Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed model S key fob

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it possible to pair the refreshed Model S/X key fob with a Model 3/Y? I know this wasn't possible before the refresh, but the pairing process for the refreshed Model S/X fobs looks eerily similar to the pairing process for 3/Y fobs.

Would be great if someone with both cars could try it out and report back :)

Is it possible to pair the refreshed Model S/X key fob with a Model 3/Y? I know this wasn't possible before the refresh, but the pairing process for the refreshed Model S/X fobs looks eerily similar to the pairing process for 3/Y fobs.

Did you ever find out if this works?

I’ve gone through several fob cover options over the years with 4 Teslas. The leather ones work best for me.

Here’s a photo of mine. The blue one is for our Blue Model 3 and the red one is for my Red Plaid Model S
1CFB2656-9EAD-4A83-A97A-EDA740614A45.jpeg

I did and can confirm this works. Helped because it was cheaper to buy the Model S key rather than the Model 3 key.
Damn. Too late I guess. Lol

I ended up getting a 3/Y one cuz I couldn’t find an answer.

The reason I was asking is because I always see S/X fobs selling super cheap, like $80.

Buts it’s cool, I only paid $10 for a brand new one from someone.

Reactions: patriot0331

Just an FYI, we Turo rented a 2021 3 this week on vacation. Had done before and the card is a pain to use when don't own car so can't use your phone. Brought our refreshed X key fob along this time and very simple to tie it to the 3. Now walk up and car use door handle right away to get in. Plus a simple double squeeze of FOB rear while in pocket and trunk opens. That beats the phone app any day.

As a side note, the FOB isn't 100% sensed in pocket like on the X. Have to remove from pocket and place on B pillar sometimes to get into car. Still better than using card.

Reactions: TechVP and Bull