Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed Silver vs Midnight Silver pictures

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all. I have beeen set on midnight silver being my color of choice but I saw a picture of a refresh silver and damn I was surprised at how good it looks. Seems the lighter colors really stand out on the refreshed front end as the deleted grill looks more obvious. I really like the look. Midnight silver does look like it has more depth in direct sun though.

For whatever reason, Tesla has yet to put a dedicated photo galllery up like most other car websites so it's kind of hard to make a decision. I have combed other posts and have seen a few pics here and there. Please post pictures of your refreshed silver and midnight silver Model S to help me decide. Thanks in advance.

not the best pic, since it was a little cloudy and in my work parking lot, but you get the picture.

Chrome is all blacked out, windows tinted all around. Can't imagine having any other color!

Attachments

• IMG_20160901_090236.jpg
    IMG_20160901_090236.jpg
    616.8 KB · Views: 355
"Chrome is all blacked out, windows tinted all around. Can't imagine having any other color!"

Cool, I was wondering what it would look like with the chrome blacked out. Looks great. And those are the 19" wheels painted? I might have to do this after a year or so for my own personal refresh. I was thinking about maybe doing a grey wrap or something if I get tired of the silver. This would be cheaper.

Last edited:
Hello all. I have beeen set on midnight silver being my color of choice but I saw a picture of a refresh silver and damn I was surprised at how good it looks. Seems the lighter colors really stand out on the refreshed front end as the deleted grill looks more obvious. I really like the look. Midnight silver does look like it has more depth in direct sun though.

For whatever reason, Tesla has yet to put a dedicated photo galllery up like most other car websites so it's kind of hard to make a decision. I have combed other posts and have seen a few pics here and there. Please post pictures of your refreshed silver and midnight silver Model S to help me decide. Thanks in advance.
I ordered silver. I've seen all of the different colored refreshes in person and I liked the silver and black the most. I keep questioning my decision to get silver because I don't like that many cars in silver, but it just looks so good in person. Of course the MS looks good in all of the colors. I wish they still offered it in the dolphin grey. That might be the best. It does look good in the dark grey. It's just not my favorite.

Last edited:
Reactions: ModelX
I ordered silver. I've seen all of the different colored refreshes in person and I liked the silver and black the most. I keep questioning my decision to get silver because I don't like that many cars in silver, but it just looks so good in person. Of course the MS looks good in all of the colors. I wish they still offered it in the dolphin grey. That might be the best. It does look good in the dark grey. It's just not my favorite.

This is exactly how I am feeling now. Silver jus looks damn good on the Model S. Funny thing is I didn't think it looks that good before the refresh. I too prefer the dolphin grey over the current midnight silver.

Yeah, I've never had any other car but black or dark gray. This is my first silver. I agree the refreshed silver looks better then the earlier model. Also, I kind of like the fact that you don't see too many silver Teslas. Just trying to add as much uniqueness to an ever growing popular car.

Yeah, I've never had any other car but black or dark gray. This is my first silver. I agree the refreshed silver looks better then the earlier model. Also, I kind of like the fact that you don't see too many silver Teslas. Just trying to add as much uniqueness to an ever growing popular car.
You are correct about silver being scarce. Does make it stand out more.

Beautiful.

I love my silver with black wheels (added wheel rim protectors with red inserts) but now I'm seriously considering dechrome. That is striking!
not the best pic, since it was a little cloudy and in my work parking lot, but you get the picture.

Chrome is all blacked out, windows tinted all around. Can't imagine having any other color!

Another pic of a Chrome Delete. Used a bit a carbon fiber for accents...
IMG_7836.jpg
IMG_7839.jpg

I really wanted that old dolphin gray as my next one after I had the old blue. Sad they changed it a few times, although I love all the blue flake in the midnight silver