Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Btw the last 2 weeks I been searching for body shops that can do clean good work on clear ppf and stealth ppf and so far I’m getting quotes of $6-$8k for full vehicle plus about $1800 for full tint. Why is everything so expensive. That extra $9k for both is such a hard pill to swallow right now

I may go without ppf🥹
Have you considered a partial (front full, base sides and rear bumper). I think they call that the showroom coverage?

Reactions: cjkosh
We picked up our Tesla LR today in Knoxville. We did not find anything wrong that we could see and the delivery went very smooth. We were allowed to inspect the car and the S/A stayed with us until we ran out of questions. She is now home in the Smoky Mountains. Thanks everyone in this forum for a lot of great advice over the past year and a special Thanks to the drone guy for the Monday and Thursday flyovers at the Tesla factory. We could not be more happy with our purchase. x3.jpg

After ordering an MXP earlier this year, getting vinned, canceling the order, then a few months later placing another MXP order but continuing to look at slightly used options (long story) I ended up finding what I feel is an exceptional deal for a White/Black MXP that includes two sets of wheels and tires - factory 20’s and T-sportline MX118 22’s, a Tsportline carbon fiber wing, T sportline aftermarket steering wheel (not installed), full frontal PPF, aftermarket weather mats, and window tint with only about 2k miles and for less than my order even after shipping…. I pulled the trigger. Will be first time buying vehicle from another state. Hope all goes according to plan while buying a very expensive vehicle without driving it first. Here are a couple preview photos, will post more upon delivery.
6284E830-DA7B-4589-81F7-30A6B918B632.jpeg
1E9DB51D-9134-4956-91A2-3311AC8D3E59.jpeg

We picked up our Tesla LR today in Knoxville. We did not find anything wrong that we could see and the delivery went very smooth. We were allowed to inspect the car and the S/A stayed with us until we ran out of questions. She is now home in the Smoky Mountains. Thanks everyone in this forum for a lot of great advice over the past year and a special Thanks to the drone guy for the Monday and Thursday flyovers at the Tesla factory. We could not be more happy with our purchase.View attachment 863980
Congratulations. Beautiful car. That red color is growing on me.

Does Tesla care who the financing is under? I reserved the car for my parents but they will be traveling during the expected delivery timeframe. I’m thinking they can get approved with the financing and give me the documents so I can take delivery on their behalf. Don’t think that should be an issue, correct?

We picked up our Tesla LR today in Knoxville. We did not find anything wrong that we could see and the delivery went very smooth. We were allowed to inspect the car and the S/A stayed with us until we ran out of questions. She is now home in the Smoky Mountains. Thanks everyone in this forum for a lot of great advice over the past year and a special Thanks to the drone guy for the Monday and Thursday flyovers at the Tesla factory. We could not be more happy with our purchase.View attachment 863980
Congrats!! 🥳 Hoping our delivery goes as smoothly today as well.

Reactions: cjkosh
Does Tesla care who the financing is under? I reserved the car for my parents but they will be traveling during the expected delivery timeframe. I’m thinking they can get approved with the financing and give me the documents so I can take delivery on their behalf. Don’t think that should be an issue, correct?
Yes they generally do care. I would contact SA multiple ppl have had issues if they weren't there. If you have time they could do a limited POA for you.

Do you have a trade-in? A bunch of people report EDD windows pushed back after telling Tesla they did *not* have a trade-in. Which looks strange, but would be good to know if true.
I never told Tesla I had a trade in at any point. I do have a model Y that I am considering trading in, but they didn’t know that. The text seems completely random. I am hoping it means VIN soon. 563 days since ordering.

After 519 days we finally took delivery this morning. Car was is really good shape. FWDs aligned well, no paint problems, panel gaps look good. Was a little glue residue in a spot or two, but was easily rubbed off. Impressed honestly. Really happy we went with the Red / Cream combo. 😁

IMG_1988.jpg

The delivery experience was another story. Our delivery experience was very underwhelming. Delivery person seemed like he didn’t really care if we were even there and had the personality and timidity of a wet mop. If we weren’t acquainted with Tesla and how things work we’d still be sitting in the parking lot figuring it all out ourselves. I feel for any new Tesla customers taking delivery from that guy. At points he made us feel sometimes like we were putting him out when we asked about things like the wheel inserts, key fobs, etc. It was a vastly different experience to when we bought our Model 3 — for the worse.