Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Similar story here. I ordered my Model X in August 2022 and settled for 10-12 months wait. My delivery date range was March - June 2023 but as of two days ago changed to Feb 6th - Apr 9th. And today app is showing the VIN of 2023 Model X on my order - 7SAXCDE55PF365XXX. Not sure what is going on. VIN number is pretty low compared to what I have seen in the tracking spreadsheet but it is still 2023. Plus seems very early to have a VIN 4 months before estimated delivery.
Take a look at it. If it's a rejected VIN you should be able to tell easily.

Wanted to mention and give a shout out to Tenet Energy, Inc who did my EV loan. I mentioned them many pages back to see if any other members had used them and didn't get any traction. They seem to be very new, but they have a product no one else offers being a ballon or deferred payment at the end of the loan. I used to work in the car business and 10+ years ago BMW was famous for their balloon loans, but not in a good way, as the cars were sold in such huge volumes that their residual value was horrible which left many people in unfavorable situations with huge negative equity, or having to finance a huge amount on a car that was already 5-6 years old, out of warranty, over book value, etc. Anyway, as we know Teslas are basically the opposite with respect to residual value. With my MX being an old price order, I cannot imagine a scenario where this could get me into trouble or be a bad idea. Although the rate I got is slightly higher than what Tesla offers, I was able to do an 84 month term and $24,000 deferred payment, which leaves me with a monthly payment $300-400 less than where I would be with traditional financing.

The application and funding process was very smooth and took a total of 4 business days to fund. Their communication was overall good when they were reachable. A few occasions it took longer than expected to receive responses, but since I started the process 10 days from my scheduled delivery, not a big deal. My amount financed of $94,xxx was funded to Tesla on day 4. Shockingly, at this point they have not done a hard credit inquiry, only a soft pull to approve my loan.

For the record, I didn't need Tenet to be able to afford the car. If I had to use conventional financing I would have, but why not have a much lower monthly payment, especially since I am probably 50/50 on whether not I will actually keep the car for more than a few months. Hopefully I will receive a flawless vehicle that I can enjoy for many years.

Tenet

Wanted to mention and give a shout out to Tenet Energy, Inc who did my EV loan. I mentioned them many pages back to see if any other members had used them and didn't get any traction. They seem to be very new, but they have a product no one else offers being a ballon or deferred payment at the end of the loan. I used to work in the car business and 10+ years ago BMW was famous for their balloon loans, but not in a good way, as the cars were sold in such huge volumes that their residual value was horrible which left many people in unfavorable situations with huge negative equity, or having to finance a huge amount on a car that was already 5-6 years old, out of warranty, over book value, etc. Anyway, as we know Teslas are basically the opposite with respect to residual value. With my MX being an old price order, I cannot imagine a scenario where this could get me into trouble or be a bad idea. Although the rate I got is slightly higher than what Tesla offers, I was able to do an 84 month term and $24,000 deferred payment, which leaves me with a monthly payment $300-400 less than where I would be with traditional financing.

The application and funding process was very smooth and took a total of 4 business days to fund. Their communication was overall good when they were reachable. A few occasions it took longer than expected to receive responses, but since I started the process 10 days from my scheduled delivery, not a big deal. My amount financed of $94,xxx was funded to Tesla on day 4. Shockingly, at this point they have not done a hard credit inquiry, only a soft pull to approve my loan.

For the record, I didn't need Tenet to be able to afford the car. If I had to use conventional financing I would have, but why not have a much lower monthly payment, especially since I am probably 50/50 on whether not I will actually keep the car for more than a few months. Hopefully I will receive a flawless vehicle that I can enjoy for many years.

Tenet

sounds like a great option given rapidly rising interest rates

Reactions: yachtbroker
Similar story here. I ordered my Model X in August 2022 and settled for 10-12 months wait. My delivery date range was March - June 2023 but as of two days ago changed to Feb 6th - Apr 9th. And today app is showing the VIN of 2023 Model X on my order - 7SAXCDE55PF365XXX. Not sure what is going on. VIN number is pretty low compared to what I have seen in the tracking spreadsheet but it is still 2023. Plus seems very early to have a VIN 4 months before estimated delivery.
mine is 368. Indeed 365 seems early one.

