Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Refreshed" Model S model VIBRATION tracking and information thread!!!

What version of "Refreshed" Model S do you drive?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree and I hope they find some type of resolution soon.

Honestly - I tried to stay away from the forums this time with the model S. I barely inspected the car when I took delivery and planned on simply driving it as is. I can live with the misaligned panels/missing weather trim pieces/minor paint issues but the vibration issue yesterday was bad enough for me to look it up. Who knew there would be 50 pages on it. 😞 Having said this, I'm going to try to get used to it.

I agree and I hope they find some type of resolution soon.

Honestly - I tried to stay away from the forums this time with the model S. I barely inspected the car when I took delivery and planned on simply driving it as is. I can live with the misaligned panels/missing weather trim pieces/minor paint issues but the vibration issue yesterday was bad enough for me to look it up. Who knew there would be 50 pages on it. 😞 Having said this, I'm going to try to get used to it.

When does your vibration happen?

When does your vibration happen?

It varies but typically anywhere between 30-48/50 mph then around 70-75 mph. Only happens on slight acceleration - which is quite annoying as I do that often to maintain speed. I'm leaning towards purchasing forged wheels, new tires, and lowering links/camber arms to see if they will help. Then again, sunk cost fallacy comes to mind at this point.

It varies but typically anywhere between 30-48/50 mph then around 70-75 mph. Only happens on slight acceleration - which is quite annoying as I do that often to maintain speed. I'm leaning towards purchasing forged wheels, new tires, and lowering links/camber arms to see if they will help. Then again, sunk cost fallacy comes to mind at this point.
That wont fix the vibration.

My 80+ mph vibration is there regardless of if I’m accelerating, like unbalanced tires, but they’ve been road forced balanced 4 times. SC even replaced a rim, and front camber arms. Going back to SC tomorrow for 4th time. Maybe this time they’ll actually replace my non-working subwoofer

• Informative
Reactions: jebinc
My 80+ mph vibration is there regardless of if I’m accelerating, like unbalanced tires, but they’ve been road forced balanced 4 times. SC even replaced a rim, and front camber arms. Going back to SC tomorrow for 4th time. Maybe this time they’ll actually replace my non-working subwoofer
Sounds like your ‘23 was a downgrade from the ‘21. It really sucks how Tesla is managing the model S. Take it or leave it approach.

I have a September, 21 plaid with 19 inch wheels. I have had no vibration issues since delivery.
Other issues mostly resolved.
I am transferring FSD & trading it
for a ‘23 ultra red plan within the next two weeks or so just waiting for the VIN.
I was hoping that most of these early production issues had been resolved. After reading many recent posts in this thread…
Having more concerns.
Feel free to chime in if you just took delivery of a plaid model S
I took delivery of my beautiful Ultra Red MSP in June. I am returning it. The vibration/buzzing drives me insane.

I hear you - I have slight vibrations like unbalanced tires as well across 30-50 mph and 70 plus. The pedal vibration is the worst though. I really like the vehicle but the vibrations really kill the experience.

Best of luck on your SC visit. We live an hour plus from the nearest SC so avoiding them for now.

I'd be willing to throw some dollars toward Munro to figure this out.

I have to say I am one of the luckier ones here though. I don't have the high-speed one at all. My 38-42 was minimal before and since the brake upgrade I really have to look for it, and often don't find it.

In case my situation worsens, I'd invest in Munro to research as a preventative measure.

Reactions: aerodyne
I have 17k miles on 2022 Plaid. I can confirm that vibration exists at range 42-50mph, and not on higher speed or out of that range. vibration developed around 5-7k miles on odometer and not progressed in worse side any longer.
Now, interesting facts:
- It's very mild and not appears all the time.
- I never tried drag strip launch (it has almost the same 0-60, but torque at start the beginning insane)
- I drive in plaid mode only and floor it constantly (each day)

The difference I see, not to use drag strip mode. But yeah, vibration is here.

“Third vibration;” how sad….

In this case, the initial vibration is the best of the "three?" as it disappears quickly and only apparent after a cold start. It seems like the vibration sensation is very similar. to the 30-40 mile an hour, only when lightly accelerating sensation. They seem related, but one disappears and the other does not.

I have an appointment for this next week but I think it is a waste of time and will most likely cancel.

In this case, the initial vibration is the best of the "three?" as it disappears quickly and only apparent after a cold start. It seems like the vibration sensation is very similar. to the 30-40 mile an hour, only when lightly accelerating sensation. They seem related, but one disappears and the other does not.

I have an appointment for this next week but I think it is a waste of time and will most likely cancel.
That it will (be)…