Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Registration Needs a Counter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was confused by the hotel part, too. I've asked the other organizers dealing with registrations to see if we can make it more clear on the registration page.

My understanding (meaning, I may come back and correct this) is that the hotel has been given your registration and the room is reserved in your name. I do know that the rate is substantially discounted for conference attendees - I will get that information and post it all here.

- - - Updated - - -

This will be showing up shortly under FAQs:
How do I reserve a hotel room? What is the cost per night?

Reservations made by May 12, 2013 will receive a discounted room rate of US $95, including internet access.

If you select hotel dates on your registration, we will reserve a room for you in the TESLIVE block at the Crowne Plaza, at the group rate of $95 per night. Please do not contact the hotel directly. If you did not reserve a room through your registration and you would like to reserve a room or if you would like to make changes to the existing reservation, please contact the TESLIVE Registration Team. A confirmation number will be sent to you on June 12th.

What if I want to extend the hotel stay before or after the conference?

You may extend your stay, however there is no guarantee that the rate will be $95.00. It depends on hotel availability. Please contact [email protected] for availability.​

Last edited:
Can I ask why this hotel was chosen?

As ... there is a Marriott right across from the factory that I am told (only had lunch there) might be much nicer. I am assuming one could stay there and drive the 5 miles to the "convention" center?

Just askin'.

The Marriott had some dates available and was our original choice. Just not any dates available that coincided with Elon's schedule. And, imo, having Elon as a speaker trumped the hotel location. (Remember that the date changed awhile ago ... now you know why.)

People may disagree with that decision, but hey!, a decision got made. :)

Can you say "Two birds with one stone"? Buy the Marriott chain, install superchargers at each location. Problem solved. :wink: :biggrin:

Funny you all mention this, I have a contact at Starwood (Westin, Sheraton, W, St Regis. Le Meridien brands) who said that Starwood and Tesla are in discussions on installing chargers at their hotels. I wasn't thinking super chargers, just the HPC, but I may be wrong.

Funny you all mention this, I have a contact at Starwood (Westin, Sheraton, W, St Regis. Le Meridien brands) who said that Starwood and Tesla are in discussions on installing chargers at their hotels. I wasn't thinking super chargers, just the HPC, but I may be wrong.
Francis, please let us know if there's anything owners can do to assist in convincing them to invest in some (> 30A preferably) chargers that are Model S compatible. It's one thing to vote with our wallets (only staying at hotels that have them), but it's sometimes more time productive to make it clear that we will be doing that so that they have them before we need them rather than after.