Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone done wheel alignment at Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a ‘22 M3P and the steering wheel was off center as delivered. I took it to Tesla and they aligned it, they did a good job. At 22k miles the tires are wearing evenly.
Had the same exact issue with a '20 M3P, but waited too long to get it fixed under delivery inspection. Ended up waiting until I had a flat. A little pricey but they did the job. Ridiculous this is still happening.

How was the experience? Is it worth $250? Do they actually align all wheels and parameters? Can they give a print out before-after?

The problem is that my wheel alignment experience with other shops (pep boys, mavis tires and etc) was horrible. They are literally scammers! They promise to do all wheel alignment but only do the front wheel toe. And when I tried to force them to do what they promised they always just gave me money back.
Our cars have conventional suspensions. A local Discount Tire has made a very profitable business out of doing work that ripoff artists are too stupid to attempt. The Tesla is my wife’s car; I drive a 2017 Fiat 124 Abarth. It’s suspension is identical to the current MX5, so I can go to places known to that community. They are very happy to align a Tesla because they actually know what they’re doing. Find local sports car people and use their shops! If the rest are too stupid to use their equipment they don’t deserve your business.

If insurance coverage is available, Tesla's official four-wheel alignment service is quite worthwhile. Despite having modified the camber on my car, I found that using insurance to have Tesla's technicians adjust the toe(both front and rear wheels) resulted in much higher accuracy compared to external repair shops.

On the other hand, if it's an out-of-pocket expense, I wouldn't recommend it. However, you should also consider the charging rates of other local repair shops in your area.

I had therm align my 23 m3 because the steering wheel wasn't straight. The printout they gave me showed a couple of parameters were out (I forget which ones) that the brought back into spec. The steering wheel is now straight and the tires seem to be wearing evenly, but I only have about 7k miles on them.

Cost was $0 because it was a warranty issue. ymmv.

How was the experience? Is it worth $250? Do they actually align all wheels and parameters? Can they give a print out before-after?

The problem is that my wheel alignment experience with other shops (pep boys, mavis tires and etc) was horrible. They are literally scammers! They promise to do all wheel alignment but only do the front wheel toe. And when I tried to force them to do what they promised they always just gave me money back.
I was quoted $525 and when I asked if that's to fix or just to diagnose. Got the message "Due to having to do your alignment not being correctly done, we would need to further diagnose it. The cost is for the alignment and to do diagnostic".