Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed MS Ingress/Egress Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For my 2020 Model 3, I have to back in to sit down and totally bend my waist to get out. I’m 6’1”. The driver’s seat is positioned as low as it can be. I’ve got a refreshed Model S on order, and as I’ve not sat in one am wondering if it’s easier for ingress/egress than my 3. Thanks.

For my 2020 Model 3, I have to back in to sit down and totally bend my waist to get out. I’m 6’1”. The driver’s seat is positioned as low as it can be. I’ve got a refreshed Model S on order, and as I’ve not sat in one am wondering if it’s easier for ingress/egress than my 3. Thanks.
It’s going to be subjective, but it’s probably not any easier.

If ingress/egress is an issue, try a Model Y or X.

Upvote 0
It sounds like you have a long torso since you have the seat all the way down. I'm also 6'1", but I have long legs and a short torso, and have no trouble getting in or out of my 2018 Model S or my wife's 2018 Model 3. That said, the S is a little easier to get in/out of, so hopefully you'll find that to be the case too.

Reactions: SantaFeSpence
Upvote 0
Yeah, but I like the styling of the S more than the Y or X. Perhaps I'll stick with my M3, and wait for my Rivian or Fisker for the times I don't feel like a contortionist! Then again, I may take another look at the X.....
Having owned a Refreshed S, Y, and 3 the only one I would purchase again is the Y (once they add air suspension).

The ride height, visibility, and ease of ingress/egress cannot be beat.

Reactions: SantaFeSpence
Upvote 0