Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Removing the chrome?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any pictures in cars where the chrome has been removed? MC red?

did see some plastidip thing but dont like that. Interested in wrapping or other solutions. Love to see pictures of different options and hear experiences.

personally think he chrome on the model S is plain terrible. Did miss the option like on BMW to remove the chrome from factory. ;-)

Here is one of my customers cars (zax123). He had all his chrome wrapped in either gloss black or carbon fiber, a very nice looking car, and much better than plasti dip as far as looks and durability goes.

1011577_10153283916915347_1889168824_n.jpg

What color would you make it? Black door handles would look odd on an MC red. Gray to match your wheels?

I'd be happy with a satin or brushed finish instead of the brightwork on my MC Red, but that sounds like more trouble than it's worth.

Guess why im looking for pictures? ;-) black, carbon, tinted to look like black chrome etc.. Anything but the ugly chrome chrome...

- - - Updated - - -

Black and carbon did look excellent on the orange BMW 1M so dont see why it would not look good on MC Red

The side mirror can be wrapped. The only chrome that can't be blacked out is the fog lights. Some people black out the vents right next to them, but then you get a weird effect where the black vents line up with chrome in the light assembly.
Some folks just leave the vents chrome.

The non tech package cars without fog lights have black trim inside the fog light assembly, but I don't know anyone who has owned up the tech lights to wrap that chrome trim.

Reactions: Razam101