Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Remove center console?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just took delivery of a refreshed 90D to replace my three and a half year old Model S. I am finding that I really strongly dislike the new center console and miss that open space in my old car. In my opinion, the center console is a tremendous waste of space and makes the front of the car feel much more cramped.

So my question is: is it possible to remove it? I'd be willing to invest some money in its removable - I dislike it that much.

Thanks

BertL: Wow, that was seriously brave to attempt that yourself! It's way beyond my capabilities, but you've definitely given me hope that it may be possible. However, as I look at it, it's really integrated into the main cup holder console, which was in the older models. I think it's going to be major surgery to get it out.

I can only think that Elon must hate this thing. Really badly designed and takes up so much room for absolutely nothing.

Nosken: I have figured ash and black leather in my car, but there is no wood at all on the console. Plenty of black leather on the sides though.

Between not liking the console and not being thrilled with my color choice (got silver, should have gotten titanium), I'm really tempted to trade it in for one of the pre-refresh test drive cars they're trying to get rid of on the website. :-(