Anyway, I put my order on hold till May. I do not feel that now is great time to buy ;)

How were you able to put the order on hold until May?
it happened naturally.... I got call from tesla yesterday within reminder to schedule pickup, then I got it today and missed it. Basically I wanted to reject delivery. Then I got email which stated

"If you do not schedule delivery by 4PM tomorrow, your Model X will be released to the next available customer and your order will be placed on hold. Orders that remain on hold beyond May 1, 2023 may be subject to cancellation.
"

I did not have a choice ;) Requested on hold.

PS tesla pushes hard. Like yesterday VIN assigned and pickup must be done in 2 days. I wish them to be so responsible in service, when they cannot perform simple operations. LMAO

• Informative
Reactions: geometro
it happened naturally.... I got call from tesla yesterday within reminder to schedule pickup, then I got it today and missed it. Basically I wanted to reject delivery. Then I got email which stated

"If you do not schedule delivery by 4PM tomorrow, your Model X will be released to the next available customer and your order will be placed on hold. Orders that remain on hold beyond May 1, 2023 may be subject to cancellation.
"

I did not have a choice ;) Requested on hold.

PS tesla pushes hard. Like yesterday VIN assigned and pickup must be done in 2 days. I wish them to be so responsible in service, when they cannot perform simple operations. LMAO
This is good news.
Update us after 31 days. :cool:

This is good news.
Update us after 31 days. :cool:
I was scheduled for a pick up of my 2023 Model X this afternoon at 1:45 PM (Michigan). Got a call from Tesla (NC number) that the car will not arrive at the SC till next Friday (8 days late)!!!

After 18 months (ordered Feb 2021) of being abused by Tesla, all I could do was laugh on the phone when I got the call.

Very pathetic and completely incompetent logistics and customer service departments. I have bought many cars in this price range, it is only Tesla that made me feel like they were doing me a favor by taking my money!!!!

PS: this is my third Tesla, so this is not an anecdotal observation.

I was scheduled for a pick up of my 2023 Model X this afternoon at 1:45 PM (Michigan). Got a call from Tesla (NC number) that the car will not arrive at the SC till next Friday (8 days late)!!!

After 18 months (ordered Feb 2021) of being abused by Tesla, all I could do was laugh on the phone when I got the call.

Very pathetic and completely incompetent logistics and customer service departments. I have bought many cars in this price range, it is only Tesla that made me feel like they were doing me a favor by taking my money!!!!

PS: this is my third Tesla, so this is not an anecdotal observation.
Makes you wonder if they loaded the wrong car on the carrier 🤣

Our X has supposedly arrived early in Alpharetta and so my delivery appt has moved up from Nov 7 to Nov 5th!
Getting financing the the balance finalized through DCCU at 2.98%, got insurance set up. The end is in sight! May 21 order.
Oh wow congrats. My pickup is showing Kennesaw for some reason even though my address is in Alpharetta. My order is May 25th still showing delivery date Nov 04 - Nov 13th.

Reactions: Jwalker9
Took delivery yesterday in Decatur, GA. Ordered May 2021. Got 2023 MXLR, red, white interior, 6-seat, 20", FSD. Was allowed plenty of time to look over the entire car, inside and out. Had no issues during delivery other than back left bumper was sticking out a tiny bit. They had a guy work on it while I waited and made it better. Everything else was great. Upgrading from a 2018 MX P100D. The new X is definitely quieter and feels more solid. Suspension is clearly better than my old one. Biggest thing I miss is the key fobs. I've ordered them already, but didn't realize just how much I used them (lots of frunk opening, and FWD opens for kids to get into the car. Using the app doesn't even come close to comparing for ease of use). Took a while to get all the options set the way I like. The way the new model applies brakes at stops makes it true 1-pedal driving, something I never had in my older Teslas. Overall, very pleased with the upgrade. Can't wait to try it on a roadtrip.