was quite the battle). I’m hoping it’s not a car that was rejected by someone else because the date ended up being earlier and so sudden.
Do you know the VIN (minus the last 3 digits)? That will give some idea of when the car was built, and whether it was rejected. FWIW my EDD went from Oct\Nov to 3 days from now. I think the car was not rejected, but more likely the person it was scheduled for ended up cancelling or couldn't get financing.

When did you order?

Updated:
VIN on 08/10/22
EDD given Aug 28-Sept 3?
08/13/22 - “departed factory”
EDD given Aug 23-Aug 30
08/20/22 - “schedule delivery email/text”
Deliver options Aug 29-30
Choose 30th
UPDATE:
I got a text August 23rd "your Model X is slightly delayed in transit..."
Moved August 30th pickup date to Sept. 3rd. (back to the last day of the ORIGINAL EDD)

Trade In:
21' M3P (Black/White)
CarMax = 56k (newly quoted)
Carvana = 59.8k (expires Sept. 8th)
Vroom = 59k (expired yesterday)
Moved my carvana pick up date to later on Sept 3rd. (fingers crossed)

The logistics of this process isn't the most straight forward.

Got my VIN (358xxx) and completed my financing/insurance formalities this morning. Right after that I received the text this morning saying the car is moving from Fremont. I bought our M3P out of existing inventory, so I'm not familiar with the process. How long does it take for them to ship it from Fremont to middle america? We have a trip on Labor day weekend and our estimated delivery is currently showing 2-5 Sept, the days we'll be gone. Any chance they'll have it ready next week?

Also, is there any way to learn which delivery location? Usually it's Kansas City but recently I heard they may be delivering to Oklahoma finally.
Updating for anyone searching through later. My delivery is scheduled for Monday the 29th in KC, so about a week after getting the notice it was in transit from Fremont.

Updating for anyone searching through later. My delivery is scheduled for Monday the 29th in KC, so about a week after getting the notice it was in transit from Fremont.
Thanks! The best way we can use this to help others is to put it into the spreadsheet. Are you willing to share your config details (lr\plaid, ext\int color, seats, wheel size, fsd or not), order date and VIN date (if you know it)?

Im picking up my X tomorrow from Mt. Kisco NY. Today they called me saying there is no carpet and told me to open a service request when I take the delivery. The carpet will be mailed to my home.

Another thing is, my trade-in car's registration expired yesterday. Do I have to renew the registration if I want to keep my plate?

• Funny
Reactions: daftskunk