Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refund request submitted on Aug 2, 2019 still pending!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had ordered a Model 3 on June 27, 2019 and then decided to cancel that order because it kept getting delayed and got a Model S instead from the existing inventory. It's a company car.
I requested a refund of the original reservation fee of 2,000 pounds on Aug 2, 2019 which still hasn't been processed?! It's been 103 days, that's gotta be a new record of sorts. :mad:
I've sent multiple emails, tried calling them but couldn't get to a person after waiting for hours on the phone... If anyone has advice please share.

This is worrying and unacceptable.

I have a used MS on order with a deposit of 4K but my Order was cancelled without my knowledge and my reservation shows as refund requested. But seems I am going to have to wait. Why is no one talking about hitting these cowboys with a lawsuit?

I mean no other car manufacturer will treat their customers like this, the world can surely do without Tesla, but I bet Tesla needs it customers to survive.

Its just total shambles.

Reactions: cucubits
It's unreasonable to have to wait more than a couple of weeks for a refund and even then I'd be unhappy waiting that at long. Have you thought about getting in touch with your credit card provider to request that they invoke a chargeback?

Thanks for the replies! Still no answer from them. I'm considering involving a lawyer at this point. Sigh. It's really unfortunate because I'm one of Tesla's biggest fans but I also think they do have to be called out on treating customers like dirt.

I had ordered a Model 3 on June 27, 2019 and then decided to cancel that order because it kept getting delayed and got a Model S instead from the existing inventory. It's a company car.
I requested a refund of the original reservation fee of 2,000 pounds on Aug 2, 2019 which still hasn't been processed?! It's been 103 days, that's gotta be a new record of sorts. :mad:
I've sent multiple emails, tried calling them but couldn't get to a person after waiting for hours on the phone... If anyone has advice please share.
I have spoken to Tesla on the phone twice in the last 2 weeks, once took me 10 minutes @9am and the other 30 minutes @11am so it is possible but assume you would be selecting different options from the menu maybe they dedicate more staff to the "delivery" option than whatever you are selecting. You could always "accidently" chose the wrong options on the menu :).
They have not responded to any emails I have sent them in the last month though. hence the calls

No excuse but I get the distinct impression that a refund for anything made under their old computer (Zeus?) system is quite challenging for them. Sounds like a right royal PITA but the local staff seem to be trying their best. Swap over order times seems to be within last few months.

It's generally not the front desk staff's fault so assuming you can get away while they're open I'd head on to the service centre with a few croissants and ask for it to be processed while I wait. If that fails then I probably would get stroppy and demand the face to face attention of manager and up the chain until sorted.

May I ask what number you used, please? Thanks!

"Not to worry Sir, we're pretty sure we've tracked down your deposit now."
harwell-witch-computer-old-640x487.jpg

I have spoken to Tesla on the phone twice in the last 2 weeks, once took me 10 minutes @9am and the other 30 minutes @11am so it is possible but assume you would be selecting different options from the menu maybe they dedicate more staff to the "delivery" option than whatever you are selecting. You could always "accidently" chose the wrong options on the menu :).
They have not responded to any emails I have sent them in the last month though. hence the calls

Is it a secret number to call to ask for a refund I don,t understand why there is reluctance to share the number, not in response to your post specifically, just wondering out loud. I have been waiting for a refund now also with no response to my emails.