Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks, I’m getting nervous with some of these responses towards how bad they are. Now granted, I can turn my brights most of the time as the roads we travel on have few oncoming traffic at a constant rate. Hopefully the brights help really light up the pathway on these sketch roads.

Headlights are fine. Don't sweat it. We visited my in laws in rural areas and live in a city. It's great in any situation but the high beam auto needs help. Still it's better than my old S.

I wasn’t aware of aftermarket lights. Any good recommendations?
I have seen some posted, cannot recommend any.

Do the fog lights really add that much better lighting?
They do on my refresh MS. I can't speak for the MX but I have read that it helps.

How reasonable is it think if Tesla X comes available with matrix lights, I can swap them for current?
Unlikely. Can't put matrix lights on the pre refresh MS for example

Reactions: GoVols!
FWIW customer service person said that this car DOES have HW4 and Phoenix radar.

@aoysgelt - Mine is very similar - "MDLX,MTX13,PMNG,WX00,APBS,CC04,SC04,CPF0,IBE00,ST0Y". I am missing APF2 though.

My spec is 7 seats, yoke, MSM, LR, black seats.

My advisor said it was HW4, then later said they can't confirm as Tesla hasn't officially announced HW4. They did say it has the latest hardware though.

Over here running with fog lights is not allowed unless vision is less than 200m for front and less than 50m for rear fog light. You risk getting fined if you do, although never heard of anyone actually getting fined.

Especially people running with their rear fog light in non fog conditions is pretty annoying though.

Reactions: lsds
Over here running with fog lights is not allowed unless vision is less than 200m for front and less than 50m for rear fog light. You risk getting fined if you do, although never heard of anyone actually getting fined.

Especially people running with their rear fog light in non fog conditions is pretty annoying though.
I thought rear fog lights only worked in reverse?

We have a 2015 W213 Mercedes which has some of the best lights I’ve ever experienced. X is disappointing compared to that car, considering it’s 6 years newer, but it’s fine. Not a “deal breaker” or anything like that. Just typical tesla stuff - great at some things, below average on others

Reactions: jbrowdy and croman
March 3rd
Mine was apparently made on same day… so I shall check the b pillar… my last model x had a door seal that came unstuck and would hang out the bottom of door that I never fixed over 30k miles 🫣.

With this model x, I promise to do better.

This is our 3rd model x because my wife keeps getting her X totaled!

In both instances someone hit her and both 100% not her fault…. Though I am sure to tell her otherwise.

I tell her I tell people my wife destroys model X’s for breakfast

We have a 2015 W213 Mercedes which has some of the best lights I’ve ever experienced. X is disappointing compared to that car, considering it’s 6 years newer, but it’s fine. Not a “deal breaker” or anything like that. Just typical tesla stuff - great at some things, below average on others
Ditto on the lights on Wifey's '19 S 560. Best ever, until I got the refresh MS. Auto brights are not as consistent or good as my '15 MS. I think they need adjustment.

It seems odd that the MX does the best light show kinematics, but has non matrix lights.

Hello to all ! Small question, I did a VIN decoder with the hidden VIN I found on my Tesla page and I noticed that the second "C" in the VIN (7SAXCCE59PF3871XX) is for "Manual Type 2 Seat Belts (Front Row, Center Row*2, Third Row*2) With Front Airbags, PODS, Side Inflatable Restraints". Does it means that the car is a 6 seater? A friend of mine has the exact same car config and he also have the second "C" in his VIN but we both ordered a 7 seater...

Tried to take delivery today. Missing clips in frunk plastic pieces, loose b-pillar (housing camera), and quite mismatched hood. Loose b-pillar I did not want to deal with - let's see if they fix it, rematch, or something else.
Sigh....said frunk clips should be solved by now after 10 years

Held in place by the excellent 3M foam tape and dual lock....but you have to have clean surface, press for 60 seconds, and no load for 24 hrs.

Freemont assy couldn't care less it seems.