Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed Model S - rear seat rattle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
just got the car back and the rear rattle has been resolved. they made some adjustements(to what i dont know) and applied some shim tape. They are replacing the rear passenger bolster which was going to be a mobile repair.

I recently got a "steering assisst reduced" messsage, which went away when i left work, when i initially asked if the mobile tech could look into the message they went ahead and cancelled my mobile repair appt and now i have to take the vehicle into the service center.

just got the car back and the rear rattle has been resolved. they made some adjustements(to what i dont know) and applied some shim tape. They are replacing the rear passenger bolster which was going to be a mobile repair.

I recently got a "steering assisst reduced" messsage, which went away when i left work, when i initially asked if the mobile tech could look into the message they went ahead and cancelled my mobile repair appt and now i have to take the vehicle into the service center.
Can you please post a screenshot of your invoice from service, so we can see what they did.

Reactions: aerodyne
Right, I'll have to give it a try with a rubber mallet. I've no idea how much to hit it, or what angle really, but whatever... worth a shot, eh? No felt tape needed on the latch after that?
Pretty good wack. Just deflect it a few mm. If it’s too far bend it back the other way. It’s called calibration

• Funny
Reactions: cwanja and WilliamG
Just FYI.

We had incessant rattle on my wife’s 2022 MS LR, with only 4k miles. I was thinking it was a seat back issue, like so many others here. After days of work at the SC they found the rear subframe was loose—gotta love Tesla QA!

It is pathetic how much service and repair the Palladium MS requires, especially when they’ve been building the damn thing for a DECADE, as a model, and the Palladium for about two years now….

Customers are Tesla’s Beta testers—that needs to stop.

Reactions: aerodyne