Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Heads up on trade ins.
Have a 2018 MX on the basic side but with FSD trading in next week on 2023 MX
KBB was 47K
Carvana 49K
Driveway 52.5K
Tesla (Always used in past) 20.5K
Now that's a big Huh?
Interesting. I'm also trading in a 2018 MX (P100D) tomorrow (at Decatur). 64k miles on it. Carvana was offering $68k in September, but was $55k as of this week. Vroom was $46k. Tesla was $56k. So I ended up going with Tesla. I was surprised Carvana dropped so much in just 2 months, but I guess the market is cooling off now. I didn't try the others.

Like other have said, they wont hold it. Most likely outcome is that they will cancel your order and you will have to order again at current prices and be put in the back of the line.
Can attest to this. We just got our X earlier than expected (Apr ‘22 OD and EDD Feb-Apr ‘23). We were contacted by local SA that our config was immediately available, Tesla wouldn’t say the exact reason but said it definitely wasn’t a rejected VIN. They were right. Car is perfect and we love it! We are happy Christmas came early, but I think they need warnings and a *very* clear, consistent policy regarding these auto-cancellations.

Reactions: snappy1
Not sure if this is off topic - but has anyone titled the vehicle in their corp ? Just curious how Tesla's process is... Will reach out to them shortly but figured get a head start here 👍
Yes, I've done it with all 3 of my Teslas. There was no issue. I suggest bringing a copy of your articles of incorporation/organization and business license. If you have a corporate seal, bring that too just in case. They will likely have you sign a corporate resolution as part of the closing process. The vehicle registration always has shown both my name and my company's name.

I finally got a VIN for my Model X LR order but I’m not ready to take delivery. Order date was Sep 2021.

Anybody know what is the process for holding your order? I don’t see an option on my account page. I shot out an email to the SA to hold it for 6 months. Thanks.

Warning! Don’t do it, man! They will cancel your order. No more holds on old orders with lower prices. If you want the vehicle, I suggest finding a way to purchase now or you will miss out on this reservation/price book.

Like other have said, they wont hold it. Most likely outcome is that they will cancel your order and you will have to order again at current prices and be put in the back of the line.

Can attest to this. We just got our X earlier than expected (Apr ‘22 OD and EDD Feb-Apr ‘23). We were contacted by local SA that our config was immediately available, Tesla wouldn’t say the exact reason but said it definitely wasn’t a rejected VIN. They were right. Car is perfect and we love it! We are happy Christmas came early, but I think they need warnings and a *very* clear, consistent policy regarding these auto-cancellations.

I was able to get the SA to remove the assigned VIN from my profile and put me on a 7 day hold which is the maximum they will hold it for.

After the hold is lifted I will be put back in queue and I will have to take delivery of the next VIN that gets assigned to me. If I deny that delivery the order will be auto canceled. I appreciate it since it gives me a few weeks, hopefully more, to sort this out.

Not sure if this is off topic - but has anyone titled the vehicle in their corp ? Just curious how Tesla's process is... Will reach out to them shortly but figured get a head start here 👍
We've done a couple corporate leases with Tesla and it was no different than personal except for the name they put on the registration and title. Never provided any resolutions/articles (though we have with other manufacturers, just not Tesla) Sunday will be our first corporate purchase so I'll let you know if that's different.

Some people with refreshes have been successful creating a service ticket saying the car didn't have required fobs (even though they aren't required) using the I reserved before it was canceled excuse. Some service depts/techs have approved and given a free fob others (like mine) stated not given anymore sorry order one.
This worked for me. I filed a service request that the fobs weren’t included on delivery. The mobile service tech brought by two. No problem.

I was able to get the SA to remove the assigned VIN from my profile and put me on a 7 day hold which is the maximum they will hold it for.

After the hold is lifted I will be put back in queue and I will have to take delivery of the next VIN that gets assigned to me. If I deny that delivery the order will be auto canceled. I appreciate it since it gives me a few weeks, hopefully more, to sort this out.
Best to have a record of those promise (to put you on hold and back to queue) - in case your order suddenly disappears. GLWH.

Reactions: vikings123

I think they did something like this for me… after the 7 days they matched me to my original VIN 🤷‍♂️

• Funny
Reactions: vikings123
Unexpectedly VIN PF368 (2023) was assigned to order RN1163 placed 1/2022. All the time EDD was Feb - May 2023, and suddenly VN come.
This in MX LR, 20", White/Black. Pretty much default configuration. I'm affraid, this is rejected by someone vehicle. We had already accepted "rejected" MS Plaid, still fighting within SC.
Question, how can I put order on hold or skip this VIN ? I do not want to cancel order though. Just timing is not the best....

Unexpectedly VIN PF368 (2023) was assigned to order RN1163 placed 1/2022. All the time EDD was Feb - May 2023, and suddenly VN come.
This in MX LR, 20", White/Black. Pretty much default configuration. I'm affraid, this is rejected by someone vehicle. We had already accepted "rejected" MS Plaid, still fighting within SC.
Question, how can I put order on hold or skip this VIN ? I do not want to cancel order though. Just timing is not the best....

Just go and have a look at it, if it is good enough, pick it up, if it is not, you'll get a new one and pass this on.

Similar story here. I ordered my Model X in August 2022 and settled for 10-12 months wait. My delivery date range was March - June 2023 but as of two days ago changed to Feb 6th - Apr 9th. And today app is showing the VIN of 2023 Model X on my order - 7SAXCDE55PF365XXX. Not sure what is going on. VIN number is pretty low compared to what I have seen in the tracking spreadsheet but it is still 2023. Plus seems very early to have a VIN 4 months before estimated delivery.

We've done a couple corporate leases with Tesla and it was no different than personal except for the name they put on the registration and title. Never provided any resolutions/articles (though we have with other manufacturers, just not Tesla) Sunday will be our first corporate purchase so I'll let you know if that's different.
With a half decent CPA, you can allocate the cost over to your business easily.

Interest rates for corp are $$$$