Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday, I had a 6 week window: Oct 29 - Dec 10.
Today, I have a 3 week window: Nov 1 - 22. Yay!

I’m crossing my fingers that it doesn’t come in October. I would prefer to not have another duck to fit in a row.

May ‘21 order for a base model X LR + 7 seats
Well, today I went back to a 6 week window. Dec 2 - Jan 13. That really took the wind out of my sails today but I guess it’s more likely to be a 2023 vehicle.

Just an East Coast update to try and help others waiting. Ordered Oct 2021 with an EDD of Oct 2022. EDD went down to 3 weeks from five. EDD was Sept 23rd to Oct 14. It then went to Oct 3 to Oct 24. On Sept 11th I got the trade in text. On Sept 28 I got a one week window and a vin, Oct 15th thru 22nd. Stopped by and talked with S/A and they looked it up. Tesla Model XLR 6 seater was born at 12:02 am on Sept 28th and vin was assigned at 9:10 pm later that day. On Sept 30th received a text saying our Tesla had departed from the factory and to be on the lookout for a delivery message within the next 2 weeks. On Oct 1rst, received a phone call from another S/A confirming no trade in, who's name to put the vehicle in and cash payment. S/A stated once the vehicle arrived in Birmingham it would be inspected for damage and then trucked to Knoxville for another inspection from them. Somewhere between Birmingham and Knoxville we would set up the delivery appointment. Also stated they would open the car up and we could take as long as we wanted to inspect.

Reactions: snappy1
Just an East Coast update to try and help others waiting. Ordered Oct 2021 with an EDD of Oct 2022. EDD went down to 3 weeks from five. EDD was Sept 23rd to Oct 14. It then went to Oct 3 to Oct 24. On Sept 11th I got the trade in text. On Sept 28 I got a one week window and a vin, Oct 15th thru 22nd. Stopped by and talked with S/A and they looked it up. Tesla Model XLR 6 seater was born at 12:02 am on Sept 28th and vin was assigned at 9:10 pm later that day. On Sept 30th received a text saying our Tesla had departed from the factory and to be on the lookout for a delivery message within the next 2 weeks. On Oct 1rst, received a phone call from another S/A confirming no trade in, who's name to put the vehicle in and cash payment. S/A stated once the vehicle arrived in Birmingham it would be inspected for damage and then trucked to Knoxville for another inspection from them. Somewhere between Birmingham and Knoxville we would set up the delivery appointment. Also stated they would open the car up and we could take as long as we wanted to inspect.
Chico, our experience and communication with Tesla was similar to yours In September 2022. Ordered it in October 2021 when you did. Our MXLR 5 seater was delivered to the Ownings Mills Maryland Service Center when Tesla said it was going to arrive. Had as much time to inspect. Vehicle was flawless. No misalignment, or gaps, paint excellent interior perfect. We wanted a fob in addition to the phone key and they have been sold out for months. Contacted service the day before delivery and they made arrangements to get one and have it programmed. Could not get the all weather liner that fits the 2022 MX. Apparently they are not yet being manufactured. The front all weather mats (not liners) fit. One software issue is that my wife‘s texts don’t go to the MX. Everyone else ‘s text work fine. The settings seem correct. Think it is an Apple issue. it’s the same thing with our Model S. My wife thinks I love the Tesla’s more than her. It is close, but my wife still wins.

Section 179 mileage % will be determined by how much you business use your car until the end of this year. To optimize this deduction I would use it at a high % for business till end of December.
is it the end of the year or for up to 5 years it has to used for business? To claim the full bonus depreciation use it for your business 100% till end of the year.

However, does the IRS have the ability to ask you next year for your business miles etc?

Sorry for the late reply -- I Finally took delivery of my MXLR, MSM, 6 Seats, no FSD, and 20" wheels. Pick-up was seamless; the only issue was waiting for the gentleman in front of me to finish taking delivery of his MXLR (it took the guy forever). He kept arguing that he thought the wall connector was included in the price. Then he had no idea how to charge, where to charge, or how it works. You'd think people would do some research.

No issues to note so far!

Initial impressions:
-Incredibly smooth ride compared to 2021 MY
-Very comfortable with little to no panel gaps or trim issues
-Fit 6 full-size adults with zero issues for an afternoon of sightseeing etc...
-Cannot play games on the rear screen (what the heck, what's the point?)
-FAST
-Gorgeous car. Pictures cannot do it justice
- I was skeptical, but as others have said, most definitely worth the wait
-No key fobs, no mobile charger (received $200 coupon). I took the mobile charger from my MY. Not sure what to do with the coupon, as it can only be used for a new mobile connector or wall charger.

Timeline:
Ordered: 9.15.2021
EDD: MAR-APR 2022
Trade-in Text: 9.09.2022
VIN: 9.28.2022 +- day or two
Build Date: 09.29.2022
Scheduled for Pickup: 10.04.2022 (for a 10.15 delivery, but was delayed until...)
Picked up: 10.19.2022

Chico, our experience and communication with Tesla was similar to yours In September 2022. Ordered it in October 2021 when you did. Our MXLR 5 seater was delivered to the Ownings Mills Maryland Service Center when Tesla said it was going to arrive. Had as much time to inspect. Vehicle was flawless. No misalignment, or gaps, paint excellent interior perfect. We wanted a fob in addition to the phone key and they have been sold out for months. Contacted service the day before delivery and they made arrangements to get one and have it programmed. Could not get the all weather liner that fits the 2022 MX. Apparently they are not yet being manufactured. The front all weather mats (not liners) fit. One software issue is that my wife‘s texts don’t go to the MX. Everyone else ‘s text work fine. The settings seem correct. Think it is an Apple issue. it’s the same thing with our Model S. My wife thinks I love the Tesla’s more than her. It is close, but my wife still wins.
Solved the text problem. Notifications need to be from the person sending the text as well. Y At the message list on the right side, there is a gray bell icon. . If there is a slash through, notifications are off and the Tesla will not pick up the text. That individual has to click on the circle at the top identifirs who they are. A contact screen comes up, the and turn off Hide Alerts. That should solve the problems. info about iPhone only.

Picked up my 2023 Model X, MSM/Black, 7 seats, 20", FSD today. Very pleasant experience and fit and finish were great. Only one small problem with a couple of small dents on the bottom window mounding on one falcon door which is already scheduled for mobile service. Well worth the wait. Love it! A giant step up from my Model Y, which I thought I really liked!

Last edited:
How much are y’all saving on this? I own my own business but only use the vehicle for like 40-50% business use.
With bonus accelerated depreciation. You can write off the whole purchase in 1 year.

So depending on your tax bracket and the cost of buying the car. It could be significant savings. Especially for those that does 100% business use case. Just remember to log your miles. MileIQ from Microsoft is my fav.

-ThinkMac-

Reactions: Ryan.Sterling