Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refunds on Roadster Deposit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Refund didn't come

I was promised my refund over each of the last 2 weeks, but it never came. Now they are tellig me March. I doubt if they will make good on that as well. I think they have no money.

Doug,

While I agree with your sentiment it seems that SEVERAL people are in this situation and most of them have been told the check is in the mail at least once if not several times. I have a sneaking suspicion that the $ is gone .... I think that all will probably see the car eventually but I don't think any are going to see a refund. Hopefully I am wrong.

I was emailed on Friday 2/6 that my refund check was cut and FedEx'd that day. As I am still in Japan (until this weekend), I am not aware of it's status. I've TM my fiance` and she'll let me know if its arrived when she is finished at work. More later.

I was emailed on Friday 2/6 that my refund check was cut and FedEx'd that day.
If they FedEx'd it, they should have been able to provide you with a tracking number. Via FedEx's website, you should be able to see if it was in fact delivered.

Moderator's Note: I'm going to merge these two topics because there is too much overlap.

Last edited:
I did get a FedEx package from Tesla today. Somehow I got side tracked and did not open it. How crazy is that. I didn't have time to open a package with a $5,000 check in it. Assuming it is in there, I will be cashing it tomorrow just in case.

Well, it would not have been invested in the stock market. It would have been invested on the short side of subprime mortgages, which went up 300% for me. So I guess I really lost $150,000 in addition to the $50,000.

After requesting a tracking number for my refund, I recieved a prompt response from the same Tesla employee that had emailed earlier. Work schedules have made it difficult to get the package as an "adult signature" is required.

My better half will pick up the envelope at the Fed Ex station today. I step on a plane to return to the US in a few hours. So by Friday afternoon I expect to have it in my hand.

Call me a pollyanna, but I have always had faith that they would carry through. Certainly I understand that the flip side was always a possiblity. I knew that going in. This closes a reather sad chapter for me. But I remain confident that I'll be revisiting Tesla before the book is finished.

Tim

Last edited: