Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed Tesla Model X issues: frozen camera, brake fault, high voltage system fault, etc.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good news today on 1st half of trip from ATL to Tuscaloosa. Drove for well over 3.5 hours and 265+ miles. Stopped outside of Tuscaloosa at new supercharger, grabbed lunch and charged for 30 min from 13%-87%.

Jumped in car and arrived in Tuscaloosa shortly after. Multiple small trips within city. Drove 60 miles to hotel in Birmingham for the night.

Will charge up / top off at Bucees new SC tomorrow before heading home.

No issues at all today. Refreshing.

Not claiming issue is fully resolved yet, but today was good with very positive results.
That is great news. Thank you very much for letting us know!

Reactions: Turboz3 and jc368
Good news today on 1st half of trip from ATL to Tuscaloosa. Drove for well over 3.5 hours and 265+ miles. Stopped outside of Tuscaloosa at new supercharger, grabbed lunch and charged for 30 min from 13%-87%.

Jumped in car and arrived in Tuscaloosa shortly after. Multiple small trips within city. Drove 60 miles to hotel in Birmingham for the night.

Will charge up / top off at Bucees new SC tomorrow before heading home.

No issues at all today. Refreshing.

Not claiming issue is fully resolved yet, but today was good with very positive results.
I assumed you also reversed to connect to the supercharger and a few other times?

Where is that new Buc-ee’s supercharger located?

Thank you for the link! When the service center reschedules a service appointment, does it count for an attempt according to the Lemon Law? In this case, I already have four attempts.
Yes. My guess is that you are pretty much there, and that you should look to lemon the car. You’re unhappy and the car isn’t meeting your needs. Seems like a perfect use of the law.

Thank you for the link! When the service center reschedules a service appointment, does it count for an attempt according to the Lemon Law? In this case, I already have four attempts.
Based on what I read from the document posted by ohmman, and what you told us before, SC only made 1 attempt to repair your car.
Rescheduled appointments don't count as attempts.
If you leave your car at SC, it will count no matter what they do to your car.

Reactions: ohmman
I was in reverse numerous times. Also had turn signal blind spot cameras enabled.

The Buc-ee’s is in Leeds. (Outside of Birmingham). 16 chargers.
That’s wonderful! I remember how you had to avoid reversing on longer drives which made parking difficult, plus turn off your blind spot cameras!

I looked at the satellite and photos of that Leeds Buc-eye’s location, and I wish they wouldn’t put the superchargers right next to the gas pumps! I’d hoped they would be in another section of the parking lot.

Reactions: BamaATL
Based on what I read from the document posted by ohmman, and what you told us before, SC only made 1 attempt to repair your car.
Rescheduled appointments don't count as attempts.
If you leave your car at SC, it will count no matter what they do to your car.
It’s the 30days clock that makes it an easy trigger for the law, tesla avoids it with the mobile service. The 4 attempts can also be a trigger especially for complex issues like software, or inherent hardware design flaws.

It’s the 30days clock that makes it an easy trigger for the law, tesla avoids it with the mobile service. The 4 attempts can also be a trigger especially for complex issues like software, or inherent hardware design flaws.
30days clock that the vehicle has to be in the shop, not with customer and driving around while waiting for service appointment.
As I said above, your car has to in shop to be counted as an attempt no matter what they do or not to your car.

• The manufacturer or dealer hasn’t fixed the same problem after four or more attempts.
OP said there was 1 repair on his MX

• Your vehicle’s problems could cause death or serious bodily injury if it is driven, and the manufacturer or dealer has made at least two unsuccessful repair attempts.
OP still has his MX in possession and driving, so it's unqualified for this

• The vehicle has been in the shop for more than 30 days (not necessarily in a row) for repair of any problems covered by its warranty. This is called the Lemon Law Presumption.
OP MX is not in the shop.

IMO, OP should bring his MX to shop and leave it there until all problems repaired if he wants to look at Lemon Law

Reactions: jc368 and BamaATL
I see what you meant. I was assuming that the shop confirmed the issue but has not done anything yet.
Yes, they tried to repair it on Apr 5. Also they wrote that they ordered a replacement computer on Apr 18. But they actually didn’t order it.

They promised to drive to another service to pick up someone else’s computer on Monday because they failed to order the parts before the last 3 appointments and had to reschedule them.

Last edited:
Yes, they tried to repair it on Apr 5. Also they wrote that they ordered a replacement computer on Apr 18. But they actually didn’t order it.

They promised to drive to another service to pick up someone else’s computer on Monday because they failed to order the parts before the last 3 appointments and had to reschedule them.
To have better chance to use lemon law, you may need to leave your car at the shop.
If you still drive your car, I bet you won't qualify for 2nd bullet.

Same issues here Refresh Model S LR , and tbh, they start during the preconditioning when going to a supercharger, and they just get worse during/after supercharging.

After the first incident, I just dismissed it and drove home.

After the second incident, I was on the phone with roadside assistance and they just told me to reboot (I didn't know about the scroll wheel reboot prior to this incident). Took the car into service center and they said a firmware update would fix it.

I stopped supercharging for a 2 months, waiting for the firmware update. I'm now on 2022.4.5.21 and went to supercharge a day ago, and then all the nonsense started happening all over again. Flashing lights, frozen/laggy cameras, frozen/laggy FSD animations.

Took into the service center and they said they couldn't reproduce the issue, but my invoice shows that 2 things were replaced:
- Retrofit HCU Wake-Up Wire ASY, HARN, FRUNK SWITCH GND, OVERLAY, MS (17317861-00-B)
- Battery Controller ASY BATTERY CONTROLLER, GEN 1 (1588205-04-B)

Fingers crossed the next time I go to supercharge it won't act up on me.

Images/videos of issues 👇

Same issues here Refresh Model S LR , and tbh, they start during the preconditioning when going to a supercharger, and they just get worse during/after supercharging.

After the first incident, I just dismissed it and drove home.

After the second incident, I was on the phone with roadside assistance and they just told me to reboot (I didn't know about the scroll wheel reboot prior to this incident). Took the car into service center and they said a firmware update would fix it.

I stopped supercharging for a 2 months, waiting for the firmware update. I'm now on 2022.4.5.21 and went to supercharge a day ago, and then all the nonsense started happening all over again. Flashing lights, frozen/laggy cameras, frozen/laggy FSD animations.

Took into the service center and they said they couldn't reproduce the issue, but my invoice shows that 2 things were replaced:
- Retrofit HCU Wake-Up Wire ASY, HARN, FRUNK SWITCH GND, OVERLAY, MS (17317861-00-B)
- Battery Controller ASY BATTERY CONTROLLER, GEN 1 (1588205-04-B)

Fingers crossed the next time I go to supercharge it won't act up on me.

Images/videos of issues 👇

This proves that Tesla doesn't have a clear action list in response to the issue. Lucky owners are getting new computers, and other people are just waiting for miraculous firmware updates.