Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just received this text from Tesla:

Message from Tesla: We are reaching out in regards to your Model X appointment. At this time, we have tentatively rescheduled your appointment to Nov 20 due to a firmware update that is required on your vehicle. Although this isn't optimal, we want to provide you with the best Tesla experience. If your vehicle is available sooner we will reach out and reschedule your appointment to a date and time that works best for you. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

This is very frustrating. My delivery appointment date has been moved now 3 times.

Message from Tesla: We are reaching out in regards to your Model X appointment. At this time, we have tentatively rescheduled your appointment to Nov 20 due to a firmware update that is required on your vehicle. Although this isn't optimal, we want to provide you with the best Tesla experience. If your vehicle is available sooner we will reach out and reschedule your appointment to a date and time that works best for you. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

This is very frustrating. My delivery appointment date has been moved now 3 times.
Same. They moved me 3 times for the firmware to 11/20. However, I will be on vacation starting that day. Asking them if I can move it to 11/27, and they said no. What!? They rescheduled me 3 times and I can’t even reschedule once? Anyone have suggestions how to deal with delivery day while you are out of town? Can I have someone else pick up on my behalf?

Same here.

Reactions: GhostExodus
Same. They moved me 3 times for the firmware to 11/20. However, I will be on vacation starting that day. Asking them if I can move it to 11/27, and they said no. What!? They rescheduled me 3 times and I can’t even reschedule once? Anyone have suggestions how to deal with delivery day while you are out of town? Can I have someone else pick up on my behalf?
I am also going on vacation on the 20th through the end of the month. I called Tesla and didn’t ask for them to reschedule but rather told them that they need to figure it out on their end lol. Tesla rep told me they were going to contact the service center and get back to me later today. Rep also said I wasn’t the first person to call today about this situation.

I’m calling Tesla back at Noon eastern to ask for an update.

got a call confirming delivery for tomorrow but they are STILL waiting for that firmware to be pushed to the car. They said they should have it tonight or tomorrow, but it's tesla so it's going to be delayed.
Yeah, me too! I got a call about 5 minutes ago saying everything is fine, and there's no reason it can't be delivered on 11/17. BTW, I'm taking a delivery in Marina Del Rey.

Reactions: everydaychris

Update: Tesla rep said that my vehicle should be arriving at the Delivery Location (Miami Gardens) today and the firmware update should be done on site. They wouldn’t move my delivery date from the tentative date of 11/20 but did say that they are confident I can get delivery tomorrow/Thursday

Reactions: everydaychris
Yeah, me too! I got a call about 5 minutes ago saying everything is fine, and there's no reason it can't be delivered on 11/17. BTW, I'm taking a delivery in Marina Del Rey.
I am yet to receive the call. Did you guys call or did tesla call you? I was told by the rep initially that if firmware update comes early pickup could be early; but under my account it is still showing as 11/20 for now. Have vacation planned and this is frustrating.

Reactions: GhostExodus