Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Remote forward and reverse

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What other cars have remote summon, without a package?
It's true that's usually only available on higher trim levels. We can pick nits over trim level vs. package but the point was that there doesn't seem to be a technical reason to tie it to FSD. It would be nice if it was available separately.

I would have thought this would end up being more profitable for Tesla. I imagine a lot of people don't see the cost of FSD being worth it at this time but might pay less for something like Summon.

Reactions: E90alex
I do wish there was a really basic pull in/out was included standard. Not a full on drive to your summon location, just the ability to make minor angle adjustments and no more than like 10-15 feet of movement. More or less an implementation like the new F150 Lightning has, just a simple "remote control".

Yeah exactly. The Ioniq 5 and Kia EV6 have this available too.

When I look at a Ioniq 5 (for example) this feature is only available on the limited trim, which has a MSRP about 8k more than the standard one (before any dealer pack / markup). That means if this is the only feature one wants on an ioniq 5 it costs 8k, and comes with other stuff you dont want (like every other car manufacturer including tesla does).

Reactions: rpiotro
When I look at a Ioniq 5 (for example) this feature is only available on the limited trim, which has a MSRP about 8k more than the standard one (before any dealer pack / markup). That means if this is the only feature one wants on an ioniq 5 it costs 8k, and comes with other stuff you dont want (like every other car manufacturer including tesla does).
I just meant that it doesn’t require FSD to function since cars without that have it, but I guess it’s fair to look at it as a package. Although they do call it FSD.

If I had the base model of one of those I’d wish it was available separately too ;)