Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed MS LR/Plaid Firmware status

What version are you currently running?

Votes: 15 19.2%
  • 2021.12.25.x (Please specify "x" below)

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • 2021.24.x (Please specify "x" below)

Votes: 20 25.6%
  • Other; please specify below

Votes: 39 50.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am wondering if I should get the FSD now or invest the $10K in TSLA stock and then sell the TSLA to buy FSD when it is more robust. Granted Tesla will raise price on their FSD as it gets more robust but I am guessing that the Tesla stock will outpace FSD price increase.
I personally won’t purchase features, especially FSD, until they are demonstrated to properly function. My last car had Enhanced Autopilot which was perfect with the few extra features that were useful. Anyway, there is no guarantee FSD can work with current hardware spec, as many have unfortunately learned over the years Tesla has been pedaling the software.

FYI, you can now subscribe to FSD for $200 / month on your Tesla account if you want to try out the latest without dropping $10k.

Last edited:
I personally won’t purchase features, especially FSD, until they are demonstrated to properly function. My last car had Enhanced Autopilot which was perfect with the few extra features that were useful. Anyway, there is no guarantee FSD can work with current hardware spec, as many have unfortunately learned over the years Tesla has been pedaling the software.

FYI, you can now subscribe to FSD for $200 / month on your Tesla account if you want to try out the latest without dropping $10k.
I would gladly pay $5000 for EAP again but won't pay $10k or even $200 for FSD.

Really, I'd be happy with just Basic Autopilot and Auto Lane Change. I wish they offered Auto Lane Change for $2500 or so.

Well I would take auto lane change, summon and parking for $2500. I think EAP use to cost about that.
EAP was $5k. FSD was $3k on top of that. They did have some sales where FSD was offered for $2k but they also used to charge $500 or more if you added it after taking delivery.

Autopilot with AP1 was $2500 and did include summon, autopark and "auto" lane change...but required the driver to initiate it since there was only one camera.

I like the idea of subscribing to FSD for a month before we visit our son in Verona, WI. What I don't like is the trial period when they are collecting data and I have to drive sedately like a ICE car! One of the nice feature of our MS-LR that I enjoy is going from 0-60 in 3 seconds at at a stop sign!

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
What am I missing, how do I report problems with the FSD. If I click the dash cam is just says "can't load unless in park" or something like that. Saying "report" in the mic usually displays something else. What am I missing?
There are two different, but similar icons. It sounds like you are trying to access the dashcam viewer while driving, not the save clips to the dashcam. There's yet a third icon to report FSD Beta video clips.

To report FSD Beta issues, look for an icon like this. For 3 & Y, it's at the top, as shown below.
1640188013621.png

For the 2021+ Model S and X, you have to first open the controls screen and then tap the icon at the top.
-5051323157679549065_121.jpg