Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder if the firmware update is dependent on the Service Center (manually) or if Tesla themselves are updating in batches
When I talked to them today, they told me it will be pushed based on delivery date and time. I told them well my delivery was today. So they told they will update it to tomorrow instead of Sunday keeping in mind if everything will go smoothly otherwise it will be Sunday for sure.

just got off the phone with my advisor-- confirmed that firmware is installed and pick up is tomorrow.
Just got off phone with a an FA (firmware advisor). The only thing he definitively said was that there was a firmware issue with 2023 cars. When I asked him if cars delivered Nov 1-10 were dangerous to drive he got flustered and admitted he knew almost nothing. The good news is that my car has made it to Birmingham and should make the final 150 mile trip in time for tomorrow morning's delivery.

I can't find it in the X owner's manual. Try this from the 3 or Y.
Just got off phone with a an FA (firmware advisor). The only thing he definitively said was that there was a firmware issue with 2023 cars. When I asked him if cars delivered Nov 1-10 were dangerous to drive he got flustered and admitted he knew almost nothing. The good news is that my car has made it to Birmingham and should make the final 150 mile trip in time for tomorrow morning's delivery.
When do they plan to update the firmware?

Got text messge from Tesla

Tesla Update - great news! Your Model X (RNXXXXXXXX) is expected to be delivered in the next several weeks.

We will be in touch with updates in the coming weeks and look forward to helping you take delivery of your Tesla.

In the meantime, you can track your estimated delivery timing in your Tesla app.

Reactions: Edtreo and snappy1
Took delivery today
So far right falcon wing won't close properly 1 out 4 tries.
Intermittent

Drove off the lot and suspension very bouncy
Dash said suspension calibrating on the bottom it said suspension needs servicing

Fit Finish looks great....found nothing out of the ordinary

Just stuck here so I can go home

Attachments

• 20221116_135708.jpg
    20221116_135708.jpg
    593.9 KB · Views: 122
Was scheduled to pick up 2023 Model X at 11 AM tomorrow.
5 minutes ago received a call saying that due to a "Firmware Update" the car would not be ready until November 17 or after. WTF??
This is ridiculous (a firmware update that takes over a week?) but the timing is also bad. Selling my 2018 X today. Great timing for the new car tomorrow right?
Sheesh.
Anyone else get this call?

It does say 11/16 in my account/app. In text with my advisor, they mentioned I am still on for tomorrow (Wednesday). Thing is, the first time I was rescheduled, it was the day of and I was already enroute to pick up the X (and subsequently, had to turn around). So, time will tell.

UPDATE: This morning (11/16) I received a text stating the firmware pushed to the X overnight and we're safe to come take delivery. We did with success around noon, outside of Chicago. Fit and finish looks great, drives straight, very nimble for such a heavy/large vehicle. I actually don't mind the yoke, either. 3 hour drive home with a mix of expressway and backroads, seemed to be a great way to try things out. Very different from my Model 3 Performance - however both are excellent vehicles in their own way.

Got the car!
I'm so tired.. Overall not bad.
The falcon wing door is insanely complex so there's random areas that are loose.
Had some scratches with black paint but they buffed it out
Rear wheel trim was misaligned but will be fixed at service visit.

Rattling near the a pillar speaker but fixed it with some hard bangs

Will report later as I need to do a deeper inspection!