Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Damn, sorry to hear that.

I had mine delivered last week (Belgium), RN was RN11563xxxxx
Order date was september 21

Have they given any reason ? Europe has had quite a lot of MXP delivered lately
At Tesla Munich they are clueless. It is pointed out that Fremont does not provide any information. Another reason is that there are no trucks that can pick up the cars from Zeebrugge. Perhaps it is also due to the relatively low price in Jan 2021 and that later orders may be preferred.

Just got this e-mail from Tesla saying that my order is on hold and that it will be canceled if I don't take it off hold. Gotta admit I'm annoyed that my order got pushed back so far, and now the cancel/hold without even trying to deliver now that we are close to the estimated dates is weird. Also, with HW4, the price decrease and no state incentives anymore, I don't see much upside to taking delivery now. For the slight current price increase, I think I'll roll the dice and see if there are some changes, and maybe even a price decrease later in the year.

Just got this e-mail from Tesla saying that my order is on hold and that it will be canceled if I don't take it off hold. Gotta admit I'm annoyed that my order got pushed back so far, and now the cancel/hold without even trying to deliver now that we are close to the estimated dates is weird. Also, with HW4, the price decrease and no state incentives anymore, I don't see much upside to taking delivery now. For the slight current price increase, I think I'll roll the dice and see if there are some changes, and maybe even a price decrease later in the year.
I am on the same boat. But my EDD was March-June 2023 at the time of order. So my request for putting a hold on the order till March 1st was accepted with no question asked. Now, they want me to remove the hold MYSELF by Feb 16 or it will get cancelled automatically.

Well, it looks like the sales of Model X have really tanked and they don’t want to wait 12 more days (till March 1) as they’ve honored the request. What would you do if you were me? I’d bet another round of price cut on MX and MS is coming soon, anyone agrees?

I am on the same boat. But my EDD was March-June 2023 at the time of order. So my request for putting a hold on the order till March 1st was accepted with no question asked. Now, they want me to remove the hold MYSELF by Feb 16 or it will get cancelled automatically.

Well, it looks like the sales of Model X have really tanked and they don’t want to wait 12 more days (till March 1) as they’ve honored the request. What would you do if you were me? I’d bet another round of price cut on MX and MS is coming soon, anyone agrees?
They finally contacted me, by text. I never put my order one hold, but I told them to cancel it. I said for 100k, I don't want to be jerked around. I know whoever is sending the text doesn't care, but a 100k vehicle is not a necessity, so I'm not going to buy it if I have a sour taste.

Reactions: neo1738 and tonyss
I ended up getting a vin earlier than expected so I asked to put my order on hold until my original EDD. My order was automatically taken off hold on the requested date and a vin was assigned a few days later.
I get the feeling they are trying to get all production allocated/delivered before they announce changes (HW4? hi-res radar?) that will affect the desirability of the current vehicles... If in the US, I wouldn't take delivery now (and that's exactly what I did).

Also, I def not need plaid, but at only $3.5K more than a 6-seater LR that is tempting as I like the carbon fiber interior. I need all the range I can get, but supercharging the 2023 MX is so much faster than my 2016 one that maybe I can live with the range loss...

Last edited:
Something is going on. There was a HUGE dump of Model X LR and Plaid into available inventory today in the US. Predominately demo cars. Clearing out for upcoming delivers? My delivery window starts tomorrow but there’s a demo Plaid in my exact config for $6k off retail in my area. Manufactured date is 12/2022. 🤔

Good discount on inventory/ demo vehicles
This has >8k discount

Reactions: jasondclinton
Something is going on. There was a HUGE dump of Model X LR and Plaid into available inventory today in the US. Predominately demo cars. Clearing out for upcoming delivers? My delivery window starts tomorrow but there’s a demo Plaid in my exact config for $6k off retail in my area. Manufactured date is 12/2022. 🤔

Good discount on inventory/ demo vehicles
Almost all the inventory in NC (less than 10 cars) have been marked down
No new build listed for US inventory since Jan 13.
I am waiting to see how far our the throw it this time my next EDD
My current EDD range is 2/12 - 3/19
510 number sends text every so often to bring discounted cars to my attention. None so far have been in my preferred combo.

Almost all the inventory in NC (less than 10 cars) have been marked down
No new build listed for US inventory since Jan 13.
I am waiting to see how far our the throw it this time my next EDD
My current EDD range is 2/12 - 3/19
510 number sends text every so often to bring discounted cars to my attention. None so far have been in my preferred combo.
Called the dealership where the car is located. Confirmed the car is on site inside the studio as their “showroom model.” Only has 10 miles and never test-driven. Appears the discount is $6300 off a new model with the exact specs of my order (albeit without the round steering wheel…I ordered “no yoke”). Waiting on the sales rep to call me back to see if the demo qualifies for the $3k trade in promotion since I’d be trading in my 2021 Model XLR for 2023 Plaid. I know people have had their hands all over the inside of the car but they assured me it would be totally cleaned before delivery.

Anyone have thoughts about possibly taking delivery of a floor model for $9300 off retail? Sure there’s no chance of me getting a HW4 refresh but that’s no guarantee either. My wife seems to think it’s a no brainer since everything would still be under warranty.

🤔 🤔

Called the dealership where the car is located. Confirmed the car is on site inside the studio as their “showroom model.” Only has 10 miles and never test-driven. Appears the discount is $6300 off a new model with the exact specs of my order (albeit without the round steering wheel…I ordered “no yoke”). Waiting on the sales rep to call me back to see if the demo qualifies for the $3k trade in promotion since I’d be trading in my 2021 Model XLR for 2023 Plaid. I know people have had their hands all over the inside of the car but they assured me it would be totally cleaned before delivery.

Anyone have thoughts about possibly taking delivery of a floor model for $9300 off retail? Sure there’s no chance of me getting a HW4 refresh but that’s no guarantee either. My wife seems to think it’s a no brainer since everything would still be under warranty.

🤔 🤔
Sounds like a great deal to me.

Reactions: richmich15