Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rejected delivery due to misaligned door (see below). Now they want to charge me more for another vehicle or accept the same?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG20230910142824.jpg
IMG_20230912_111656.jpg
IMG_20230912_111736.jpg
IMG_20230912_111816.jpg
Screenshot_2023-09-12-10-54-24-44_36dfaede156ffd9be0cb4e45a0b4308d.jpg
Screenshot_2023-09-12-11-07-24-24_36dfaede156ffd9be0cb4e45a0b4308d.jpg
IMG_20230912_114824.jpg
Screenshot_2023-09-12-11-47-49-20_36dfaede156ffd9be0cb4e45a0b4308d.jpg

What do I do now? I don't like the options they are giving. Do I lose Order Fee + Destination Charge if I refuse these options?

It makes sense to me that the Inventory vehicle discount is attached to the specific VIN, and isn't transferrable to a different vehicle. So it seems like you have to decide if the discount is worth the mis-alignment, or if you want to wait/shop for a different vehicle.

You haven't paid the destination charge have you? I would hope that they refund the order fee, or at least move it to another vehicle, in situations like this, but technically I don't think they have to.

Upvote 0
I understand why they wouldn't transfer the discount to a new "custom order", but they should give you another matching inventory vehicle. If I understand correctly - it seems they *would* do that, but they don't have any of the same configuration.

You don't get to see the actual inventory vehicles from the website, so it's impossible to see a misalignment like this. I truly hope they accommodate you.

I'm usually one to suggest "just live with it" to other posters that have small misalignments... but this looks really bad and will no doubt catch debris / road salt / etc that will encourage rust, paint deterioration, and other issues.

If I were in your shoes, I would just be persistent that you want a vehicle without this major misalignment that matches your specs.

It may be the case that a different vehicle won't have the same discount, but you should not lose your order fee or any other monies paid because of this.

Strongly suggest being unfathomably polite to the very end. Getting angry or losing your cool won't help in this case, and Tesla sales employees aren't paid commission... you really need a sympathetic advocate on the inside.

I have faith that this will resolve well and that you'll be happy owning the world's best selling vehicle in the near future. Good luck! And welcome to the forums!

Upvote 0
They're really getting on my nerves.

Please don't let that happen. Buying from Tesla is very different than a dealership and salesman. It's just a process that you have to persist through. Hiccups do happen, but it really is a more open and honest process than salesman. Patience and understanding is key... and remaining cordial with their staff will serve you better. This will work out.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Upvote 0
I agree this vehicle seems to have such a significant defect that it should be treated differently. Tesla should either send it to a body shop for repair or sell it at auction. Trying to sell it to a customer is bad for business and will only leave that customer with a bad experience and possibly distrust.

Tesla is like a massively enormous machine with just a single decision maker at the top. Everyone else seems to just be bound by the systems in place. Things like this fall through the cracks.

Reactions: ord3r
Upvote 0