Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just noticed this in the MVPA. So i guess the change to standard connectivity is retroactive to al old orders? I thought it only applied to new orders. Does anyone have a copy of what the website stated when we placed orders in 2021?

"Connectivity. Standard Connectivity is included in your Vehicle, at no additional cost, for eight (8) years beginning on the first day your Vehicle was delivered as new by Tesla, or the first day it is put into service (for example used as a demonstrator or company vehicle), whichever comes first."

Does anyone know if Tesla responds to the number where they send the delivery scheduling info from? I need to switch registration from my wife to myself, and cash->loan, but haven't heard back yet (only been two hours, but i want to move quick if i can take delivery this weekend). Wonder if I'm better off just emailing Jorge?
You can directly call them and the robot will ask whether you want a callback. You can hang up and wait 2+ hours. I called them twice before 10 am and get a call back after 1 pm.

Got my VIN (358xxx) and completed my financing/insurance formalities this morning. Right after that I received the text this morning saying the car is moving from Fremont. I bought our M3P out of existing inventory, so I'm not familiar with the process. How long does it take for them to ship it from Fremont to middle america? We have a trip on Labor day weekend and our estimated delivery is currently showing 2-5 Sept, the days we'll be gone. Any chance they'll have it ready next week?

Also, is there any way to learn which delivery location? Usually it's Kansas City but recently I heard they may be delivering to Oklahoma finally.
Either you call Tesla and ask. Or, simply go ahead to schedule your delivery. You will see the delivery center's address at the EDD location in your account.
You may receive a text message in one or two weeks, and then you can schedule delivery for a fixed day.
If the D-day options are not good, you can call them again asking for another date. I will not be around for exactly the three days they gave me. So I called and got an earlier date, 1 day earlier.

Last edited:
I just noticed this in the MVPA. So i guess the change to standard connectivity is retroactive to al old orders? I thought it only applied to new orders. Does anyone have a copy of what the website stated when we placed orders in 2021?

"Connectivity. Standard Connectivity is included in your Vehicle, at no additional cost, for eight (8) years beginning on the first day your Vehicle was delivered as new by Tesla, or the first day it is put into service (for example used as a demonstrator or company vehicle), whichever comes first."
I got this email after purchase:

Premium Connectivity 1 Year Trial​
You've been granted a complimentary 1 year trial of Premium Connectivity for your Model X VIN 7SAXCDE55NF35XXXX. It will end on August XX, 2023.​
Subscribe any time during the free trial to continue enjoying the features below.​

Reactions: Eskimo YoYo
That went quick. Woke up to a VIN: 7SAXCBE5XNF357xxx. Not the newest VIN but at least it is not months old like I had feared. EDD now 25-29th. Fortunate timing as my wife's registration on her old car is due in a couple weeks.

May'21 order. Details in sig and spreadsheet.
Hi. You might want to delay the relicensing. I paid for mine (Bainbridge Chamber of Commerce) and the licensing rep told me to not put the tab on the car because I could get a complete refund. Paid for license plates at Tesla...

I pick up my MXLR on Thursday in Cherry Hill, NJ on Thursday morning at 11:30am. My original welcome email came from the SC in Princeton, NJ and I have been emailing and calling about the car since I received my vin a week ago Sunday. I was getting all kinds of crazy replies like we will send a link when it's getting closer to delivery. I finally looked at my MVPA and saw that the car would be delivered in Cherry Hill and not Princeton. I called the Cherry Hill SC and was connected to a SA almost immediately, unlike Princeton, where I would be on hold for nearly two hours. They looked up my account and said that the car arrived this morning and I could pick a delivery time in the next four days. My wife and I are so excited now that it is really real. I never received any notice about the car other than the vin.

Got to vent. Anxiety level high. No VIN yet but EDD sep 1-22 in Kansas City. Just got off phone w Tesla Kansas City and was not helpful other that saying I’ve got 15 days from VIN but only 3 days to pick up car. I am 400 miles and, need I say, have a life. Needing to arrange transportation to KC since no trade in and no significant other. Boils down to 2 days to get to KC. I would rather deal with a blankety blankety salesman at a regular dealership than with this Tesla nonsense except that the car MX will be so good. Optimist. Thanks for letting me vent.

Got to vent. Anxiety level high. No VIN yet but EDD sep 1-22 in Kansas City. Just got off phone w Tesla Kansas City and was not helpful other that saying I’ve got 15 days from VIN but only 3 days to pick up car. I am 400 miles and, need I say, have a life. Needing to arrange transportation to KC since no trade in and no significant other. Boils down to 2 days to get to KC. I would rather deal with a blankety blankety salesman at a regular dealership than with this Tesla nonsense except that the car MX will be so good. Optimist. Thanks for letting me vent.
I'm in KC. Went by there on Sunday and they had probably 8-10 refresh Model Xs sitting in the lot. Let me know if you need me to run by and check for your VIN or anything. Happy to help.

Long time lurker. I have a 7 seater on order. June 25, 2021 order date. Current delivery window Aug 29-Sept 19. I received the call yesterday stating that my actual delivery estimate in first quarter of 2023, but if I move to Plaid, then I am guaranteed delivery in the next two weeks. Tesla will honor the 2021 Plaid pricing. Worth it?

Hi folks! First time posting here. My EDD is currently scheduled for this week (I ordered in June 2021). I was wondering if I should be concerned about quality issues because it's getting close to the end of the quarter which is where I heard certain builds can have worse QC than normal.

Any thoughts or insights from others that have taken delivery mid or end of quarter?

Thanks,

Long time lurker. I have a 7 seater on order. June 25, 2021 order date. Current delivery window Aug 29-Sept 19. I received the call yesterday stating that my actual delivery estimate in first quarter of 2023, but if I move to Plaid, then I am guaranteed delivery in the next two weeks. Tesla will honor the 2021 Plaid pricing. Worth it?
Feel like they are trying to upsell you the Plaid by lying to you about Q1 2023 delivery time. From what I’ve seen. Delivery center has ZERO clue on when you’d get VIN. You’d also get 6 seats instead of 7. Unless that’s what you want, and it’s important to get a car now, then I think it’s a bad deal

Yeah, it sounds like they are lying to you... I think the EDDs have been pretty reliable, especially in that short of a timeframe. California is about to get a huge amount of VINs in the next month, and they are mostly for May-July 2021 orders.

Hi folks! First time posting here. My EDD is currently scheduled for this week (I ordered in June 2021). I was wondering if I should be concerned about quality issues because it's getting close to the end of the quarter which is where I heard certain builds can have worse QC than normal.

Any thoughts or insights from others that have taken delivery mid or end of quarter?

Thanks,
It is barely the middle of the quarter... :) There is no quality difference depending on timing within the quarter. It is just totally random if you have a good build or not.

I am taking delivery on Saturday in Seattle, and have no concerns about it (at least in terms of timing within the quarter). Us being on the west cost the only time you will pretty much ever get a VIN is going to be towards the end of the quarter anyway, so it is not like you have a choice.

Reactions: JBTMX